• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Rail Support - Co-ordinator

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotsman

Established Member
(I know this is technically bus stuff)

I've got an application form for a Co-ordinator role at First Rail Support, just after a bit of advice on what I should put in the application

One part asks for any relevant experience, I intend to put my heritage rail stuff in there (example of working in safety critical environment/relevant experience) without labouring it, and my offer to study journalism at uni (clear communicator)

Anything else I should put here?

Then I get to "Why do you want to work for First?" - Presumably about wanting to help folk, First being great(!) etc - any other suggestions?

Cheers in advance
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
*bump*

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LCC106

Established Member
Hi Scotsman

In the absence of any other posts I'd like to help but I'm afraid I'm struggling to do so, not knowing the role. Can you copy and paste the job description here so we can understand the content of the role...?

scotsman

Established Member
We’ve all dreaded the announcement that our train is cancelled and is to be replaced by a bus. We want people who can turn this negative feeling into a positive journey experience. We want people who want to go that extra mile to ensure that the transition between bus and coach is as seamless as possible.

This is an ideal role for people who like to work outdoors covering a number of different shifts at different stations across the UK. Previous transport experience is beneficial but we are really looking for people who can think on their feet, using their own initiative, tact and humour to provide First class customer service.

LCC106

Established Member
Sounds like you have the right idea. Cover all the bases including any customer service experience, problem solving, ability to work outdoors, different shifts etc. and you should be on the right lines. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.