• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Scot Rail Maintenance engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kolem_

Hey guys - I have been very lucky to just receive a apprentice maintenance engineering position with First ScotRail - after completing my apprenticeship and being fully qualified, what wage should I expect to earn as a full time maintenance engineer?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

millemille

Hey guys - I have been very lucky to just receive a apprentice maintenance engineering position with First ScotRail - after completing my apprenticeship and being fully qualified, what wage should I expect to earn as a full time maintenance engineer?

It varies from company to company and how they view freshly qualified apprentices and their competency.

On the tools as a freshly qualified Cat 3, or comparable, fitter you can expect around the low to mid £20k's a year with no O/T.

If you stay on the tools and work your way up you'll top out as a technician /Rolling Stock Inspector with a high £30 k's (even low £40ks' is possible) basic salary.

The good old days of unlimited OT are generally gone (as a Cat 4CI in the 90's I earned between £50 and £60k a year due to unlimited OT) but I know technicians/RSI's who are earning £45k a year at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.