• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First West of England (Bristol, Bath & The West)

Private Baxter

Established Member
32688 is still with FS&A as a spare for the Severn Express; it was on the 13:15 Cribbs Causeway to Bristol (12:15 ex Newport) yesterday.
Indeed it was. I went to the bus station at that time yesterday to try and see one of the new buses, only for 32688 to show up instead. I was most disappointed! :lol:
The bad luck for first continues. No bus that requires adblue is allowed out of LH today.
??

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
Adblue is a fuel additive that is synthetically created but is the same chemical make up as sheep urine (urea). It is used to reduce nitrogen oxide emissions and is used with a converter. Using the vehicle without the adblue may damage the converter or the engine will reduce power to compensate.

The reason why they don't have it? Failed to order? Faulty gauge (or telematics if employed)? Missed delivery? Faulty pump so can't administer it? Could be any of those so unless someone knows.....

Edit: posted just after BBC had posted. Clearly ran out but why...

Last edited:

THarris123

Established Member
66992 on X31 too

Tried out U1 today to Bathwick. How do the Bendies cope with that hill? It really shows that E400s can't climb hills well unfortunately.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
32636 41

D2007wsm

Established Member
I don't know what's been going on over the last couple of days, may find out tommorow

swifty

Established Member
Could it be.....?

Post 14941 by D2007wsm on the closure of Hengrove depot this week.

My initial thoughts too, could have used a Substantial amount and Sunday service would be a good way of saving some for the weekdays if delivery is not until Monday?

Having said that 37350 is out on the 45 tonigh!

BBC

My initial thoughts too, could have used a Substantial amount and Sunday service would be a good way of saving some for the weekdays if delivery is not until Monday?

Having said that 37350 is out on the 45 tonigh!

Apparently it's all fine now.

LeylandLynx

I had 33660 on the 50 last Tuesday. It is back in urban livery with an orange front, just like the other ex-Kernow E400's. I have also noticed that none of the ex-Kernow E400's are out on Sundays, but I saw an unidentified (presumably) 12-plate E400 on the 50 with no orange front.

swifty

Established Member
I had 33660 on the 50 last Tuesday. It is back in urban livery with an orange front, just like the other ex-Kernow E400's. I have also noticed that none of the ex-Kernow E400's are out on Sundays, but I saw an unidentified (presumably) 12-plate E400 on the 50 with no orange front.

There were orange E400s parked up at Hengrove Park this afternoon, the one you saw would have been SN12AFU.

Martin2012

The 47s, 78s, X6s and X49s all had single deck eclipses today-presumably a result of the ad blue problem. Normally those routes all get double deckers.

It has got me thinking, had the eclipses not been required on those routes today, what would they have been used on instead? Or would they have just sat in the depot unused all day?

Must admit I was expecting a streetlite on the X49 as was the case one sunday a few months ago when they were presumably short of deckers.

freetoview33

Established Member
The 47s, 78s, X6s and X49s all had single deck eclipses today-presumably a result of the ad blue problem. Normally those routes all get double deckers.

It has got me thinking, had the eclipses not been required on those routes today, what would they have been used on instead? Or would they have just sat in the depot unused all day?

Must admit I was expecting a streetlite on the X49 as was the case one sunday a few months ago when they were presumably short of deckers.

Maybe a rail replacement day, as when there is rail replacement double deckers end up on there, but admittedly Hengrove normally cover that one.

LeylandLynx

I got a glimpse of a fully branded E400 for the 50 today. Does anyone have any idea which one it is?