• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First West of England (Bristol, Bath & The West)

D2007wsm

Established Member
The purple Darts have been operating on anything, today 1 at least is on the 7s along with an orange E400, an Express Yourself E400 and Streetlites. One of the Open Tops is out and the pink Mticket Streetlite is on 3s.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

D2007wsm

Established Member
It was on the 20 the other day still branded. Who knows what is happening with allocations and plans changing all the time. The purple Darts have been partially debranded still retaining the pink circles and adverts for Mtickets etc. but minus the Unibus logos.

D2007wsm

Established Member
I didn't see the Geminis until after I had posted lol what I listed is what I had seen at that point.

Supposedly, 2 more Geminis should be arriving from Glasgow this weekend.

Dhassell

32001 in the Weston Carnival this evening. All fitted out with Christmas Lights and a snow machine!

Whiteway215

Established Member
The Bath Chronicle reports that this week First donated 40584 YJ51RJU to St Saviours C of E Junior School,Larkhall, Bath. James Freeman made the presentation. It has been fitted out internally and repainted by First.

henairs

44524 doing the honours on 669 today with more passengers travelling today.
667 run by SWC seems to be a route of two halves, quiet Wincanton to Castle Cary but a good footfall of passengers between Cary and Street.
Two vehicles work these duty's today's vehicles being Caetano Dart RL51 ZKS and Enviro Dart BX11 PTU so a contrast in ages and seating. Cheers, Mike R

THarris123

Established Member
44524 doing the honours on 669 today with more passengers travelling today.
667 run by SWC seems to be a route of two halves, quiet Wincanton to Castle Cary but a good footfall of passengers between Cary and Street.
Two vehicles work these duty's today's vehicles being Caetano Dart RL51 ZKS and Enviro Dart BX11 PTU so a contrast in ages and seating. Cheers, Mike R
667 was 2 leased E200s last Saturday. I agree with the route too. Quite a few to the next few villages after Street, then no one until Castle Cary where we picked up about 2.

669 seems to be in two routes too based on my trip last week - people from Shepton to Glastonbury and then people from the estates in Glastonbury to Street. I personally think you could reroute 29 around Street and then merge 668 and 669 at Glastonbury, only serving Street at peak/college times.

THarris123

Established Member
Wonder what will be replacing the streetlites at Hengrove. Any clues?
Well I'm thinking - the Streetlites in Weston are younger than Hengrove, so maybe they're moving the younger ones to Hengrove and the ones out of warranty to Glasgow.

Or maybe 24 will be reduced in frequency due to Metrobus?

freetoview33

Established Member
Well I'm thinking - the Streetlites in Weston are younger than Hengrove, so maybe they're moving the younger ones to Hengrove and the ones out of warranty to Glasgow.

The Northern half of the 24 can't be reduced, it is crowded at the best of times! The Southern half would also be hard to cut, as it is the only bus that serves North Street.

vicbury

Aren't they all out of warranty? I thought buses typically come with one or two years. Agree with freetoview33 - I can't see the 24 being cut in frequency.

D2007wsm

Established Member
The Streetlites in Weston are also the Micro Hybrid version as well. Also, with the impending introduction of the new E400s on the A1s and E200s on the A3 in the New Year, the A1 B7RLEs and A3 Streetlites will be freed up. The B7s may be used to free up some Streetlites.

The Glasgow Geminis are predominantly destined for the 7s as the Streetlites are overloading with the reduced frequency of every 12 minutes plus the demise of Crosville. The last time the 7s were running at this frequency without Crosville it was in the hands of B7RLEs.

Any surplus Geminis will be used to bolster the E400 Excel fleet as there is currently not enough deckers to operate the X1/X2/X3/X3A/X5/X6/X7/X9, with Streetlites substituting on certain boards on the X1-X4 circuit. Once enough deckers are received, the entire Excel network should be deckers apart from the couple of boards which operate the last 3 evening X8s. The rest of the day operating on X6/X7/X9.

Currently the morning X5 Clevedon dupe is also a Streetlite most of the times as once back in Weston, it spends the rest of the day on 7s.

Private Baxter

Established Member

I had thought that, as with the arrival of geminis in Weston, fewer streetlites will be needed, so we could maybe see the 64 reg ones heading back to Hengrove, and as D2007 points out, the two currently used on A3 should become free fairly soon as well.

CD

Changes to 50 and creation of new 50a route from January.

07.01.18 50 City Centre – Temple Meads – Totterdown – Knowle – Hengrove – Hengrove Park First Amendments to timetable, Monday to Friday frequency reduced to every 30 minutes from approximately 08:30 (to the Centre) and 09:30 (to Hengrove Park). Saturday frequency reduced to every 30 minutes from 10:00 (to the Centre) and 09:40 (to the Hengrove Park). Sunday timetable revised but frequency remains the same.
Change of route in Hengrove only, early morning and evening journeys will operate to and from Hengrove Depot.
Please refer to service 50A for additional journeys operating between Filwood Park and the City Centre.
07.01.18 50A City Centre – Temple Meads – Totterdown – Knowle – Hengrove Park First New Service operating same route as service 50 between the City Centre and Filwood Park (Creswicke Road). After Creswiske Road the service will operate directly to Hengrove Depot via Airport Road.
Service will operate every 30 minutes Monday to Friday from approximately 09:00 – 17:00 (to the City Centre) and 08:15 – 17:45 (to Hengrove Depot). Saturday frequency is every 30 minutes from approximately 10:30 – 17:00 (to the City Centre) and 10:00 – 17:40 (to Hengrove Depot). No Sunday and Public Holiday service.

freetoview33

Established Member
Also day time 76s will terminate at Henbury Crow Lane again and no longer go to Cribbs Causeway.

And

The Brislington Park & Ride Sunday service will be withdrawn

THarris123

Established Member
Changes to 50 and creation of new 50a route from January.

07.01.18 50 City Centre – Temple Meads – Totterdown – Knowle – Hengrove – Hengrove Park First Amendments to timetable, Monday to Friday frequency reduced to every 30 minutes from approximately 08:30 (to the Centre) and 09:30 (to Hengrove Park). Saturday frequency reduced to every 30 minutes from 10:00 (to the Centre) and 09:40 (to the Hengrove Park). Sunday timetable revised but frequency remains the same.
Change of route in Hengrove only, early morning and evening journeys will operate to and from Hengrove Depot.
Please refer to service 50A for additional journeys operating between Filwood Park and the City Centre.
07.01.18 50A City Centre – Temple Meads – Totterdown – Knowle – Hengrove Park First New Service operating same route as service 50 between the City Centre and Filwood Park (Creswicke Road). After Creswiske Road the service will operate directly to Hengrove Depot via Airport Road.
Service will operate every 30 minutes Monday to Friday from approximately 09:00 – 17:00 (to the City Centre) and 08:15 – 17:45 (to Hengrove Depot). Saturday frequency is every 30 minutes from approximately 10:30 – 17:00 (to the City Centre) and 10:00 – 17:40 (to Hengrove Depot). No Sunday and Public Holiday service.
Is 50A just 51?

D2007wsm

Established Member
RUMOURS were doing the rounds not so long back when it was first said Geminis were coming from Glasgow to Weston for the 7s, some of the Streetlites would be used to replace the Darts on 3s. The Streetlites have been very well received in Weston, particularly when they appear on the 3s and when the 'Next Stop' announcements are working.

Keeping some Streetlites for the 3s would balance out the age profile in Weston, from swapping 10 3 year old vehicles on the 7s for 10 13 year old vehicles. Retaining the Darts which are 11/12 years old would drop the age profile in Weston significantly.

With the reduction in the 50s in January, this may free up another 1 or 2 E400s for the Excel network.

THarris123

Established Member
RUMOURS were doing the rounds not so long back when it was first said Geminis were coming from Glasgow to Weston for the 7s, some of the Streetlites would be used to replace the Darts on 3s. The Streetlites have been very well received in Weston, particularly when they appear on the 3s and when the 'Next Stop' announcements are working.

Keeping some Streetlites for the 3s would balance out the age profile in Weston, from swapping 10 3 year old vehicles on the 7s for 10 13 year old vehicles. Retaining the Darts which are 11/12 years old would drop the age profile in Weston significantly.

With the reduction in the 50s in January, this may free up another 1 or 2 E400s for the Excel network.
Are we sure it's a reduction on 50?