• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First West of England (Bristol, Bath & The West)

henairs

Hi,
Ex Weymouth 32045 was on Taunton Depot today parked in corner of the yard.
No idea why it's here so rather surprised to see it.
Cheers, Mike R

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

D2007wsm

Established Member
Are both sets of doors being used on the newest Enviros?
They are being used on the Scanias on the A1 at the airport and Temple Meads.

On a side note at least one of the A3 Streetlites has allready been debranded and is in base airport livery minus branding. Didn't catch the fleet number to see which one it was, but it was on 7s today.

freetoview33

Established Member
The 1,2,3 and 4's are now much busier from Cribbs now the 76 has gone. This is my final post on this topic but I don't think the withdrawal of the 76 is anyway down to "lack of use".

I think it was because of:

A) Works at Cribbs Causeway.
B) The need to cut down on buses.
C) It was a service that was duplicated and could be cut.

Marcus Fryer

The 1,2,3 and 4's are now much busier from Cribbs now the 76 has gone. This is my final post on this topic but I don't think the withdrawal of the 76 is anyway down to "lack of use".

It's a busy time at Cribbs anyway this time of year, as evidenced by the number of cars there.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th

I don’t anyone was arguing lack of use? Just that it was duplicating other routes (very little was unique to the 76) and in the era of saving costs, it was a logical cut.

Colly405

I don’t anyone was arguing lack of use? Just that it was duplicating other routes (very little was unique to the 76) and in the era of saving costs, it was a logical cut.
First were:
"The curtailed route of Service 76 reflects low customer demand for the section of route between Henbury and Cribbs Causeway, duplication of other services and will also help to improve reliability and punctuality."

I see that Cribbs stops E and F are closed. Presumably Metrobus work, but will they become 1 or 2 stops, thinking how long Metrobus stops are...
The 2 is moved to D, and the 1 to A, although there is no evidence of this on the revised stops themselves.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
First were:
"The curtailed route of Service 76 reflects low customer demand for the section of route between Henbury and Cribbs Causeway, duplication of other services and will also help to improve reliability and punctuality."

I see that Cribbs stops E and F are closed. Presumably Metrobus work, but will they become 1 or 2 stops, thinking how long Metrobus stops are...
The 2 is moved to D, and the 1 to A, although there is no evidence of this on the revised stops themselves.

I meant on here :D We all know the truth - that if you have a load of frequent buses 2/3 full, then by removing 1/5 then you can still accommodate with fewer resources.

Marcus Fryer

First were:

According to the display just inside the mall, the 2 is moved to G, and a timetable for the 2 has been put up in that shelter. The 2s were using G yesterday.

diffywood

According to website that's correct

The bus stops for services 1 and 2 at Cribbs Causeway Bus Station will be closed from Tuesday 2nd January for approximately six weeks.

This closure is required in order to carry out MetroBus works.

Whilst these stops are closed service 1 will use bus stop A and service 2 will use bus stop G.

freetoview33

Established Member

The bus stops for services 1 and 2 at Cribbs Causeway Bus Station will be closed from Tuesday 2nd January for approximately six weeks.

Whilst these stops are closed service 1 will use bus stop A and service 2 will use bus stop G.
From what I gather the Metrobus stop was suppose to be inplace of stop A and B at Cribbs. But the stops needed an upgrade anyway.

Colly405

The 2 was definitely using D last Friday week. At one point there was a 2 on stand, a 73 waiting to get to the stop to unload and load, which was blocking a 19 leaving to Bath.

Perhaps the 2 moved to G when the 76 stopped running, as that went from G.

Bristol_Buses

Just to confirm, Are the YM17F-- Batch of Enviro400s Metrobus's? As what route will they be used on once the new deckers for the A1 arrive? I know a few will be needed for the UWE roue but apart from that they cant really be used on the 40s/70s as they have the double door?

I am aware that the M2 buses are currently in Bath for the U1.

stuart81

According to my records LH/MH have 13 B7RLEs left. I think 2 for the 46, 5 for the 78/79, 2 for the 82 and 3 for the 177/178 so only just enough. May be that's why I've seen a few DDs on the 46 lately.

It's the X46 that is always DD operated and interworks with the X49.

What does the 46 interwork with now as the timetable is for 2 hrs 1 minute on a hourly frequency?

g4mby

What does the 46 interwork with now as the timetable is for 2 hrs 1 minute on a hourly frequency?
It doesn't as far as I know.

Last I heard was that due to Metrobus roadworks and the diversion at Hambrook the journey time was lengthened temporarily. It was previously around 50 mins. If the incoming journey doesn't arrive at MH for the xx35 departure time (previously it was xx45) then another vehicle would be used. The incoming vehicle then acts as a spare for the next departure. I certainly saw this happening last autumn. (Ah, it looks like the timetable has changed again - but I'm sure you get what I mean.)

May be spw24 can confirm if this is still the case or if another solution has been found. :smile:

Luk3y

36819 is on the 3 in shirehampton at the moment, nicest bus that has ever been on that route!!!

Blackpudding

Hi,
Ex Weymouth 32045 was on Taunton Depot today parked in corner of the yard.
No idea why it's here so rather surprised to see it.
Cheers, Mike R

There for a Class 5 MOT I believe Mike R so its stay should be short. I've no idea where it is heading next though.

spw24

It doesn't as far as I know.

Last I heard was that due to Metrobus roadworks and the diversion at Hambrook the journey time was lengthened temporarily. It was previously around 50 mins. If the incoming journey doesn't arrive at MH for the xx35 departure time (previously it was xx45) then another vehicle would be used. The incoming vehicle then acts as a spare for the next departure. I certainly saw this happening last autumn. (Ah, it looks like the timetable has changed again - but I'm sure you get what I mean.)

May be spw24 can confirm if this is still the case or if another solution has been found. :smile:

3 buses are used on the 46 they all park up for about an hour at different times of the day this is since the cross over at Hambrook was closed because of the bridge repairs so all outbound buses go up to the M32 round about and swing around to cross the ring road.

spw24

32339 is the 10th bus for Weston and also saw 47560 now back at Weston on an X2 this afternoon.