• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First West of England (Bristol, Bath & The West)

spw24

the 46 on a sunday was a stand alone service the 47 and 78 used to inter work but not anymore.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

-Colly405-

• T1: Scanias
  • T2: B7RLEs or Geminis

re the T2, I have only ever seen Geminis or Scanias on it!
re the T1, don't forget that the night short workings and some of the early morning shorts are positioning for the T2, so will have T2 vehicles on them.

I do quite miss the days when the afternoon 82s turned up with virtually anything on them, ias long as it was branded (but not for the 82)!

-Colly405-

Another question what are peoples views on Bristol City Centre, now most of the works are complete? I think it is okay other than the C9 bus stop.

Must admit that I like C9 - ideal mass interchange...

C14 (the T1 and 626) is odd; the flag is on the pole at the front of the yellow box (where you would expect), but the timetable case is on a differnet pole about 100 yards up the road.
And quite why the 626 was parked there on the *right* hand side of the road with its door open tonight, I have no idea. Is that even legal?

carlberry

Established Member
Must admit that I like C9 - ideal mass interchange...

C14 (the T1 and 626) is odd; the flag is on the pole at the front of the yellow box (where you would expect), but the timetable case is on a differnet pole about 100 yards up the road.
And quite why the 626 was parked there on the *right* hand side of the road with its door open tonight, I have no idea. Is that even legal?
The driver got ticketed for parking on the bus stop a few weeks ago so now parks on the Colston Hall side then moves across at the last minute.

D2007wsm

Established Member
re the T2, I have only ever seen Geminis or Scanias on it!
re the T1, don't forget that the night short workings and some of the early morning shorts are positioning for the T2, so will have T2 vehicles on them.

I do quite miss the days when the afternoon 82s turned up with virtually anything on them, ias long as it was branded (but not for the 82)!
There was a Scania on a T2 today, think it was the 10:15 from Bristol. You do see the B7RLEs on them, but I think due to the lack of them at Lawrence Hill atm, most of the time a Gemini is used. This should change in due course.

Marcus Fryer

There was a Scania on a T2 today, think it was the 10:15 from Bristol. You do see the B7RLEs on them, but I think due to the lack of them at Lawrence Hill atm, most of the time a Gemini is used. This should change in due course.
I caught the 15:41 T2 from Thornbury which was 36818; we passed 36822 going to Thornbury in Patchway.

freetoview33

Established Member
Shouldn't be too long before we start hearing about the September timetable changes!

What we know so far:

76 is being extended to Henbury Station Road from Crow Lane.
The M3 timetable will be changed likely to include U.W.E shorts??
48A, 70, 71 will go back to term time frequencies.

Class 33

Established Member
Shouldn't be too long before we start hearing about the September timetable changes!

What we know so far:

76 is being extended to Henbury Station Road from Crow Lane.
The M3 timetable will be changed likely to include U.W.E shorts??
48A, 70, 71 will go back to term time frequencies.

I was going to post pretty much the same thing today. Only about 2 or 3 weeks now till we start getting news of the September changes.

76 being extended slightly to Tormarton Crescent, and the frequency increases on the 48A, 70 & 71 are inevitable. But what other changes might there be? Maybe the 49A to/from Staple Hill is only temporary during the summer to accommodate the frequency reduction on the 48A? But apart from that, I don't know. As allways though, I hope there are some really interesting major changes coming up!

D2007wsm

Established Member
Some unusual sightings in Weston today, dunno if it is to do with the Air Show. Seen a green Metrobus Scania heading out of Weston along the dual carriageway and there is a purple fronted Bristol 3/4 branded ALX400 parked in the depot.

There is also a plain white Mercedes minibus parked in the depot, with no marking at all apart from the yellow children on board stickers.

matt_splat

Some unusual sightings in Weston today, dunno if it is to do with the Air Show. Seen a green Metrobus Scania heading out of Weston along the dual carriageway and there is a purple fronted Bristol 3/4 branded ALX400 parked in the depot.

There is also a plain white Mercedes minibus parked in the depot, with no marking at all apart from the yellow children on board stickers.

the metrobus decker left bristol around 10:30 ish a weston driver was at the wheel i guess it was acting as a dupe for the x1 or 2

the 3/4 branded decker was on the X7 this afternoon

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th

It is usually the case during the air show that a few deckers get reappropriated!!

Wonder if the Merc is the one used by BoS on the former Crosville schools working?

D2007wsm

Established Member
I can understand the ALX400 being used for that, but a Metrobus I would've thought that was a no no
It is usually the case during the air show that a few deckers get reappropriated!!

Wonder if the Merc is the one used by BoS on the former Crosville schools working?

D2007wsm

Established Member
I dought Joe Public would have realised that was what the vehicle was for based on the colour and the 'M's on the seats.

That is the whole problem with route branding, makes it difficult to find an unbranded vehicle for events like this.
True though whilst unbranded externally, had mb seating and livery. Enough of an issue to try and not put them on the X39.

It is a surprising working but a green bus is better than no bus, I guess!

Luk3y

Went past the paint shop in avonmouth earlier and parked outside is a b9 Gemini in mendip explorer livery (without vinals). Unable to catch reg or number.

swifty

Established Member
Went past the paint shop in avonmouth earlier and parked outside is a b9 Gemini in mendip explorer livery (without vinals). Unable to catch reg or number.

It’s 37772 I believe. 37771 is at Bath and out on the X39 today.

47550 has also expired at the bottom of Brislington Hill already!

D2007wsm

Established Member
Over the last few days the B7RLEs have sadly been expiring frequently all over the place.
It’s 37772 I believe. 37771 is at Bath and out on the X39 today.

47550 has also expired at the bottom of Brislington Hill already!

Dai Corner

Established Member
I don't know if this is of interest but 33925 (with route 2 branding) was on rail replacement duties at Cardiff Central today. Lots of Uni branded vehicles there and at Newport too. Sorry, no numbers for these as that's not my 'thing' .

Great_Western

I don't know if this is of interest but 33925 (with route 2 branding) was on rail replacement duties at Cardiff Central today. Lots of Uni branded vehicles there and at Newport too. Sorry, no numbers for these as that's not my 'thing' .

Had a look when I passed through this morning to see what was there. Bristol Unibus 33445 & 33498 were at Newport, and Bath Unibus 33945 & 33948 were at Cardiff on Ebbw Vale runs. Unfortunately the Deckerbus Leyland Olympian wasn't in sight today.

I must say though, I really do like the Bristol Unibus livery, very classy.

goldisgood

Even classier on the inside. Imho, interiors are better than metrobus and the latest Stagecoach Gold (both Wales 120/130/132 and Wilts 55) and they’re pretty decent!
Agreed - the First Bristol interiors are right at the top, but imo the Pratico seats aren't as great for longer journeys (comparing Stagecoach's Gold and Standard '66 reg). Better than a lot of the seats at the moment though *cough* train seats *cough*.