• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First West of England (Bristol, Bath & The West)

Wessexbuses

I can't confirm at the moment whether 32007 is on U2. However in previous years the purple uni B7s have spent the summer at Weston and returned in time for the Uni start of term.32014 was also reported back in Bath yesterday on U2. I'm quite surprised the other Purplie in Weston 32003 hasn't also returned. It is reported on Bustimes as still in Weston. The other one 32015 has been off the road in Bath for ages but hopefully is being repaired. The PVR for U2 has increased from one last week, now it's seven.
thank you

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

D2007wsm

Established Member
Ran up Whiteladies Road this evening, no destination displayed.
Unless it has been brought in as a ‘Q Buster’, but it is unusual for it to be a single in which case. These are usually deckers. It still carries all of its ‘Potteries’ branding with a Magenta or as First like to call it ‘Rubine Red’ front.

It was reminiscent of 67600 parked in the Bus Station. I wonder what whichever ever depot is using this likes it? Weston Drivers didn’t like 67600 when they had it.

richw

Veteran Member
There’s a photo of two of them E300 things in Bath depot today on first bus enthusiasts Facebook page.
One in Barbie, one in the magenta front and potteries fleet name s

Edit to add fleet numbers 67633 and 67604 found pic again.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
Unless it has been brought in as a ‘Q Buster’, but it is unusual for it to be a single in which case. These are usually deckers. It still carries all of its ‘Potteries’ branding with a Magenta or as First like to call it ‘Rubine Red’ front.

It was reminiscent of 67600 parked in the Bus Station. I wonder what whichever ever depot is using this likes it? Weston Drivers didn’t like 67600 when they had it.
The issue with it (and it’s been a problem elsewhere - hence it was in store before appearing at Weston) is that it’s a 12.7m vehicle so it’s a bit of a supertanker.

The other e300s are shorter thankfully!

D2007wsm

Established Member
The issue with it (and it’s been a problem elsewhere - hence it was in store before appearing at Weston) is that it’s a 12.7m vehicle so it’s a bit of a supertanker.

The other e300s are shorter thankfully!
It used to live on the 7 in Weston, making an occasional visit to Bristol on an X1 or W1.

Apparently it did used to shift so if it wasn’t for capacity reasons, it would be good for the X1x to maintain the speed on the M5.

D2007wsm

Established Member
What singles from Manchester I haven't seen anything
Nor me other than the First Potteries E300. Surely if they were in need of singles, they could’ve retained some of the Streetlites which have been exported.

Whiteway215

Established Member
Pity about 30871. It seemed a reliable bus in daily use with its mate 30877 and normally on long distance 19/19A. Given its age I assume it will go for scrap. Has anyone seen how bad the damage is?
I've seen a pic of 30871's damaged roof. The roof is ripped back a distance of two and a half bays. 30875 is also in Weston Island death corner robbed for parts. Given their age and condition I imagine they have only be a one way trip coming up.

CD

What singles from Manchester I haven't seen anything
Think there was a misunderstanding regarding which vehicles James Freeman was talking about, as well as where they had come from.
I understand that the ex Glasgow Geminis which recently arrived at Hengrove have not been in service since Monday.

swifty

Established Member
Nor me other than the First Potteries E300. Surely if they were in need of singles, they could’ve retained some of the Streetlites which have been exported.

It’s awful gutter press and was probably prompted by a post on faceache.

The article has been changed since it was first published this morning. I now read it as first have transferred fleet from Manchester (god forbid!) that are the same type and standard as the existing fleet. Although they maybe a little careworn!

The separate issue is that single deckers are being used on routes such as the 90 mentioned in the article. If Bustimes is to be believed there was a 630xx Streetlite on an evening peak run on the 23rd as mentioned in the article.

Has the work experience student put 2+2 and come up with 6?

carlberry

Established Member
Think there was a misunderstanding regarding which vehicles James Freeman was talking about, as well as where they had come from.
I understand that the ex Glasgow Geminis which recently arrived at Hengrove have not been in service since Monday.
The 24 was flooded with them today!

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
They have. 10 into Bath a few weeks ago.

Yep, that and a couple of more mature B7TLs (30936/45).

Still, all things being equal, we might see some new fleet arrive in the new year.... assuming that there's no delay with that happening? Been a while - last new fleet were the Bath Solos and before that.... the Airport deckers?

Robertj21a

On Moderation
Yep, that and a couple of more mature B7TLs (30936/45).

Still, all things being equal, we might see some new fleet arrive in the new year.... assuming that there's no delay with that happening? Been a while - last new fleet were the Bath Solos and before that.... the Airport deckers?

Presumably any new bus orders with Wrightbus are now dead unless the administrators can find a buyer for the business. This may well also delay any previously planned vehicle cascades across all of First Bus.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
I'm surprised this one didn't return to Bath with 32007/14
d2007 will have the inside line. Obviously, they lost the X5 and some e400s and the Eclipses. They've gained a couple of B7TLs and now lost some purple ones but (***cue Bustimes accuracy alert klaxon***) perhaps there's a few VORs so 32003 has to hang on (or perhaps that was the plan anyway?)

Private Baxter

Established Member
"According to one passenger" being the key phrase in that article. Typical of the BP to make news story of one person's biased account of their journey, though clearly not accurate. They even throw in last year's (unrelated) Bath uni woes just for good measure. That said a few of the former Bath B7RLEs have been on the 91/92 a handful of times this past week, but that's all I can really think of.