• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First West of England (Bristol, Bath & The West)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Whiteway215

Established Member
I seen one on a 3 earlier this morning. The loaned vehicles will be in Weston until services are enhanced. They have been brought out because of social distancing, the Streetlites can only carry 10 passengers, whereas a decker can carry 20.
How many would a 5385x Solo be allowed to carry?

freetoview33

Established Member
Joking aside there might be routes like the Bristol 3/4 that might need a frequency increase to cope with distancing measures. There is no way a half hour frequency will be enough off peak to cope. Hourly at the moment is finding it hard to cope!

lx12ddo

Not too keen on the gold strip above the headlights. Is that on all the Mendip Enviro400s?
I like it! :D Think the whole livery is pretty smart.

Are 37771 and 772 staying at Wells or is there speculation (or confirmation) that they'll be on their way out?

Marcus Fryer

If the bus tracker is to be believed, as from yesterday afternoon 39439 has returned to LH and been replaced at HE by 39468. Also, 39418 hasn't been tracked since May 18. Have any observations confirming this been made?

Last edited:

CD

If the bus tracker is to be believed, as from yesterday afternoon 39439 has returned to LH and been replaced at HE by 39468. Also, 39418 hasn't been tracked since May 18. Have any observations confirming this been made?
Streetdeck 35115 shown as being on 172/174 all day today. Bet the Wells drivers couldn`t believe their luck :D .

matt_splat

Streetdeck 35115 shown as being on 172/174 all day today. Bet the Wells drivers couldn`t believe their luck :D .

I believe a forum member is to blame for this coming to visit wells he had his original bus die on him

BBC

From this Monday most services in Bristol will be back up to around 80% of their normal mon-fri timetable. Should expect a announcement soon.

Tommy Walters

I just spotted both of those myself. Seems the D1X is a peak time support service, running non-stop from Bath-Bradford on Avon!

The X5 threw me massively. Anyone know about that?

Also, the 39 is still listed as X39, not 39X as was rumoured. Perhaps sensibly, First have had a change of heart!

To my surprise, still no service on Bristol 9, 35, 37, 71 & Bath 9.

The m3 is also cut completely, with all services running as m3xs. The m1 is back to near normal meanwhile, which suggests BCT will take it back. Good to see the m2 resume also.

matt_splat

The D1X is to be double decker operated running via Sally In The Woods to Bath single deckers will run the D1

also of intrest the 177 gains some extra trips

It's amazing what happens when extra substady comes available.....

the X5 seems to be just a short term thing interesting when a operator i believe had shown interest to North Somerset Council to tender for it........ so i wonder what might be in the pipeline