• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First South West (Kernow & Buses of Somerset)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

83G/84D

Established Member
It’s tracking as an incorrect number (or was last week)

That is what I thought however when I saw it leave St Erth west bound earlier I checked and it did not appear. I thought it was something to do with the ticket machine, so if it has one fitted and working why is it not tracking?

richw

Veteran Member
That is what I thought however when I saw it leave St Erth west bound earlier I checked and it did not appear. I thought it was something to do with the ticket machine, so if it has one fitted and working why is it not tracking?
If the ticket machine isn’t connecting to the mobile network it won’t track neither. Either lost GPS, or lost mobile connectivity it won’t show.

Andyh82

Established Member
Wouldn't you think that with an attractive fare offer (i.e. neither extortionate nor a giveaway) FK could get some of that for themselves between St Erth and St Ives? Not everyone 'has' to have that sea view (and, in any case, how can you enjoy it when you're packed in?) The attraction of an open top bus on a day like this one would make up for the lack of proximity to sea water for many. The common First ownership certainly seems to point to lack of meaningful competition in this particular case.
That sounds like a good idea to me

They could run it in between A17s every 30 minutes possibly with just one bus

The view from an open top bus coming down into St Ives will be better than sitting on the left side of a class 150 with passengers stood all down the aisle

Also if we are thinking of new ideas for open top buses, a circular route around Newquay would be a good idea

83G/84D

Established Member
If the ticket machine isn’t connecting to the mobile network it won’t track neither. Either lost GPS, or lost mobile connectivity it won’t show.

It could be the case then as it's gone back to St Ives & still not tracking.

richw

Veteran Member
Also if we are thinking of new ideas for open top buses, a circular route around Newquay would be a good idea
Or Newquay to perranporth via crantock and Holywell I suspect might be a good one. Holiday makers love an open top, and there is so many holiday parks in that vicinity

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
That sounds like a good idea to me

They could run it in between A17s every 30 minutes possibly with just one bus

The view from an open top bus coming down into St Ives will be better than sitting on the left side of a class 150 with passengers stood all down the aisle

There was an explosion of Newquay open toppers in the mid noughties with WG, Summercourt and First all operating. First's route was, I think, from Watergate Bay to Pentire via the Zoo. One to reintroduce perhaps running via what was Trevelgue (called something else now) and Porth?

Lizard1324

First kernows purple and pink bendy citaro was seen leaving the helston depot and was heading for helston ring road (towards falmouth) maybe returning to eden

henairs

Your lucky you have some tracking available. Up here in BOS land no tracking exists although a trial was undertaken prior to lockdown. So we hope one day, maybe we may join the rest of the kingdom.
WOE is nearest tracking point we have up at Street.
Cheers, Mike R

KendalKing

Established Member
Or Newquay to perranporth via crantock and Holywell I suspect might be a good one. Holiday makers love an open top, and there is so many holiday parks in that vicinity
Years ago the Newquay to St Columb Minor / Major use to be operated Open-Top Bristol VRT's

Lizard1324

Marc said on twitter on the image on the newly painted bus that they are waiting to collect a coach and they are to collect an open top e400 from Essex which means that it might see service in a few weeks.
He also said something about having 12 new cornwall college contracts and the next 12 (think he means liveries) are for those contracts

83G/84D

Established Member
Marc said on twitter on the image on the newly painted bus that they are waiting to collect a coach and they are to collect an open top e400 from Essex which means that it might see service in a few weeks.
He also said something about having 12 new cornwall college contracts and the next 12 (think he means liveries) are for those contracts

The coach could be 20325 in South Wales or one of the Neoplan Starliners that was reported on the "behind the scenes" facebook page as due from Arriva Bus and Coach. The E400 is probably the first conversion that was shown on the same site a week or two ago.

Two Mousehole solo's in Camborne early this morning.

Goldfish62

Established Member
Two Mousehole solo's in Camborne early this morning.
I wonder what's on the M6 instead. There's nothing tracking on Bustimes.

Talking of tracking I've noticed that nothing has been showing up for FSW on the First app for about a week now, not even scheduled times, yet it's working for other operating companies.

83G/84D

Established Member

Talking of tracking I've noticed that nothing has been showing up for FSW on the First app for about a week now, not even scheduled times, yet it's working for other operating companies.

The remaining mousehole liveried one and a green one (53505) were tracking when I checked this morning on bustimes.
There’s a coach at a paint shop in Hampshire

It could be that one then. Do you know which one it is?

Goldfish62

Established Member
The remaining mousehole liveried one and a green one (53505) were tracking when I checked this morning on bustimes.
Thanks. I think that'll be the first time since March there's been a non pink one to Mousehole. They've had an uncharacteristic run of reliability.

MB162435

Established Member

I've noticed that, thought it was just my phone until my Gran asked me what's wrong with the app

Certainly handy having a First app only showing TfC services

richw

Veteran Member
That will cost alot, but maybe they could get one from a scrap dealer that got the old plaxton that just got scraped

those were Cummins engined tridents. The open tops are Volvos.

SN55HFE visible at Stuart’s Volvo truck and bus at Victoria.

Busaholic

Veteran Member

It could be that one then. Do you know which one it is?
At the exact time you were posting I spotted a green Solo on the M6 beginning its ascent of Market Jew Street: I hadn't realised they'd become rare on that route.