• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First South Yorkshire Out Of Area Disabled ENCTS Passes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Statto

Established Member
I have a Merseytravel issued disabled ENCTS pass, i had a day out in Sheffield, boarded a First SY bus, my pass didn't work on the ticket machine no problem, so showed the driver my pass only to be told by the driver they do not accept out of area disabled ENCTS passes, & that i have to get it replaced by a SYPTE issued ENCTS pass, however i don't live in the SYPTE area.

I had no problem using my pass on other First SY buses, & was on on Stagecoach & TM Travel services, i have sent a complaint in EMail to First in.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Harpers Tate

Established Member
If it is an ENCTS pass then the pertinent part of this acronym is the N - which stands for "National". I trust you messaged First with details of the route and time (and, ideally, bus number) because, without these details, they will struggle to identify who needs a little training refresher.

Last edited:

PeterC

Established Member
There were a fair number of stories of out of area passes not being accepted when ENCTS was first introduced but this is the first that I have heard for a long while.

The only time that I have known problems was when a driver from outside the county wasn't aware of local concessions and refused to accept passes at 9:25 when the local scheme started at 9:00

Statto

Established Member
If it is an ENCTS pass then the pertinent part of this acronym is the N - which stands for "National". I trust you messaged First with details of the route and time (and, ideally, bus number) because, without these details, they will struggle to identify who needs a little training refresher.

I did send First details of the route, where i boarded & time which was 3pm, the driver told me that his bosses told him not to except out of area ENCTS passes.

Last edited:

Ginga

We had loads of issues with Nottingham issued passes not working on Leicester buses (First and Arriva). Council staff told people to buy a day ticket, then take it to the office in Broadmarsh bus station to get a refund.

Metroman62

My wife's West Yorkshire pass never works on Arriva buses in south Bucks, but is fine on other bus operators' vehicles in the same area. Driver usually just waves her on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.