• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Trenitalia (Avanti!) WCML branding, naming and livery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

The Prisoner

Press confirmation that it is Avanti West Coast. Sorry I can't do quotes - cue message from mods!

https://www.thenational.scot/news/18064480.virgin-trains-replaced-avanti-west-coast/

"AVANTI West Coast has been unveiled as the name of the operator replacing Virgin Trains.

Aberdeen-based transport company FirstGroup and Italian firm Trenitalia announced the brand name for their partnership which will run services on the west coast route from December 8.

Their trains and station signs will display an orange triangle logo symbolising the 400-mile train network which links London with towns and cities across Scotland, England and North Wales.

Avanti West Coast is pledging to deliver a range of passenger enhancements, including 263 more weekly services by 2022.

The existing 56 Pendolino trains will be completely refurbished with 25,000 new seats, more reliable wifi and improved catering.

“We are thrilled that the name Avanti has been chosen to represent these values to our customers and pays tribute to our expertise in transforming Italian railways.”

The Prisoner

image.jpg

image.jpg

From https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/...-and-blackpool-to-be-called-avanti-1-10124885

urbophile

Established Member
Avanti popolo! Ma con la bandiera aranciata, non rossa! [Forward people, but with the orange banner, not the red one.]

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
I'm liking the new livery...

Love the front end, the colour scheme, the retention of the window band and the brand generally. Not that it was much of a surprise!

Not sure about the coach liveries, they seem a bit "busy" like the LNR "Trebor Mints" livery. Will need to see one side-on to decide.

Interesting that a few have seemingly broken the embargo - was it really 1730 not 7:30 perhaps, or have some read it wrong? :D

The Blackpool Gazette article also confirms that the triangle is a stylised line layout like some of us thought.

ashkeba

Established Member
So it is a "breakdown warning triangle" livery! Another own-goal from First's branding department.

LNW-GW Joint

Veteran Member
That poor, rather furtive picture of a Virgin 390 in the National link keeps being trotted out bv the press.
For a long time the press pictures were of the trains in their testing phase on the Old Dalby test track, including some without wires!

Grumpy Git

On Moderation
The triangle on the artists impression is pointing backwards, maybe "indietro" would have been better than avanti? ;)

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Not keen on the dark colour (is it blue or green?).

It appears to be a bluish dark grey, same as my kitchen units and fireplace. Interestingly, my kitchen walls are that orange (which is similar to but a bit darker than easyJet orange). So clearly I'm going to like it :D

Thinking on...that's also the original North Western Trains orange, isn't it? Though they paired it with a brighter blue.

Energy

Established Member
My only complaint is that the logo at the front of the pendolino should be changed to just be the orange triangle, the text makes it look a bit strange. Maybe you could make a shield in the shape of the Avanti triangle?

Also change the yellow to be shaped like it was on the pendolino original livery and extend the greeny colour to where yellow used to be.

Energy

Established Member
Also right now there are 36 users and 56 guests on this page, that's a high number!

LNW-GW Joint

Veteran Member
Status
Not open for further replies.