• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Trenitalia (Avanti!) WCML branding, naming and livery

Status
Not open for further replies.

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
While I’m not a fan of the livery without window bands, I think the Class 390 Pendolinos look very smart in all over white and grey doors with the window bands, it’s simple but smart.

Does anyone know - will First Trenitalia keep them in this white with grey doors and just do what Virgin have done by putting their brand at the ends of the train? Because I think that would look very smart - indeed the Virgin Trains repainted ones (with bands) do look very nice in this simple and effective white. Or will the Pendolinos receive yet another complete repaint.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

pdeaves

Established Member
Does anyone know - will First Trenitalia keep them in this white with grey doors and just do what Virgin have done by putting their brand at the ends of the train? Because I think that would look very smart - indeed the Virgin Trains repainted ones (with bands) do look very nice in this simple and effective white. Or will the Pendolinos receive yet another complete repaint.
First Trenitalia doesn't know yet. They are still developing their brand, which will have repercussions on livery, leaflets, uniforms, etc.

sd0733

Established Member
Whatever the brand they almost certainly wont receive a full repaint, the white being a base for any vinyl designs to be put over the top of.

edwin_m

Veteran Member
I believe the whole point of removing the VT red and silver was to create a neutral livery that the next operator could add their branding to. I think EMT was the last franchise to be liveried in the owning group's house colours.

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
Ah so the Pendolinos will remain, mainly, white then. That’s good to hear. If anyone hears any news about the WC brand or livery please do say here

whhistle

On Moderation
And if Abellio are anything to go by, we won't see anything branding until a couple of weeks before the franchise starts.

cactustwirly

Established Member
I believe the whole point of removing the VT red and silver was to create a neutral livery that the next operator could add their branding to. I think EMT was the last franchise to be liveried in the owning group's house colours.

Greater Anglia use Abellios corporate colours

rebmcr

Established Member
I wouldn't be surprised to see the DfT continue their transferable-brand rollout.

"London, Midland, and Scottish Railway" perhaps?

JaJaWa

Established Member
I wouldn't be surprised to see the DfT continue their transferable-brand rollout.

"London, Midland, and Scottish Railway" perhaps?
I'd bet on West Coast Railway... if there wasn't another company with a very similar name.

LM93

LMS with Crimson Lake.

I hope they refit the lights so they can take the yellow fronts off and play around with it.

edwin_m

Veteran Member
Nope. Base East Coast livery was grey or silver. VTEC was a whole vehicle vinyl covering.
But VTEC is no more. LNER will presumably continue under the same identity when it is re-franchised (assuming franchises still exist in something like their current form). My point was about the extinction of franchise identities that are inseparable from that of the holding company.

Master29

Established Member
Whatever the brand they almost certainly wont receive a full repaint, the white being a base for any vinyl designs to be put over the top of.
Looks like someone didn`t inform First group about GWR`s dark green then.;)

Envoy

Established Member
Well, I just hope that First don't use that dark gunky green that they have on the GWR. The ones covered in vinyl look even worse than those that have proper paint. A pity that they didn’t/t sound out potential liveries on Rail Forums! The LNER livery looks much smarter as does Trans Pennine Express.

Master29

Established Member
No Italian flair? ;)
Quite, considering what VTEC and LNER did with the Japanese for "east". Another spectacular first fail...….Italian for `North West`.`Il nordovest`. See what they missed out on. Renaming Pendolines Nordovests? Alright, maybe not. The joys of google translate.

hexagon789

Veteran Member
Quite, considering what VTEC and LNER did with the Japanese for "east". Another spectacular first fail...….Italian for `North West`.`Il nordovest`. See what they missed out on. Renaming Pendolines Nordovests? Alright, maybe not. The joys of google translate.

Nordovests? Sounds like thermal underwear! :lol:

59CosG95

Established Member
"Pendolino" is Italian anyway...
With that logic, CrossCountry may as well have been called "Arriva Langlaufzüge".

Status
Not open for further replies.