• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First West of England (Bristol, Bath & The West)

martyjon

While in Bath this pm I was in the Chinese Cafe near the buses entrance to the bus station when a single decker ran into the bus station which had been repainted into the 3 shades of blue like the ex Metrobus vehicles have been, wondering if all Bath depot vehicles will be liveried in such manner.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Buses in Bath

While in Bath this pm I was in the Chinese Cafe near the buses entrance to the bus station when a single decker ran into the bus station which had been repainted into the 3 shades of blue like the ex Metrobus vehicles have been, wondering if all Bath depot vehicles will be liveried in such manner.
What type of bus was it and on what route

martyjon

A big one like the discovery routes vehicles, wasn't an optare solo and was parked on the back wall when I left but couldn't get details as I was getting a train.

Buses in Bath

Yes, first time I've seen one of those big boys in that blue livery on a visit to Bath.
Fair enough. They have been painted like that for a few years now but are soon to be replaced with newer buses. The new buses will also be painted blue though because they are in a separate livery and so need to be repainted anyway.

Mal

Does anyone know if South West Coaches are still using fleetnumbers and if so, can someone tell me where I can find an up to date fleetlist please?

Whiteway215

Established Member
Does anyone know if South West Coaches are still using fleetnumbers and if so, can someone tell me where I can find an up to date fleetlist please?
There is a website called Quack77 which has a fleetlist for SWC. It is shown as incomplete and updated at end of December but it might be a starting point.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
So..... with all these changes, there's a lot of cascades still to do and no small amount of paint to be spread about.

Assume that the ex Bolton e400s will receive Mendip Explorer blue and gold, and that the Eclipses from Wells will receive Bath Blue livery. What then.....?
  • The 126 is destined to be a new brand - will it be something yellow and Cheddar related? Seems only a short while since the 178 became ME and now it is a standard route whilst the 126 will lose ME branding.
  • More vehicles repainted into the SGL livery?
  • Compliant deckers for the Bath U5/U6 to be painted blue?
I'm assuming that the B9TLs to be ousted from the X39 will retain Urban for the time being (but may gain 24 vinyls). I'd like to see some of the Bath B9s gain Bath Blue as well but again there's more than enough to be going on with.

Colourful days!!

Buses in Bath

I have to say that I'm quite excited that the U6 will be extended ton Bath Bus Station. Lots more possible connections now. Means the U5 will be less busy and it means drivers will be able to get a bus direct to the depot instead of getting the 5 and walking. Also means the 5 will probably be slightly less busy. Interesting times

peterblue

So..... with all these changes, there's a lot of cascades still to do and no small amount of paint to be spread about.

Assume that the ex Bolton e400s will receive Mendip Explorer blue and gold, and that the Eclipses from Wells will receive Bath Blue livery. What then.....?
  • The 126 is destined to be a new brand - will it be something yellow and Cheddar related? Seems only a short while since the 178 became ME and now it is a standard route whilst the 126 will lose ME branding.
  • More vehicles repainted into the SGL livery?
  • Compliant deckers for the Bath U5/U6 to be painted blue?
I'm assuming that the B9TLs to be ousted from the X39 will retain Urban for the time being (but may gain 24 vinyls). I'd like to see some of the Bath B9s gain Bath Blue as well but again there's more than enough to be going on with.

Colourful days!!

Do you have a link / source for this? Tried the First website but to no avail.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Do you have a link / source for this? Tried the First website but to no avail.

Not certain what "this" you want?

The X39 rebrand is reported on here and Steve White's site with a number of repainted but as yet unvinyled vehicles, and the 126 rebrand was mentioned earlier on this thread by @D2007wsm and his info is usually kosher.

Buses in Bath

Also I popped into Bath Bus Station yesturday and had a chat to the platform manager who said that the X39 or 39X was going to be branded as aquae. You cant find this information out yet because it's not fully public but the changes have to be out at least 28 days in advance of changes so would i be correct in saying that's this Sunday.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Also I popped into Bath Bus Station yesturday and had a chat to the platform manager who said that the X39 or 39X was going to be branded as aquae. You cant find this information out yet because it's not fully public but the changes have to be out at least 28 days in advance of changes so would i be correct in saying that's this Sunday.

Not certain that's quite right.

The changes to the service number (and any timings etc) have already gone through to the DVSA and need to be done 42 days in advance; the 39X registration submission has been mentioned earlier up this thread. The rebrand/publicity can be done at any time.

Buses in Bath

Not certain that's quite right.

The changes to the service number (and any timings etc) have already gone through to the DVSA and need to be done 42 days in advance; the 39X registration submission has been mentioned earlier up this thread. The rebrand/publicity can be done at any time.
I read somewhere that the bus company has to publish their changes 28 days before they happen. They have to register the changes 42 days beforehand though

carlberry

Established Member
I read somewhere that the bus company has to publish their changes 28 days before they happen. They have to register the changes 42 days beforehand though
They have to tell local authorities 28 days before they tell DVSA (this can be varied if the local authority agree). There is no legal requirement to inform passengers at all. Most companies don't start promoting things like this (basically rebranding a service that's not fundamentally changing much) until the last week or two as it just confuses people otherwise.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member

They have to tell local authorities 28 days before they tell DVSA (this can be varied if the local authority agree). There is no legal requirement to inform passengers at all. Most companies don't start promoting things like this (basically rebranding a service that's not fundamentally changing much) until the last week or two as it just confuses people otherwise.

Cheers @carlberry - just a question of terminology. And you're right, companies do usually do it a little in advance but we all can recall examples where it's been poorly done.

D2007wsm

Established Member
Not certain what "this" you want?

The X39 rebrand is reported on here and Steve White's site with a number of repainted but as yet unvinyled vehicles, and the 126 rebrand was mentioned earlier on this thread by @D2007wsm and his info is usually kosher.
The 126 rebrand is happening and it is not yellow.

In other news, the ex X39 B9s are being retrimmed and painted pale green with Citylines branding and B9s are being repainted purple with Citylines branding for the 3/4.

Tommy Walters

The 126 rebrand is happening and it is not yellow.

In other news, the ex X39 B9s are being retrimmed and painted pale green with Citylines branding and B9s are being repainted purple with Citylines branding for the 3/4.

Pale Green most certainly confirms they're for the 24! Are the 3/4 B9s presumably 57-plate ones?