• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First West of England (Bristol, Bath & The West)

martyjon

I am concerned that the TT's for the T1/Y1 shows these services operating later in the evenings than before lockdown at the expense of T2/Y2 thus depriving people who would require a service T2 to Thornbury from the A38 Gloucester Road or Y2 to Yate from the A432 Fishponds Road / Downend Road / Badminton Road to Yate Area having to journey into Central Bristol to get a service out to the mentioned conurbations.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

carlberry

Established Member
What I don't get about the 93x is that surely the staffing levels for Hengrove routes are the same on Saturdays and Sundays, as the timetables are the same on both days? Yet the 93x doesn't run on Sundays. Is it that it runs "privately" on Sundays instead? And if so, why would they do that? Genuine questions from someone not in the industry...
As you say it's quite likely that it runs anyway but unregistered. It's equally possible that Sunday crew reliefs are arranged differently so that all drivers go via service buses or the whole rota works from Hengrove. There was a time (before Sunday trading was legal) when the whole of the Sunday service in Bristol ran from Lawrence Hill for example. One of the staff members who are on the group should be able to give the actual answer.

It's also weird that, currently, the Saturday and Sunday timetables are mostly the same. With shops and leisure now opening I'd have expected things to start returning on Saturdays however, perhaps, the levels may never return which was something that has been happening in places like Somerset where service levels on Satudays have been decimated over recent years.

carlberry

Established Member
I am concerned that the TT's for the T1/Y1 shows these services operating later in the evenings than before lockdown at the expense of T2/Y2 thus depriving people who would require a service T2 to Thornbury from the A38 Gloucester Road or Y2 to Yate from the A432 Fishponds Road / Downend Road / Badminton Road to Yate Area having to journey into Central Bristol to get a service out to the mentioned conurbations.
The T1/T2 isn't as much of an issue as people can change in Bradley Stoke, the Y1/Y2 is more difficult. It's logical if you think that the buses are going to get full as it's a way of ensuring that they only take long distance passengers, however a better way would be to always run a few minutes behind a local service or (as used to be the case many years ago) not pick up anybody who wasn't going past the 'city services' boundary.

Tommy Walters

Clearly Wells are getting more and more desperate for vehicles. They're now borrowing 37349 off LH for 376s!

Another interesting spot was the last 178 to Radstock and back yesterday. 39456 worked it!

Tommy Walters

Full list of services operating from 5th July if anyone wants to know (As things stand, a few Bristol services might still change): Took ages to go through but quite a significant increase in services across the area, which I guess is now at all but maximum working.

Bath
1: Weekday increases from every 15 mins to every 7 mins. Weekend increases from every 30 mins to every 10 mins. Moves from Bath Bus Station to Ambury.
2: Weekday increases from every 30 mins to every 15 mins. Weekend remains at every 30 mins and gets later services. Moves from Bath Bus Station onto Dorchester Street.
3: Weekday increases from every 20 mins to every 15 mins. Weekend remains at every 30 mins. Moves from Bath Bus Station onto Dorchester Street.
3A: Reintroduced weekdays every 15 mins. Operates via Dorchester Street.
4: Weekday increases from every 20 mins to every 15 mins. Weekend increases from every 30 mins to every 20 mins. Moves from Bath Bus Station to Broad Quay.
5: Weekday increases from every 15 mins to every 8 mins. With shorts to and from Lower Bristol Road every 8 mins (Every 4 mins combined). Weekend increases from every 20 mins to every 15 mins. Moves from Bath Bus Station to Ambury.
6: Weekday remains at every 30 mins. Moves from Bath Bus Station to Dorchester Street.
6A: Weekend every 30 mins day time, and every 60 mins all week on evenings, with evening weekend services introduced. Moves from Bath Bus Station to Dorchester Street.
7: Weekday remains at every 30 mins. Moves from Bath Bus Station to Dorchester Street.
8: Weekday increases from every 40 mins to every 20 mins. Weekend remains at every 40 mins but gains an evening service. Moves from Dorchester Street to Bath Bus Station.
9: Remains no service.
11: Weekday remains every 60 mins. No Weekend service. Moves from Manvers Street to Dorchester Street.
12: Weekday remains every 60 mins. No Weekend service. Moves from Manvers Street to Dorchester Street.
20: Weekday remains every 120 mins. No Weekend services. Moves from Manvers Street to Dorchester Street.
21: Weekday remains every 15 mins. Weekend increases from every 30 mins to every 15 mins. Operates via Westgate Buildings.
31: Weekday remains every 15 mins. Weekend increases from every 30 mins to every 15 mins. Operates via Milsom Street.
41: Weekday remains every 15 mins. Weekend increases from every 30 mins to every 15 mins. Moves from South Gate to Ambury.
42: Weekday is now a clockface every 30 mins. Additional services at some points in the day. No Weekend Services.
172: Weekday changes from every 60 mins Bath - Wells to every 20 mins Bath - Paulton. With an additional service every 60 mins Bath - Radstock. New Weekend service 2 buses per hour Bath - Paulton. Remains at Bath Bus Station.
173: Weekday remains every 60 mins. No Weekend Services. Remains at Bath Bus Station.
174: Weekday Bath - Wells remains every 60 mins, with additional Wells - Shepton Mallet services every 60 mins. Weekend remains every 60 mins. Remains At Bath Bus Station.
D1: Weekday remains every 60 mins Bath - Warminster, with every 120 mins to Salisbury. Weekend services remain every 60 mins. Remains at Bath Bus Station, looks like it is no longer on the diversion either.
D1X: Weekday increases from every 60 mins at peaks to every 60 mins all day. No Weekend services. Remains at Bath Bus Station.
D2: Weekday increases from every 60 mins to every 30 mins. Weekend services remain every 60 mins, but with earlier and later services. Remains at Bath Bus Station.
U1: Weekdays increases from every 20 mins to every 15 mins. Weekend increases from every 40 mins to every 20 mins. Service remains at Bath Bus Station.
U2: Weekdays remains every 60 mins. No Weekend Service. Shows new timetable which at the moment is identical to the current one.
U3: Remains no service.
U5: Weekday remains every 60 mins. No Weekend service. Moves from Bath Bus Station to St James' Parade.
U6: Remains no service.
R2: Remains no service.

Bath to Wells sees a drop from 3bph to 2bph.

A couple of assumptions/further observations here.

The 5 shorts may well be decker worked, given that they appear to start/finish at Lower Bristol Road/Twerton Bridge.

Can we not be nostalgic and renumber the 174 shorts 175? :D;)

Most D1xs only run as far as Trowbridge, not North Bradley.

Some D2s start running via Rode again!

The U1 starts stupidly early. No one will use the first two departures at 0529 & 0549 from Oldfield Park!

I also reckon some older vehicles will have to be reinstated now. The lack of single decks in particular is an issue, when you factor in reliability troubles!

Last edited:

Buses in Bath

A couple of assumptions/further observations here.

The 5 shorts may well be decker worked, given that they appear to start/finish at Lower Bristol Road/Twerton Bridge.

Most D1xs only run as far as Trowbridge, not North Bradley.

Some D2s start running via Rode again!

The U1 starts stupidly early. No one will use the first two departures at 0529 & 0549 from Oldfield Park!

I also reckon some older vehicles will have to be reinstated now. The lack of single decks in particular is an issue, when you factor in reliability troubles!
I thought too that the number 5 shorts would be deckers because otherwise it would terminate at Twerton High Street. Problem is where will they turn around. The bus depot? Or will they go all the way to the Globe roundabout just to turn around?

Buses in Bath

I tried to work out the new PVR but I'm not sure they're all completely correct (for Bath):
1 - 7
2 - 2
3 - 6
3A/4 - 12
5 - 6
5 shorts - 4
6/7/8/11/12 - 7
18 - 2
19 - 4
20 - 1
21 - 2
31 - 2
X39 - 9/10
41 - 2
42 - 2
172 - 5
D1 - 5
D1x - 2
U1 - 3
U2 - 1
U5 - 1
Total = 90

Whiteway215

Established Member
I thought too that the number 5 shorts would be deckers because otherwise it would terminate at Twerton High Street. Problem is where will they turn around. The bus depot? Or will they go all the way to the Globe roundabout just to turn around?
As long as the decker drivers on the 5 shorts remember they aren’t working the full route! (For example why 39920 became an open topper / tree lopper)

Tommy Walters

I presume in the depot itself. There's probably just enough room to turn at the entrance!

Tommy Walters

I tried to work out the new PVR but I'm not sure they're all completely correct (for Bath):
1 - 7
2 - 2
3 - 6
3A/4 - 12
5 - 6
5 shorts - 4
6/7/8/11/12 - 7
18 - 2
19 - 4
20 - 1
21 - 2
31 - 2
X39 - 9/10
41 - 2
42 - 2
172 - 5
D1 - 5
D1x - 2
U1 - 3
U2 - 1
U5 - 1
Total = 90

I had 11 for the (X)39 & 6-7 for the 172.

Also I believe the 6/7 & 11/12 work with each other, whereas the 8 is self-contained!

Whichever way you look at it, more vehicles need to be resurrected!

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th

Yeah, they certainly could be deckers and terminating in the depot

The 175 wasn't that nostalgic given it was only in existence for a short while. Should really be 161? (waits for @carlberry to hand me my ar5€ by reminding me it's had a gazillion numbers since 1930 :D

However, lack of singles is less likely because of social distancing. I'm wondering if some of the 51/52 plates in store in Bristol might reappear?

Whiteway215

Established Member
However, lack of singles is less likely because of social distancing. I'm wondering if some of the 51/52 plates in store in Bristol might reappear?
[/QUOTE] And some of the Heritage Fleet from Westbury???!!!

Buses in Bath

I had 11 for the (X)39 & 6-7 for the 172.

Also I believe the 6/7 & 11/12 work with each other, whereas the 8 is self-contained!

Whichever way you look at it, more vehicles need to be resurrected!
I think it's only 10 for the X39 after double checking.
For the 172 it is 6. I dont think I counted the bus that does the shorts
For the 6/7/8/11/12 I also think the 8 is on it's own because you cant interwork a 20 minute frequency with a 30 easily but I put them together as it was a bit confusing that the 12 only has 2 minutes until it goes back as the 7 so it's just has very tight timings whilst the 7 changing to the 6 has 10 minutes.

Tommy Walters

I think it's only 10 for the X39 after double checking.
For the 172 it is 6. I dont think I counted the bus that does the shorts
For the 6/7/8/11/12 I also think the 8 is on it's own because you cant interwork a 20 minute frequency with a 30 easily but I put them together as it was a bit confusing that the 12 only has 2 minutes until it goes back as the 7 so it's just has very tight timings whilst the 7 changing to the 6 has 10 minutes.

I think the 11/12 work together on their own with just one bus, a bit like the old 12 route!

Tommy Walters

The 175 wasn't that nostalgic given it was only in existence for a short while. Should really be 161? (waits for @carlberry to hand me my ar5€ by reminding me it's had a gazillion numbers since 1930 :D

You'd be surprised, a lot of routes in Bath need singles. The 1 going to every 7 mins is likely due to the fact that singles will be used. The 5's high frequency likewise!

freetoview33

Established Member
Some more Bristol changes! Full list of services operating from 5th July if anyone wants to know, Took ages to go through but quite a significant increase in services across the area, which I guess is now at all but maximum working.

Bristol
1: Weekday increases from every 15 mins to every 12 mins. Weekend increases from every 30 mins to every 20 mins.
2: Weekday increases from every 15 mins to every 12 mins. Weekend increases from every 30 mins to every 20 mins.
3: Weekday remains every 30 mins. Weekend increases from every 60 mins to every 30 mins.
4: Weekday remains every 15 mins from Broadmead - Henbury with every other bus continuing to Cribbs Causeway. Weekend remains every 60 mins.
5: Weekday increases from every 60 mins to every 30 mins. Weekend increases from every 90 mins to every 60 mins.
6: Weekday increases from every 30 mins to every 20 mins. Weekend increases from every 60 mins to every 30 mins.
7: Weekday increases from every 30 mins to every 20 mins. Weekend increases from every 60 mins to every 30 mins.
8: Weekday remains every 10 mins, with some additional services in the morning and evenings. Weekend increases from every 20 mins to every 12 mins.
17: Weekday remains every 30 mins from Southmead to Kingswood with 1 bus an hour continuing to Keynsham. Weekend remains every 60 mins.
18: Weekday service restarts every 60 mins from Bath to Kingswood. No Weekend service.
19: Weekday service remains every 60 mins. Weekend service remains every 60 mins.
22: Remains no service.
24: Weekdays change from every 15 mins Southmead Hospital - Ashton Vale and additional services every 15 mins from Lockleaze - City Centre to every 10 mins on the whole route. Weekend increases from every 30 mins to every 20 mins.
24A: Remains no service.
35: Remains no service.
36: Weekday service remains every 30 mins. Weekend service remains every 60 mins.
37: Remains no service.
39: Weekday daytime services withdrawn, remains in evening with later trips. Weekend increases from every 30 mins to every 15 mins.
X39: Weekday increases from every 20 mins to every 15 mins, with peaks increasing from every 15 mins to every 12 mins. No Weekend services.
41X: New service. Monday - Saturday every 15 mins from Lawrence Hill to City Centre (Another staff shuttle)
42: Weekday remains every 60 mins. Weekend remains every 60 mins.
42A: Remains no service.
43: Weekday service every 10 mins, with an increased 2 additional City Centre - Kingswood bus per hour (Used to be 42A service). Saturday service every 15 mins, every other bus terminates at Kingswood. Sunday service remains every 30 mins.
44: Weekday remains every 30 mins. Weekend remains every 60 mins.
45: Weekday remains 4 buses per hour City Centre - Longwell Green with 2 buses continuing to Cadbury Heath. Saturdays remains 3 buses per hour City Centre - Longwell Green with 1 bus continuing to Cadbury Heath. Sundays remain every 60 mins.
48: Weekday remains every 20 mins. Saturdays remain every 15 mins City Centre - Fishponds, with every other bus continuing to Emersons Green. Sundays remain every 30 mins.
48A: Weekday remains every 20 mins. No Weekend Service.
49: Weekday remains every 20 mins. Weekend remains every 30 mins.
X49: Remains no service.
70: Weekday increases from every 20 mins to every 15 mins. Weekend increase from every 30 mins to every 20 mins.
71: Remains no service.
72: Weekday remains every 30 mins. Weekend remains every 60 mins.
73: Weekday remains every 15 mins Bristol Temple Meads - Bristol Parkway with every other bus continuing to Cribbs Causeway. Weekend increases from every 60 mins to every 30 mins.
75: Weekday remains every 15 mins from Hengrove - Cribbs Causeway, with additional services every 15 mins Bedminster Parade - Filton. Weekend increases from every 30 mins to every 20 mins.
76: Weekday remains every 15 mins. Weekend increases from every 30 mins to every 20 mins.
90: Weekday remains every 15 mins. Weekend remains every 30 mins.
91: Weekday remains every 40 mins. Weekend remains every 60 mins.
92: Weekday remains every 30 mins. Weekend remains every 60 mins.
93X: Monday - Saturday new service every 30 mins Hengrove Depot - Bristol Bus Station (Formalisation of Driver shuttle)
96: Weekday remains every 120 mins. No Weekend Service.
177: Weekday remains 3 trips each way, although timing is changed. No Weekend Service.
178: Weekday increases from every 120 mins to every 60 mins. No Weekend Service.
349: Weekday remains every 30 mins. No Weekend Service.
376: Weekday increases from every 30 mins Bristol - Wells, with every other bus continuing to Street, to every 15 mins Bristol - Wells, with every other bus continuing to Street. Weekend increases from every 60 mins to every 15 mins.
A1: Remains no Service.
A2: Weekend remains every 30 mins, although service becomes 24 hours. Weekend service reintroduced every 30 mins.
T1: Weekday peak increases from every 30 mins to every 15 mins, off peak increases from every 60 mins to every 30 mins. Weekend increases from every 60 mins to every 30 mins.
T2: Weekday remains every 120 mins. Weekend remains every 120 mins.
U1: Remains no service.
U2: Remains no service.
X1: Weekday increases from every 30 mins to every 15 mins. Weekend increase from every 60 mins to every 30 mins.
X1X: Weekday service restarts every 30 mins. Weekend service restarts every 30 mins.
X2: Weekday increases from every 120 mins to every 60 mins. No Weekend Service.
X3: Weekday remains every 60 mins. Weekend service restarts every 60 mins.
X3A: Weekday services remains mornings and evenings every 30 mins, with a few additional evening services in Portishead. Weekend service changed from every 60 mins all day to every 60 mins evening only.
X3X: Weekday new service every 30 mins Bristol Bus Station to Portishead (Via Portway). No Weekend Service.
X4: Weekday remains every 60 mins, with duplicates from Pill to Bristol. Weekend service restarts every 60 mins.
X6: Weekday remains every 60 mins, but now with services between 09:45 and 13:45. Weekend No Service.
X7: Weekday remains every 60 mins. Weekend remains every 60 mins.
X8: Weekday remains every 90 mins. Weekend No Service.
X9: Weekday increases from every 60 mins to every 30 mins. Weekend service increases from every 60 mins to every 30 mins.
Y1: Weekday peak increases from every 30 mins to every 20 mins, off peak increases from every 60 mins to every 30 mins. Weekend increases from every 60 mins to every 30 mins.
Y2: Weekday remains every 120 mins. Weekend remains every 120 mins.
Y3: Weekday remains every 120 mins. No Weekend service.
Y4: Weekday increases from every 60 mins to every 30 mins. Weekend increases from every 120 mins to every 60 mins.
Y5: Weekday remains every 120 mins. Weekend remains every 120 mins. Shows new timetable which at the moment is identical to the current one.
Y6: Weekday increases from every 120 mins to every 60 mins, with every other bus terminating at Yate. Weekend remains every 120 mins.
M1: Weekday remains every 15 mins. Weekend remains every 30 mins.
M2: Weekday increases from every 20 mins to every 15 mins. No Weekend Serivce.
M3: Remains no Service.
M3X: Weekday remains every 30 mins. Weekend remains every 60 mins.
Brislington P&R: Weekday increases from every 20 mins to every 7.5 mins peak and every 10 mins off peak. No Weekend serivce.
Portway P&R: Weekday increases from every 20 mins to every 12 mins peak and every 15 mins off peak. Weekend increases from every 30 mins to every 20 mins.

Bath
1: Weekday increases from every 15 mins to every 7 mins. Weekend increases from every 30 mins to every 10 mins. Moves from Bath Bus Station to Ambury.
2: Weekday increases from every 30 mins to every 15 mins. Weekend remains at every 30 mins and gets later services. Moves from Bath Bus Station onto Dorchester Street.
3: Weekday increases from every 20 mins to every 15 mins. Weekend remains at every 30 mins. Moves from Bath Bus Station onto Dorchester Street.
4: Weekday increases from every 20 mins to every 15 mins. Weekend increases from every 30 mins to every 20 mins. Moves from Bath Bus Station to Broad Quay.
5: Weekday increases from every 15 mins to every 8 mins. With shorts to and from Lower Bristol Road every 8 mins (Every 4 mins combined). Weekend increases from every 20 mins to every 15 mins. Moves from Bath Bus Station to Ambury.
6: Weekday remains at every 30 mins. Moves from Bath Bus Station to Dorchester Street.
6A: Weekend every 30 mins day time, and every 60 mins all week on evenings, with evening weekend services introduced. Moves from Bath Bus Station to Dorchester Street.
7: Weekday remains at every 30 mins. Moves from Bath Bus Station to Dorchester Street.
8: Weekday increases from every 40 mins to every 20 mins. Weekend remains at every 40 mins but gains an evening service. Moves from Dorchester Street to Bath Bus Station.
11: Weekday remains every 60 mins. No Weekend service. Moves from Manvers Street to Dorchester Street.
12: Weekday remains every 60 mins. No Weekend service. Moves from Manvers Street to Dorchester Street.
20: Weekday remains every 120 mins. No Weekend services. Moves from Manvers Street to Dorchester Street.
21: Weekday remains every 15 mins. Weekend increases from every 30 mins to every 15 mins. Operates via Westgate Buildings.
31: Weekday remains every 15 mins. Weekend increases from every 30 mins to every 15 mins. Operates via Milsom Street.
41: Weekday remains every 15 mins. Weekend increases from every 30 mins to every 15 mins. Moves from South Gate to Ambury.
42: Weekday is now a clockface every 30 mins. Additional services at some points in the day. No Weekend Services.
172: Weekday changes from every 60 mins Bath - Wells to every 20 mins Bath - Paulton. With an additional service every 60 mins Bath - Radstock. New Weekend service 2 buses per hour Bath - Paulton. Remains at Bath Bus Station.
173: Weekday remains every 60 mins. No Weekend Services. Remains at Bath Bus Station.
174: Weekday Bath - Wells remains every 60 mins, with additional Wells - Shepton Mallet services every 60 mins. Weekend remains every 60 mins. Remains At Bath Bus Station.
D1: Weekday remains every 60 mins Bath - Warminster, with every 120 mins to Salisbury. Weekend services remain every 60 mins. Remains at Bath Bus Station, looks like it is no longer on the diversion either.
D1X: Weekday increases from every 60 mins at peaks to every 60 mins all day. No Weekend services. Remains at Bath Bus Station.
D2: Weekday increases from every 60 mins to every 30 mins. Weekend services remain every 60 mins, but with earlier and later services. Remains at Bath Bus Station.
U1: Weekdays increases from every 20 mins to every 15 mins. Weekend increases from every 40 mins to every 20 mins. Service remains at Bath Bus Station.
U2: Weekdays remains every 60 mins. No Weekend Service. Shows new timetable which at the moment is identical to the current one.
U5: Weekday remains every 60 mins. No Weekend service. Moves from Bath Bus Station to St James' Parade.

Weston
1: Weekday increases from every 120 mins to every 30 mins. Weekend services restarts at every 30 mins.
3: Weekday increases from every 20 mins to every 15 mins. Weekend service remains every 30 mins.
5: Weekday remains at every 60 mins. Weekend service remains every 120 mins.
7: Weekday increases from every 20 mins to every 10 mins, with later services. Weekend service remains every 30 mins, with later services.
20: Weekday increases from every 120 mins to every 30 mins. Weekend increases from every 120 mins to every 30 mins.
126: Weekday increases from every 180 mins to every 90 mins. Weekend services restarts at every 90 mins.
A3: Remains no service.
X5: Weekday increases from every 120 mins to every 60 mins. Weekend service restarts every 180 mins. (Still just Weston to Portishead)

Tommy Walters

Some more Bristol changes! Full list of services operating from 5th July if anyone wants to know, Took ages to go through but quite a significant increase in services across the area, which I guess is now at all but maximum working.

Bristol
1: Weekday increases from every 15 mins to every 12 mins. Weekend increases from every 30 mins to every 20 mins.
2: Weekday increases from every 15 mins to every 12 mins. Weekend increases from every 30 mins to every 20 mins.
3: Weekday remains every 30 mins. Weekend increases from every 60 mins to every 30 mins.
4: Weekday remains every 15 mins from Broadmead - Henbury with every other bus continuing to Cribbs Causeway. Weekend remains every 60 mins.
5: Weekday increases from every 60 mins to every 30 mins. Weekend increases from every 90 mins to every 60 mins.
6: Weekday increases from every 30 mins to every 20 mins. Weekend increases from every 60 mins to every 30 mins.
7: Weekday increases from every 30 mins to every 20 mins. Weekend increases from every 60 mins to every 30 mins.
8: Weekday remains every 10 mins, with some additional services in the morning and evenings. Weekend increases from every 20 mins to every 12 mins.
17: Weekday remains every 30 mins from Southmead to Kingswood with 1 bus an hour continuing to Keynsham. Weekend remains every 60 mins.
18: Weekday service restarts every 60 mins from Bath to Kingswood. No Weekend service.
19: Weekday service remains every 60 mins. Weekend service remains every 60 mins.
22: Remains no service.
24: Weekdays change from every 15 mins Southmead Hospital - Ashton Vale and additional services every 15 mins from Lockleaze - City Centre to every 10 mins on the whole route. Weekend increases from every 30 mins to every 20 mins.
24A: Remains no service.
35: Remains no service.
36: Weekday service remains every 30 mins. Weekend service remains every 60 mins.
37: Remains no service.
39: Weekday daytime services withdrawn, remains in evening with later trips. Weekend increases from every 30 mins to every 15 mins.
X39: Weekday increases from every 20 mins to every 15 mins, with peaks increasing from every 15 mins to every 12 mins. No Weekend services.
41X: New service. Monday - Saturday every 15 mins from Lawrence Hill to City Centre (Another staff shuttle)
42: Weekday remains every 60 mins. Weekend remains every 60 mins.
42A: Remains no service.
43: Weekday service every 10 mins, with an increased 2 additional City Centre - Kingswood bus per hour (Used to be 42A service). Saturday service every 15 mins, every other bus terminates at Kingswood. Sunday service remains every 30 mins.
44: Weekday remains every 30 mins. Weekend remains every 60 mins.
45: Weekday remains 4 buses per hour City Centre - Longwell Green with 2 buses continuing to Cadbury Heath. Saturdays remains 3 buses per hour City Centre - Longwell Green with 1 bus continuing to Cadbury Heath. Sundays remain every 60 mins.
48: Weekday remains every 20 mins. Saturdays remain every 15 mins City Centre - Fishponds, with every other bus continuing to Emersons Green. Sundays remain every 30 mins.
48A: Weekday remains every 20 mins. No Weekend Service.
49: Weekday remains every 20 mins. Weekend remains every 30 mins.
X49: Remains no service.
70: Weekday increases from every 20 mins to every 15 mins. Weekend increase from every 30 mins to every 20 mins.
71: Remains no service.
72: Weekday remains every 30 mins. Weekend remains every 60 mins.
73: Weekday remains every 15 mins Bristol Temple Meads - Bristol Parkway with every other bus continuing to Cribbs Causeway. Weekend increases from every 60 mins to every 30 mins.
75: Weekday remains every 15 mins from Hengrove - Cribbs Causeway, with additional services every 15 mins Bedminster Parade - Filton. Weekend increases from every 30 mins to every 20 mins.
76: Weekday remains every 15 mins. Weekend increases from every 30 mins to every 20 mins.
90: Weekday remains every 15 mins. Weekend remains every 30 mins.
91: Weekday remains every 40 mins. Weekend remains every 60 mins.
92: Weekday remains every 30 mins. Weekend remains every 60 mins.
93X: Monday - Saturday new service every 30 mins Hengrove Depot - Bristol Bus Station (Formalisation of Driver shuttle)
96: Weekday remains every 120 mins. No Weekend Service.
177: Weekday remains 3 trips each way, although timing is changed. No Weekend Service.
178: Weekday increases from every 120 mins to every 60 mins. No Weekend Service.
349: Weekday remains every 30 mins. No Weekend Service.
376: Weekday increases from every 30 mins Bristol - Wells, with every other bus continuing to Street, to every 15 mins Bristol - Wells, with every other bus continuing to Street. Weekend increases from every 60 mins to every 15 mins.
A1: Remains no Service.
A2: Weekend remains every 30 mins, although service becomes 24 hours. Weekend service reintroduced every 30 mins.
T1: Weekday peak increases from every 30 mins to every 15 mins, off peak increases from every 60 mins to every 30 mins. Weekend increases from every 60 mins to every 30 mins.
T2: Weekday remains every 120 mins. Weekend remains every 120 mins.
U1: Remains no service.
U2: Remains no service.
X1: Weekday increases from every 30 mins to every 15 mins. Weekend increase from every 60 mins to every 30 mins.
X1X: Weekday service restarts every 30 mins. Weekend service restarts every 30 mins.
X2: Weekday increases from every 120 mins to every 60 mins. No Weekend Service.
X3: Weekday remains every 60 mins. Weekend service restarts every 60 mins.
X3A: Weekday services remains mornings and evenings every 30 mins, with a few additional evening services in Portishead. Weekend service changed from every 60 mins all day to every 60 mins evening only.
X3X: Weekday new service every 30 mins Bristol Bus Station to Portishead (Via Portway). No Weekend Service.
X4: Weekday remains every 60 mins, with duplicates from Pill to Bristol. Weekend service restarts every 60 mins.
X6: Weekday remains every 60 mins, but now with services between 09:45 and 13:45. Weekend No Service.
X7: Weekday remains every 60 mins. Weekend remains every 60 mins.
X8: Weekday remains every 90 mins. Weekend No Service.
X9: Weekday increases from every 60 mins to every 30 mins. Weekend service increases from every 60 mins to every 30 mins.
Y1: Weekday peak increases from every 30 mins to every 20 mins, off peak increases from every 60 mins to every 30 mins. Weekend increases from every 60 mins to every 30 mins.
Y2: Weekday remains every 120 mins. Weekend remains every 120 mins.
Y3: Weekday remains every 120 mins. No Weekend service.
Y4: Weekday increases from every 60 mins to every 30 mins. Weekend increases from every 120 mins to every 60 mins.
Y5: Weekday remains every 120 mins. Weekend remains every 120 mins. Shows new timetable which at the moment is identical to the current one.
Y6: Weekday increases from every 120 mins to every 60 mins, with every other bus terminating at Yate. Weekend remains every 120 mins.
M1: Weekday remains every 15 mins. Weekend remains every 30 mins.
M2: Weekday increases from every 20 mins to every 15 mins. No Weekend Serivce.
M3: Remains no Service.
M3X: Weekday remains every 30 mins. Weekend remains every 60 mins.
Brislington P&R: Weekday increases from every 20 mins to every 7.5 mins peak and every 10 mins off peak. No Weekend serivce.
Portway P&R: Weekday increases from every 20 mins to every 12 mins peak and every 15 mins off peak. Weekend increases from every 30 mins to every 20 mins.

Bath

Weston
1: Weekday increases from every 120 mins to every 30 mins. Weekend services restarts at every 30 mins.
3: Weekday increases from every 20 mins to every 15 mins. Weekend service remains every 30 mins.
5: Weekday remains at every 60 mins. Weekend service remains every 120 mins.
7: Weekday increases from every 20 mins to every 10 mins, with later services. Weekend service remains every 30 mins, with later services.
20: Weekday increases from every 120 mins to every 30 mins. Weekend increases from every 120 mins to every 30 mins.
126: Weekday increases from every 180 mins to every 90 mins. Weekend services restarts at every 90 mins.
A3: Remains no service.
X5: Weekday increases from every 120 mins to every 60 mins. Weekend service restarts every 180 mins. (Still just Weston to Portishead)

The other observation I didn't notice before was the sheer pickup of Coaster services in Weston! I assume the open tops will have to come back out to fulfill that!

ValleyLines142

Established Member
So basically if the 75 is every fifteen minutes from Cribbs to Hengrove, and every fifteen minutes from Filton to Bedminster, combined it's gonna be every 7/8 minutes. Chuck in the 76, also every fifteen minutes from Henbury to Hengrove, that means that between Gloucester Road and Bedminster there's a bus roughly every 3/4 minutes? To me that seems more frequent than pre-Corona times!

Buses in Bath

So basically if the 75 is every fifteen minutes from Cribbs to Hengrove, and every fifteen minutes from Filton to Bedminster, combined it's gonna be every 7/8 minutes. Chuck in the 76, also every fifteen minutes from Henbury to Hengrove, that means that between Gloucester Road and Bedminster there's a bus roughly every 3/4 minutes? To me that seems more frequent than pre-Corona times!
Bath routes 1-5 and 8 are all more frequent than the normal timetable as well as the 172, D2 etc.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
You'd be surprised, a lot of routes in Bath need singles. The 1 going to every 7 mins is likely due to the fact that singles will be used. The 5's high frequency likewise!

In Bath, the 5 and 42 are the only ones that needs singles to get under Twerton Arch, plus the raft of mini services that can't take a full sized vehicle irrespective of height. The 1 can take deckers if they can resist the temptation of hitting scaffolding.

However, given the sheer number of routes across FWoE that are getting uplifted, plenty of single deckers would need to be used anyway. Just that the 320** deckers that were dislodged in Bristol did have a swansong and are parked up in Lawrence Hill so wondering if there might be the temptation to resurrect some if only to release deckers onto routes that don't normally have them like the 178 or the Bristol 5.

Tommy Walters

In Bath, the 5 and 42 are the only ones that needs singles to get under Twerton Arch, plus the raft of mini services that can't take a full sized vehicle irrespective of height. The 1 can take deckers if they can resist the temptation of hitting scaffolding.

However, given the sheer number of routes across FWoE that are getting uplifted, plenty of single deckers would need to be used anyway. Just that the 320** deckers that were dislodged in Bristol did have a swansong and are parked up in Lawrence Hill so wondering if there might be the temptation to resurrect some if only to release deckers onto routes that don't normally have them like the 178 or the Bristol 5.

My concern for singles was mainly with the Bath 5 actually. Those ex-Mendip RLEs don't seem the best in terms of reliability (either that or Bath don't like them), and there aren't many spare long singles about, especially when the PVRs increase week after next. E200s have been substituting occasionally on the Bath 5, but in all honesty they're not ideal. Keeping 47570 has been a wise decision as it can be used as a spare on the 5 & D routes!

My suggestion is simply just to resurrect either 66886 or 69253, for capacity's sake. It would also help if 69500 was fixed (anyone know what's wrong with it?). Sister 501 is most likely a parts source from now on!

Last edited:

Tommy Walters

With the weather as it is this week, best time for it!

It's rather a lot better than the day I did the 20 on an open topper. I nearly got blown away!

Can understand the 3A/4 serving RUH. The 8 though?!

The 8 is a funny one as much of the route is within easy walk of stops on the 1/U1. I'd say it's more due to the fact that it has to be Solo worked and therefore ends up full if even a small group boards! It's also quite a popular route with pensioners, so maybe someone complained!

Notice how the 9 still hasn't been resurrected in all this...

-Colly405-

There is also a change to the 75 and 76 from this Saturday, on Saturdays only before the 5th July changes kick in and change it further - the Saturday daytime half-hourly service on each route is duped Hengrove/Hartcliffe-Filton (75) and Hengrove-City (76).

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
The 8 is a funny one as much of the route is within easy walk of stops on the 1/U1. I'd say it's more due to the fact that it has to be Solo worked and therefore ends up full if even a small group boards! It's also quite a popular route with pensioners, so maybe someone complained!

I think you're probably on the money with this one. You'll have a number of pass holders etc who won't be able to walk to the U1/1 and it will fill up so for social distancing, it needs to be uplifted

carlberry

Established Member

I wasnt aware I had your ar5€!
It has had an impressive number of numbers over the years, I suspect the most stable would be 43A from the 1920s to 1967.