• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

FirstGroup Trainee Driver Requirements - Height?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SWTH

Taken from the advert on the First Group Careers site:

Please note that due to our stringent safety requirements, applicants must fall within the height ranges of 5 foot 2 inches to 6 foot 4 inches

Why would height be a safety requirement? I'm 6' 6" so I can't apply to First as a trainee driver yet other TOCs don't seem to have this limit?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

455driver

Veteran Member
Fitting in the cabs is one reason, some of them are a bit small.

TDK

Established Member
Taken from the advert on the First Group Careers site:

Why would height be a safety requirement? I'm 6' 6" so I can't apply to First as a trainee driver yet other TOCs don't seem to have this limit?

It is solely down to cab ergonomics, if you are refused on these grounds alone request they carry out a risk assessment to ascertain that you are in fact too tall. I did this one for a driver who was too short and he passed the risk assessment and still driving today 9 years later without any problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.