• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Flaming Eck!!! HST 43072

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Impressive, maybe it thought it was a Class 70?

(Gets coat for making another 70 fire reference....)

455driver

Veteran Member
Chips are ready! :lol:

Looks like the turbo/ engine is passing oil into the exhaust which has caught fire, the oil is then keeping the fire fed, looks a lot worse than it is, shut the engine down and it will burn itself out fairly quickly, but I wouldnt put my hand on the silencer box for an hour or 2! ;)

Oh dont call the bloody fire brigade, they will just fill everything with foam (55016 anyone :cry:).

richw

Veteran Member
just looked through the whole album on that link, amazes me all the different franchises some of the powercars have moved between!

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I think 455driver was pretty much spot on with his analysis:

Looks like the turbo/ engine is passing oil into the exhaust which has caught fire, the oil is then keeping the fire fed, looks a lot worse than it is, shut the engine down and it will burn itself out fairly quickly, but I wouldnt put my hand on the silencer box for an hour or 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.