• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Flash Floods & Hailstorm Sheffield Easter Saturday 23rd April 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

bus man

The Hillsborough area of sheffield had very heavy rain yesterday with hail :

IMGP0965.jpg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bus man

I presume you mean electricity supply, I understand tram 118 was stopped at Hillsborough (baths) on way to Malin Bridge as the Road was flooded it then proceeded to Middlewood after points had been cleared at Hillsborough Corner. Holme Lane qwas still flooded at this stage, 118 was then stopped on Middlewood Road by police s the road was blocked by a car stuck in flood water.

No one as mentioned supply problems

I presume you mean electricity supply, I understand tram 118 was stopped at Hillsborough (baths) on way to Malin Bridge as the Road was flooded it then proceeded to Middlewood after points had been cleared at Hillsborough Corner. Holme Lane qwas still flooded at this stage, 118 was then stopped on Middlewood Road by police s the road was blocked by a car stuck in flood water.

No one as mentioned supply problems

Ah that would be it then .

This is what P*sses me off , we have a tram network that can run in all weathers and yet we get overlooked when we want to exstend the tram into the suburbs as its a lot better than the buses :(

bus man

Ah that would be it then .

This is what P*sses me off , we have a tram network that can run in all weathers and yet we get overlooked when we want to exstend the tram into the suburbs as its a lot better than the buses :(

Remember that the tram would have been to stannington if it had not been for the NIMBY brigade !

Status
Not open for further replies.