• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Flats backing onto the Haywards Heath line

Status
Not open for further replies.

holl1984

Whilst it can't truly be compared, for 2 years I lived opposite the mod Cheshire line, approx 200m from Northwich station. Almost immediately, we stopped noticing the trains and began to instead notice if they weren't there! 3 months after moving in, I gave birth to my first child and when he was moved into his own bedroom at the age of 4 months (little bugger snored and that disturbed us more than the trains!) I was worried about the train noise waking him espcially as where we lived had a signal right outside our front door and there could be freight trains stopped there that made a racket when starting back up again but it didn't bother him one bit. Bare in mind as well that any train noise overnight was amplified due to the baby monitor being used as well so we would hear it in "real life" and through that thing.

The point I'm trying to make is that your brain will soon retrain itself to ignore the noise and like what happened to us, will make you realise instead when it's not there (if you get me)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.