• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Flight Arrivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigerroar

On Moderation
http://www.birminghamairport.co.uk/arrivals-and-departures.aspx

My old man has gone up to Birmingham to pick up friends on a flight from Faro this afternoon so asked me to check the arrivals for info on whether they'd be on time or late.

Looking at this list I can't help but notice that there are batches of airlines arriving from the same airport at the same time, like four from Paris CDG all at one time.

Surely there aren't four planes are there?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nym

Established Member
What bb21 said...

For example AF1169 is shared between Air France, Delta Airlines, (Used to be NWAirlines too) and FlyBE...

Royston Vasey

Established Member
Various airline alliances basically share ticketing on each others' planes (and frequent flyer points/exec status which can be useful) for efficiency and ease of connections.

Oneworld alliance: BA, Iberia, American, Qantas, Finnair, Canadian, Cathay Pacific, one or two others
Sky team: Air France, Delta, KLM, Alitalia, one or two others
Star Alliance: Lufthansa, United, Thai, Scandinavian, others

They're the main ones.

richw

Veteran Member
Airfrance and Flybe share a lot of codes i noticed when i was at Exeter airport back in September.

starrymarkb

Established Member
Airfrance and Flybe share a lot of codes i noticed when i was at Exeter airport back in September.

Flybe also codeshare with Etihad on some routes... Air Frog and Flybe have a pretty close relationship, Jersey/British European used to operate as an AF franchise on some routes with CRJs in AF colours

Sun!

Air France and flybe codeshare on every UK-Paris route. (excluding Heathrow).

As has been said above they are just codeshares, so one company's flight with lots of different airlines codes.

On some routes such as between the UK and US on American Airlines and BA they are joint ventures rather than codeshares. So for example when BA flies from LHR to Phoenix they share any profit/loss with AA. The happens on all UK-US routes between them.
The same is true with BA and Qantas between Europe and OZ, so when Qantas flies Frankfurt to Sydney, if the route is profitable BA will also get a share of proft, the same if it makes a loss they give Qantas their share of the loss.
Air France-KLM also joint venture between Europe and the US with Delta Airlines.

Also some companies are actually the same, and just operate under different brands. eg:
IAG- 100% of Iberia and BA, plus 15% of flybe.
Lufthansa Group- 100% of Lufthansa, Swiss, Austrian, SN Brussels.
Air France-KLM Group- 100% of Air France and KLM, 25% of Alitalia, 26% of Kenyan Airlines.

Status
Not open for further replies.