• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Flight Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lesjordans

Yeah, unfortunately all the payware planes will have to be updated, i recommend the Level D Sim 767

Lesjordans said:
Yeah, unfortunately all the payware planes will have to be updated, i recommend the Level D Sim 767
True, I have PMDG 737, 747 the PSS pro 777 (this won't install however, does anyone know why?)

That's it, I've bought loads of scenery though.

I play FS 2004. Its great and Im looking forward to FS 2006- also known as FS X (hope my graphics card can take it), which is something out very soon.

The next version will feature moving vehicles (yes moving cars on the roads below!), realistic city roads and missions etc... Theres a trailer somewhere which shows a rescue mission to save workers on a burning oil rig at sea.

Should be great! ;)

Edit: trailer here http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/sim/microsoftflightsimulatorx/media.html?mode=all

Re-Edit: the Oil rig video is here (click on the image below to view: http://www.flightsimulator10.com/content/view/13/3/

Guinness

Established Member
I won't be getting FSX unless I get Vista (Which isn't anytime soon) because FSX will be optimized for Vista anyway.

I have PSS A32X/A330/B777 and I find them good with some of them been a good price although a couple of Bugs.

Look out for PSS Boeing 757 though! Should be a good one!

Lesjordans

Level D Sim are also doing a 757, thats where my Loyalties lie. Hopefully everything will be compatible with FSX although im happy with FS9 just now

Coxster

Established Member
I've always wanted to get into Flight Sim but I've never actualy bothered to get off my backside and do anything about it ;)

Tom B

Established Member
Chaz said:
I won't be getting FSX unless I get Vista (Which isn't anytime soon) because FSX will be optimized for Vista anyway.

i.e. made to work properly only if you buy that, not for some proper technical reason but to sell more copies of their OS.

Gareth Hale

It is indeed a fantastic game without the jetlag. Hopefully FSX will run better on dual core.

Angus

If you want to fly some real aeroplanes (as opposed to the boring, computerised modern stuff) in FS2004 then see here: http://www.cbfsim.org/

It's all free and David Maltby's Trident and 1-11 and Rick Piper's HS748 are better quality than 99% of payware aircraft for FS.

Guinness

Established Member
Oh I love David Maltbys BAC 1-11! :) Beautiful Aircraft, great panel and best of all it's free. :) Ryanair colours suit the aircraft too. :)

Shame FS9 is broken for me at the moment. :(

Apparently there is an excellent freeware Tinmouse Boeing 737-200 Aircraft available on www.avsim.com not tried it myself but looks a good un!

Status
Not open for further replies.