• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Flying GOBLINs

Status
Not open for further replies.

leytongabriel

GOBLIN westbound train was 10m late and slipping recently and they announced at Leytonstone High Rd that it would be non-stop from Blackhorse Road to Gospel Oak.
Wondering if this happens often and how much time can be made up, given the speed restrictions.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JonathanH

Veteran Member
GOBLIN westbound train was 10m late and slipping recently and they announced at Leytonstone High Rd that it would be non-stop from Blackhorse Road to Gospel Oak.
Wondering if this happens often and how much time can be made up, given the speed restrictions.
This one ran non-stop in 27 minutes.
https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service/gb-nr:27592/2021-05-19/detailed

They normally take 34 minutes in service.

When you have a service that runs every 15 minutes with ten minute turnarounds a decision about running without stops will be made to get the trains back on timetable if there are delays otherwise it will cause an issue for following services.

Here is an example where an eight minute delay at Blackhorse Road was all recovered by Barking by running non stop.
https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service/gb-nr:C28090/2021-05-19/detailed

The answer seems to be that seven minutes can be made up.

rogercov

I think London Overground do this quite frequently. I've experienced it on the East London Line. I think I was at Shoreditch High Street when they announced that the next stop would be Canonbury.

Kite159

Veteran Member
I think London Overground do this quite frequently. I've experienced it on the East London Line. I think I was at Shoreditch High Street when they announced that the next stop would be Canonbury.

Although the difference between the East London line and the goblin is that the next train will be a few minutes behind. And by running fast won't impact as much on the following services

Status
Not open for further replies.