• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Flying Scotsman halted by trespassers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay252

Just seen on sky news that the ecml has been brought to a stand by train spotters trying to get a look at the inaugural run. As a driver this infuriates me, stay off the tracks and stay safe before you get yourself killed or destroy a drivers career!
I don't understand the way these anoraks go on. It's absolutely idiotic!

The Flying Scotsman's inaugural run from London to York after a 10-year refit has been ground to a halt by trespassers.

Network Rail said it has had to "stop all trains" on the East Coast Mainline - including the world famous steam locomotive- "because of a huge number of trespassers" keen to get a look at it.

It said there were lots of safe vantage points for rail enthusiasts to photograph the Flying Scotsman and urged people not to "be tempted to trespass on the railway".

The Flying Scotsman has been restored to its traditional 1960s British Rail green for its journey up the East Coast Main Line from King's Cross station.

Once in York, it will be kept at the National Railway Museum (NRM) until 6 March before embarking on a tour around the country.

http://news.sky.com/story/1648376/trespassers-stop-flying-scotsman-in-its-tracks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

marks87

Established Member
Utter morons the lot of them.

The video shows some people in high-vis so hopefully a few prosecutions will be forthcoming.

Poolie

Complete madness. Not just one or two by the picture. Hope its not the end of steam on the main line by their selfish actions.

BRblue

I have made my feelings clear in the heritage flying scotsman thread... can't help but feel that this has just driven a big nail into the mainline steam coffin, especially after wcrc's continued problems. Unfortunately it's always a few moronic individuals who can end up spoiling it for the rest.

stut

Established Member
Yes, I was heading in the opposite direction this morning, passing the FS just south of Hatfield. From Knebworth onwards, you could see a number of trespassers, mostly on trackside embankments with a good view. I did wonder if they'd bring the line to a halt.

SPADTrap

Established Member
Plenty of photos of those trespassing about, hopefully they'll be held to account, especially the ones trespassing with children.

Status
Not open for further replies.