• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Flying Scotsman in the daily mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

R4_GRN

Sorry to all you daily mail haters but the paper has an excellent exploded view of the flying Scotsman today

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

krus_aragon

Established Member
That's exploded as in "enlarged in detail", as opposed to "applied use of nitroglycerine"? :P

(There are a number of Flying Scotsman haters here, too.)

Steveman

Sorry to all you daily mail haters but the paper has an excellent exploded view of the flying Scotsman today

I think you'll find any mention whatsoever of the Daily Mail is not advised on here.

Phil.

Established Member
The Daily Mail also published a rather nice view and guide to the controls of "Tornado" when it was built.

Mvann

And if the eagle was still about, they would have probably done a good one to.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
And if the eagle was still about, they would have probably done a good one to. Actually, doesn't he mean cut away. I'd hate to think of the size of the daily mail of an enlarged in detail view of the flying scotsman

Phil.

Established Member
I don't suppose that the majority of people here could remember or even know of the Eagle - but you're right. I'm sure somewhere I've still got the issue with then then new H.M.S. Salisbury in it.
The Daily Mail also published a nice centre spread featuring the cab and labelling the controls of "Tornado" after it was built.

Mvann

It was before my time as well. A quick search on the internet shows they did loco cutaways of an A4, bullied pacific, 10000 and a deltic.

Veteran Member
It was before my time as well. A quick search on the internet shows they did loco cutaways of an A4, bullied pacific, 10000 and a deltic.

But not before mine! I remember a loco cutaway which I thought was an A3.Would have been around 1962, whereas the Internet search produces stuff around 1950.

R4_GRN

Well when I sat O level technical drawing using a pencil and paper in the 1970's we called it an exploded view, no Autocad then and an eraser was frowned on, and I can well remember the exploded views in the Eagle, wish I still had the copies I bought every week, gave me an interest in engineering for a living.

DarloRich

Veteran Member

I saw that. It looked very good. I didn't buy it.

I think you'll find any mention whatsoever of the Daily Mail is not advised on here.

Mainly because it is a terrible Tory rag masquerading as a newspaper with stories based on half cocked, half baked wibbling, generally about foreigners, which bear little connection with the real facts ;)

Still better than the Express mind!

Steveman

I saw that. It looked very good. I didn't buy it.

Mainly because it is a terrible Tory rag masquerading as a newspaper with stories based on half cocked, half baked wibbling, generally about foreigners, which bear little connection with the real facts ;)

Still better than the Express mind!

What is your rag of choice then ?

kermit

I've long held the view that The Beano is the only newspaper you can trust.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
What is your rag of choice then ?

None - they all push a particular agenda abased upon their owners wishes and political bias rather than objectively report the news. The last one I bought was the Northern Echo but it is of little use in Milton Keynes!

For news I listen to Radio 4 which seeing as it manages to upset Tory and Labour types must be fairly good!

I might, as Kermit suggests, try the Beano!

Status
Not open for further replies.