• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Flying Scotsman Paddington to Worcester

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete_uk

Established Member
Hi all,

The timings for the Scotsman tour on Saturday 15th June are being kept a bit quite, but is there anywhere I could get an idea of what the approximate timings (specifically down the Stroud valley line) will be.

Thanks for any info

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ABB125

Established Member

Essan

That link is to a trip on August 24th (but is basically the same). This one http://www.railwaytouring.net/uk-day-trips/the-cotswold-venturer-3 is to Saturday's trip.

I'm slightly confused though as to which way the train will be going - Railway Touring's website says out via Stroud, back via Evesham, but Railway Herald (http://www.railwayherald.co.uk/railtours) says it's the other way around. Can anyone clarify?

UKsteaminfo also has it going out via Evesham and return via Stroud. But I'd have thought the actual tour company would know best?

If it's returnng via Evesham I may have a chance to catch it passing through :)

Peter C

Established Member
UKsteaminfo also has it going out via Evesham and return via Stroud. But I'd have thought the actual tour company would know best?

If it's returnng via Evesham I may have a chance to catch it passing through :)
The railtour, in the past, has gone from Paddington - Oxford - Evesham - Worcester - Stroud - London. Hope this helps.

-Peter

EDIT: This is what it did last year.

Spartacus

Established Member
There's a standard 0709 path out of Paddington that might be used.

The website for the Didcot-Oxford 175 events (didcotoxfordgwr175.org) indicates that 60103 will be passing stations on the route in the evening, but not the morning.

Note also the page on that site about Vintage Trains steam trains that day (Solihull-Oxford, Oxford-Oxford circular tour via Greenford, and Oxford-Solihull), which aren't on UKsteaminfo (they are on RTT). Presumably Clun Castle must be running to Didcot and back for turning sometime in the late afternoon, although I haven't found that on RTT.

Status
Not open for further replies.