• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Flying Scotsman to visit Swanage Railway - 22nd March to 10th April

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Titfield

Established Member
The Feeder service is now on sale. The service is capacity controlled.

I understand that over 70% of the tickets have now been sold for Flying Scotsman services and that to all intents and purposes Saturday and Sunday are sold out - just a few single seats left.

VEP3417

real shame im going to miss seeing it on tuesday, any idea when it goes back home on the mainline

E759

Just passed through York at 10:13 and FS was sitting outside the NRM with black smoke coming out of the chimney. Not long now!

Bedpan

Established Member
No mention on UKSteam.info fir some reason - I thought that all movements were listed there. Tomorrow's run from Southall to Swanage is shown though.

Bedpan

Established Member
couldnt see anything on the 12th for the return journey
I couldn't either. I don't think that anything is shown in RTT until a couple of weeks beforehand, and no loco movements at all are shown on UKSteam.info beyond the end opf March - even though it is less than two weeks away- so I assume that the same applies to them.

341o2

Established Member
I'd appreciate advice on how to find these movements to and from the Swanage Railway on RTT, because 46521 has been hired from the GCR for the Spring Steam Up and due to arrive tomorrow (or is it arriving by road?)

Meanwhile, 31806 is now in Herston works and expected to be out of service for a couple of months

E759

Location Wareham, switch to detailed view, time 0000-2359, date when you think something may be happening.
Movements to Swanage will appear in the Destination column.
Movements from Swanage will appear in the Origin column.
Click on the ID (“Headcode”) that will show the route.
For multi-leg journeys, like FS from NRM York to Swanage, you then need to repeat using the last Destination as the Origin.
Once you got the hang of things you can probably just search on STP, i.e. remove WTT and VAR.

Edit: Just discovered that to search on Swanage you type SGE. Still learning myself :)

Last edited:

Train Boy

I couldn't either. I don't think that anything is shown in RTT until a couple of weeks beforehand, and no loco movements at all are shown on UKSteam.info beyond the end opf March - even though it is less than two weeks away- so I assume that the same applies to them.

Here you are: 12th April schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.