• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Flying Scotsman

Status
Not open for further replies.

TBirdFrank

On Moderation
The swift return to the mainline by WCRC left many of us gasping at the utterly unreal timescale, lack of time for fresh working practices to be embedded etc etc.

I have no idea how the ORR were satisified, but no doubt their paper trails are adequately covered.

Angry - no exasperated yes, when people put information forward only for it to be greeted with scepticism. The surest way to kill your information chain will be to put it in doubt.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

https://vimeo.com/173173812

Seen it come through Prudhoe a couple of hours ago. Quite a crowd to see it, didn't spot any trespassers on the line though quite a lot were standing too close to the edge of the platform. I sat on the platform behind the lines in front of some others to keep out of their shots to get this video and photo. Came through at quite some speed even though it was running about 4 minutes ahead of the schedule on Real Time Trains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
https://vimeo.com/173173812

Seen it come through Prudhoe a couple of hours ago. Quite a crowd to see it, didn't spot any trespassers on the line though quite a lot were standing too close to the edge of the platform. I sat on the platform behind the lines in front of some others to keep out of their shots to get this video and photo. Came through at quite some speed even though it was running about 4 minutes ahead of the schedule on Real Time Trains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know how Flying Scotsman performed yesterday, 10 July, I think she was hauling the diverted Waverley, from Leeds/York to Carlisle via the ECML & Hexham? and how come the diesel journey seemed to take so long getting from Leeds to Holgate in the morning and much quicker in the evening? Leeds depart 08:38 // arrive Holgate Loop 10:50 //////// York depart 22:35 // arrive Leeds 23:04

Last edited:

harz99

Don't think its here yet.

Joem arrived by low loader Monday, number 9 arrived by rail from Scotland just after 0700 Tuesday morning (wonderful to wake up to the sound of a chime whistle).

Nothing on RTT yet so who knows when/how?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Scotsman, support coach and Deltic arrived at Locomotion around 1240 today.

A well kept secret, nothing to be seen on RTT when I checked at 8 this morning.

VEP3417

people like that are going to spoil it for others, there already people in yellow jackets on stations now watching you when railtours come through

Was at NRM Shildon yesterday and saw someone attempt to climb over the fence as the Scotsman was approaching where their line is between the collections hall and sheds at the opposite end but another photographer saw them and told them not to.

451c065e5ada5ac024ee4b37287fe806.jpg

Here is the fence In question but luckily the man was back on the right side by this time

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

Last edited:

KTHV

Coming down the Severn Valley line today - fully expecting to read reports of people taking risks to get a photo!

chris89

Established Member
Coming down the Severn Valley line today - fully expecting to read reports of people taking risks to get a photo!

Arrived on the Railway yesterday. But it is running today though :)

My photo on it running to Kiddy from B'north is attached, taken around 10:10ish

Attachments

• IMAG1012.jpg
    IMAG1012.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 30

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
[youtube]IxrEJ5I96v4[/youtube]

My video from today. Lineside where I was was fairly quiet but will probably be a lot busier at the weekend.

RichmondCommu

Established Member
I'm very pleased to say that tomorrow I shall be riding behind it for the first time! What's even better is that there will be four generations of my family feeling very pleased that we have the chance to be hauled by it. And I couldn't give a monkeys how much it cost to restore it :)

Last edited:

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I'm very pleased to say that tomorrow I shall be riding behind it for the first time! What's even better is that there will be four generations of my family feeling very pleased that we have the chance to be hauled by it. And I couldn't give a monkeys how much it cost to restore it :)

Excellent :D

Status
Not open for further replies.