• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Flying scotsman

Status
Not open for further replies.

class 313

Established Member
I herd a few months ago (about jan or feb) That the flying scotsman steam train will be restored and at kings x for a trip next year.

Does anyone know the dates of this? As i would love to go and see it!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Coxster

Established Member
At the moment I believe it is not expected to be mainline certified until late 2007.

Guinness

Established Member
Sprog said:
chooo chooo

:)

Is that the Flying Sprogsman impression?

Meww doo dooo mmmm dun dun dun dun dun dun errrrr eeee

/323 Impression

Coxster

Established Member
Chaz said:
Tic Tacs? ;)
Nah - don't take too many of them. They apparently act as a laxative
toilet2.gif

Coxster said:
toilet2.gif

Oooooh :roll: , I better try some next time when I get a congestion down there :D

BTW, what needs to be done to make a steam loco "mainline certified" ?

Coxster

Established Member
EmergencyBrake said:
BTW, what needs to be done to make a steam loco "mainline certified" ?
Official thing which involves the relevant exams, tests to make sure everything is in working order, make sure everything is to the required standard, ensure the AWS etc is in working order (if already fitted - if not fitted it has to be fitted) etc. FS was certified but once you touch certain parts it has to be re-certified. An example is the BEP at the EKR. As soon as the EPBPG changed the bogie it automatically became non-certified. To find out exact details on this sort of thing you might want to contact 'TheSlash' as he is an ex-fitter.

class 313

Established Member
Coxster said:
toilet2.gif

Oh!?

^^ No wonder i spent hours on the bog after downing the whole box... I was minted ;)

morgantyreman

I was in the NRM at york a few weeks ago maybe a month, but the flying scotsman was in bits. If you didnt know where it was you wouldnt know what it was. :wav: YEH!!! MY FIRST PROBER POST ON THIS FORUM

Tom B

Established Member
The Flying Scotsman train is to be restored? Wow, I thought only the locomotive survived!

Guinness

Established Member
Cockfosters said:
The Flying Scotsman train is to be restored? Wow, I thought only the locomotive survived!

I'm sure there's a LNER rake around somewhere. Closer than you think perhaps......

Status
Not open for further replies.