• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Football Club Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

gg1

Established Member
QPR are managed my Mr Colin Wa*ker - as were Plymouth Argyle

I too think very highly of Colin ;)

Plymouth Argyle are one of the few third division/league one clubs to reach an FA cup Semi Final, Port Vale are another.

gg1

Established Member
Liverpool are another club who traditionally dislike Man U.

Surely just about everyone falls into that category :lol:

Rangers have also won the league title while managed by a player-manager (Graham Souness).

Robinson

And you've just managed to find an association with the club I support before I did... :lol:
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Millwall fans have also chanted "No one likes us; we don't care".

Ivo

Established Member
As Robinson has alluded to, Millwall are among Britain's most hated clubs. By contrast, Morecambe are said to be Britain's most popular League club (by number of rivalries with other League clubs).

Ivo

Established Member
Only Stoke City finished below Notts County in the first ever League, way back in 1888-89, and then only on Goal Average.

EM2

Established Member
Kevin Beattie of Ipswich Town was the stand-in for Michael Caine in Escape To Victory. Caine's character, John Colby, was captain of West Ham United

Ivo

Established Member
Yay. I get to link with that lot.

Luton Town have been in serious trouble with the authorities as well in recent years. Only, unlike West Sham, they didn't get off lightly.

gg1

Established Member
Preston's only two league titles were won in consecutive seasons, the same is true of Portsmouth.

Ivo

Established Member
Are Celtic this forum's most hated club or something? :?

Stalybridge Celtic also use the word "Celtic" in their name.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
I see we have reached the Conference North

Hyde FC and Stalybridge Celtic(founder members in 1921 of Third Division North) are both based in Tameside, but Hyde FC are still worthy of a mention in this quiz as they hold the unfortunate distinction of being the side to suffer the heaviest defeat in English top-level football, as in 1887 they lost 26-0 away to Preston North End in the FA Cup

Ivo

Established Member
Oh yes, I know of that... a sign of things to come from Preston's perspective :|

North of the border, the record victory is 36-0, set by Arbroath against Bon Accord of Aberdeen. Amazingly, less than 20 miles away in Dundee, a scoreline of 35-0 was set the same day!

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Rangers and Arbroath played in the 1884 Scottish Cup (at Arbroath) and Arbroath won 4-3, but after the match Rangers made a complaint to the SFA about the width of the pitch. The SFA upheld the complaint and ordered the match to be replayed, which this time saw Rangers winning 8-1.

Ivo

Established Member
Sunderland's ground is also served by an underground railway.

A little story for you all: A few years ago, I gave my brother a quiz, which included a question about Ibrox being on the Chocolate Orange. The next day, at work, he was asked the very same question as part of a daily quiz! Needless to say, he got it right...!

Status
Not open for further replies.