• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Football

Established Member
Arsenal will probably emulate Celtic later when they take on Fenerbache.

With No new players, with 26 exiting the door, a injury list (nothing new there) as long as my arm, being humiliated at home on first game of the season, the fans calling for either the Managaer or the board or even both to be gone and to make it just a bit more interesting the yobs from up the road have cornered the transfer market, the fans on the players back make it all look like its going to be another trying and long season that will bring yet another season of woe.

Whatever happened to those days when you enjoyed watching your team?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Arsenal will probably emulate Celtic later when they take on Fenerbache.

With No new players, with 26 exiting the door, a injury list (nothing new there) as long as my arm, being humiliated at home on first game of the season, the fans calling for either the Managaer or the board or even both to be gone and to make it just a bit more interesting the yobs from up the road have cornered the transfer market, the fans on the players back make it all look like its going to be another trying and long season that will bring yet another season of woe.

Whatever happened to those days when you enjoyed watching your team?

Fortunately Fenerbache are another team that cannot travel away very well - Arsenal will qualify

Liam

Established Member
Fortunately Fenerbache are another team that cannot travel away very well - Arsenal will qualify

This is partly why I still have confidence in Celtic progressing, Eastern European teams tend to be poor travellers. Shakhter beat BATE Borisov (a team ranked one place higher than Celtic by UEFA) 1-0 home and away. Next round beat Skenderbeu of Albania 3-0 at home, but were beaten 3-2 in Albania.

SS4

Established Member
To go to Stamford Bridge and threaten to take something from the game right up until full time despite a referee determined to give Chelsea all three points is something to be proud of.

The Premier League have also decided that TV is more important than a proper rest period so we're obliged to play Liverpool on Saturday rather than Sunday which is more often the case when playing on a Wednesday. Still at least we're at Villa Park

Now if only we could keep a clean sheet :(

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Another good win for Darlo on Tuesday night with a 3-0 away win at Bamber Bridge. The game kicked off at 2045 after the Darlo team coach and the referees car were caught in traffic gridlock on the M6.

We travel to Farsely this Saturday and another step into the unknown.

richw

Veteran Member
Tottenham won 5-0 in Europa League Playoff against a team from Europe tonight.
Swansea with 10 mins to go appear to be copying Tottenham's score line, against a team also from somewhere in Europe.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Another good win for Darlo on Tuesday night with a 3-0 away win at Bamber Bridge. The game kicked off at 2045 after the Darlo team coach and the referees car were caught in traffic gridlock on the M6.

We travel to Farsely this Saturday and another step into the unknown.

This new league will certainly give you a new insight into the geography of Northern England.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
*************************************************************************************************

Wrexham 2...Hyde 2

A more workmanlike performance by Hyde sees them come away with a point from what looked to be a very difficult away fixture.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
*************************************************************************************************

Oldham Athletic 3...Port Vale 1

The "other Rooney" scores two goals for the Latics.

Last edited:

familyguy99

Oldham Athletic 3...Port Vale 1

The "other Rooney" scores two goals for the Latics.

A good game it was and Oldham dessert the victory :) the game change when ours goalkeeper saved Hughes penalty when score line was 1-1 but should never been penalty in first place as lineman reward penalty to Port Vale but from where I was sit it didn't look like penalty and also ref had shocking game too.

I don't think they any Doncaster fans on this thread but I bet they are not happy tonight special been 3-1 up at Half time only for ref to abandoned the match because pitch was waterlogged.

Dunfermline fans must be happy tonight as they was losing 3-0 to Stenhousemuir then with three mins to go found themselves 4-2 down only to win 5-4 with two goals coming in 90th mins.

Last edited:

SS4

Established Member
A poor result for the Villa this evening but one our performance deserved if I'm being honest.

richw

Veteran Member
A poor result for the Villa this evening but one our performance deserved if I'm being honest.

I didn't think you played too badly, Mignolet and Toure don't look like they're going to let much through at the moment.

gnolife

Established Member
Alty 3 - 0 Stockport County. Very even first half, but a 43rd minute opener really demoralised them. Thimk it's pretty likely that they'll be in Northern Prem next season.

CC 72100

Established Member
I didn't think you played too badly, Mignolet and Toure don't look like they're going to let much through at the moment.

Indeed. Could tell that from watching the very brief highlight on Canal + earlier. I must say that Sturridge did well for the goal. He's going to be a key player for Liverpool this season, and if he stays fit, in form and with the right approach, I think he will be one of the first picks for the England squad. Everyone mocked him/Liverpool in January when they signed him - I thought everyone was wrong and had read too much into his time at Chelsea where opportunities were few and far between. He had a good loan spell at Bolton where he had a regular run in the team, combine that with the service that he gets at Liverpool (superior to Bolton, no offence) and I for one am not at all surprised at how well things have gone for him at Anfield.

12CSVT

Established Member
Unlucky Fort William were ahead for most of the game against Huntly but finally lost 3-2, thanks to an 87th minute goal.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Unlucky Fort William were ahead for most of the game against Huntly but finally lost 3-2, thanks to an 87th minute goal.

Indeed they have been better defensively than Strathspey Thistle in the four Highland League this season and whilst both clubs are boasting the "Eurovision Song Contest" nil points total, the respective goal differences are:-
Fort William............Minus 9 ...(2.25 per game)
Strathspey Thistle...Minus 18.. (4.50 per game)

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Rollercoaster ride is all I can say today.

6-1 then 5-1. By that pattern we will lose 4-1 again at Watford on Wednesday night, and probably be winning something like 18-1 by the time it gets to Millwall at the end of the season. ;) I'll take that.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Rollercoaster ride is all I can say today.

6-1 then 5-1. By that pattern we will lose 4-1 again at Watford on Wednesday night, and probably be winning something like 18-1 by the time it gets to Millwall at the end of the season. ;) I'll take that.

Don't forget the mathematical goals-conceded progression that Aston Villa produced last season, that started with the "8" conceded at Chelsea. This carried on for a good number of weeks.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Don't forget the mathematical goals-conceded progression that Aston Villa produced last season, that started with the "8" conceded at Chelsea. This carried on for a good number of weeks.

I prefer to look on the bright side, whatever that may be, looking at our performances away from home. :(

Ironically we haven't really done too badly performance-wise, but the Huddersfield commentator summed it up pretty well yesterday in two words: too open.

richw

Veteran Member
Cardiff City have announced their arrival. Cardiff City 3 Manchester City 2. Manchester City were 1-0 up, then swung to 3-1 Cardiff.

Now the first 2 rounds of games to see where the teams are to I expect Manchester United, Chelsea, Tottenham and Liverpool for my top 4 prediction. Chelsea or Man Utd to win the league.
Newcastle, palace and Norwich to be relegated.

CC 72100

Established Member
As much as they didn't show it this afternoon (Well done Cardiff!) I still think City will be right up there. There's never a good time to drop points mind, but so early on in the season meaning that the likes of Spurs, United or Chelsea could have 3 points lead on them after 2 games isn't ideal.

Of course, United lost their opening game last year, away at Everton, so what I've written could be complete rubbish!

as its now an ongoing criminal investigation I have taken my post down. However this incident is now being reported in the local papers.

in better news. we won 2-1.

Last edited:

CC 72100

Established Member
Wow. That's shocking! Hope the guy isn't too seriously hurt, but bloody hell, that's disgraceful.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
That is absolutely disgraceful. Morons like that have no place in football and should be locked up and keys thrown away.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
I remember Farsley when they were known as Farsley Celtic. They are one of the better sides in your league, which I ask you to remember is one grade higher than the league that you were in last season.

doesn't matter we were dreadful and gave them 4 goals! We made it easy for them. I took some pictures which you will find here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/darlo2009/9601109652/ & here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/darlo2009/sets/72157625951190269/

Today we beat Kendal 3-1 but played poorly again. Defensively we look very shaky to say the last. However three points will be happily accepted. We have a fortnight off now as the good people at the FA wont let us in the FA cup yet.

familyguy99

I see Stockport County lose again this afternoon 1-0 to Colwyn Bay in Skrill conference north division mean they have lose three of four games so far this season.

Also I see Altrincham is going well in that division, won 2-1 against Vauxhall Motors this afternoon and top of Skrill conference north division and only team in that division to have 100% record, I wonder if Altrincham will still be top of that division come end of April.