• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Football

ralphchadkirk

Established Member
And the above posts illustrate why violence will never be taken out of football. I'm very saddened to see a fan condoning violence against a manager purely because he has said something that the fan doesn't like. We have a thing in this country called freedom of speech. We have another thing to help us be civilised, and that makes letter bombs, threats and assaults illegal.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
And the above posts illustrate why violence will never be taken out of football. I'm very saddened to see a fan condoning violence against a manager purely because he has said something that the fan doesn't like. We have a thing in this country called freedom of speech. We have another thing to help us be civilised, and that makes letter bombs, threats and assaults illegal.

I never said I approve of what they do, I'm just leaving them to do whatever they like. Even if I don't approve of it, what can I do to stop it? Unfortunately, he got himself into this, he's gonna have to get out of this.

Darandio

Established Member
I never said I approve of what they do, I'm just leaving them to do whatever they like. Even if I don't approve of it, what can I do to stop it? Unfortunately, he got himself into this, he's gonna have to get out of this.

Got himself into what? This was happening long before the most recent events. The first time around, he was receiving death threats from sectarian groups simply because he was playing for Celtic, nothing more.

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Got himself into what? This was happening long before the most recent events. The first time around, he was receiving death threats from sectarian groups simply because he was playing for Celtic, nothing more.

He displayed open contempt for a united Britain, he also spat on Rangers scarves, at fans, and sang pro-Irish secretarian songs. Together with this, he also captained Northern Ireland, a country with strong Rangers support, of course that didn't go down well. He is just a loud mouthed anti-Brit, and when you go to captain a country with strong support for his enemy, what did he expect?

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
I'll bet the Welsh wouldn't be happy with me for suggesting such a thing. ;)

No, but don;t worry, I won't be sending you any bombs or death threats!

However as I have sung Irish rebel songs and want an independent Wales Is hould probably expect to receive some.

ACE1888

Disappointing but predictable end to the SPL, like it or not the Best team over a season wins the League, sadly it wasn't to be us, Bl**dy Caley Thistle..again!!
Still the Cup Final next Saturday though!
C'Mon The Hoops

lm321412

Get them all out, disgusted :cry: :cry:

I can't believe that we are going down, when joke teams like Blackpool have a good chance of staying up.

Gutted...

EM2

Established Member
I was willing to give Grant the benefit of the doubt, depending on how he spent in January, and come the end of the window, I was hopeful, especially with performances like the home games against Liverpool and Stoke.
But it looks like he doesn't know how to motivate a team, or make important tactical changes, and it's that, as well as general poor performances from too many players, that have cost us.
I'd be very surprised (but delighted) if Parker and Green stayed. I don't think Parker will go to Spurs, not sure they need him or that he'd want to.Cole *might* stay but to be honest, I don't really care. The players I want to stay are the lads like Collison and Tomkins, who are hungry for it.

Eng274

Its quite interesting that apart from West Ham, two out of the five bottom teams will be relegated, there'll be a few thousand squeaky bums up and down England next weekend...

SS4

Established Member
Le Arse 1-2 Villa :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Come on you Spurs !!!!

Not looking good though. Blackpool are at Old Trafford (the bastion of neutrality) and Wigan are at the Britannia and one of them also needs to get something

SS4

Established Member
But there will be at least six changes to the man united team.

I would expect a weakened man u to beat Blackpool though, especially with their defensive record. Even if Blackpool are winning there is the infinite injury time, One can still hope though

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Well done to Telford and Ebbsfleet who join Alfreton and Braintree in the Conference next season!

Minilad

Established Member
Not looking good though. Blackpool are at Old Trafford (the bastion of neutrality) and Wigan are at the Britannia and one of them also needs to get something

They don't need to win though. They just need to lose by less than the noses !!
I can honestly see Blackpool and Wigan getting results against opposition that have nothing to play for.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Well done to Telford and Ebbsfleet who join Alfreton and Braintree in the Conference next season!

from a personal point of view i am happy to see Telfors, Ebsfleet and Braintree come up. If i was still in Darlo i might not be so happy!

BTW we won something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FA Trophy winner 2011!