• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Football

DarloRich

Veteran Member
In a move that will shock absolutely no one the BBC have decided to show Salford live again. What a surprise

quelle surprise each club £70 odd k better off :roll:

Plus half the gate receipts. I know that's not from TV but every little helps to small clubs.

Luckily the monkeians don't get many in and Salford have about 4 fans ;)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Antman

Established Member
Always thought Sherwood came across well in interviews both at Villa and previously at Tottenham. Then again the same could be said of Chris Powell, Kit Symons, and Gary Bowyer who've all recently received their P45s. Just goes to show, in football even more than in other arenas, that fine words butter no parsnips!

Each to their own opinion but from what I heard of Sherwood doing interviews he talked a load of waffle
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Former Sunderland and Ipswich Town goalkeeper Marton Fulop has died from cancer aged 32 https://t.co/66siqy3mfV https://t.co/hzNQJUxEdg

Very sad news, RIP

SS4

Established Member
quelle surprise each club £70 odd k better off :roll:

Luckily the monkeians don't get many in and Salford have about 4 fans ;)

It's in the BBC Sport contract that preferential treatment must be shown to Greater Manchester. Or at least it wouldn't surprise me if it were

Johnuk123

Established Member
It's in the BBC Sport contract that preferential treatment must be shown to Greater Manchester. Or at least it wouldn't surprise me if it were

If this team get through they will probably be on again in the 3rd round.

We've had documentaries on Ferguson and Rooney, 2 shows about Salford
and now 2 fa cup ties featuring them.

Small teams really rely on the tv money so wouldn't the BBC be better giving it to a team that's not owned by a bunch of millionaires.

Johnuk123

Established Member
My point exactly

I bet the BBC was really upset that FC Manchester didn't get through and get drawn against Salford they would have just loved that one.
If Salford get through to the third round and draw Man Utd the BBC sport office will look like a plasterers radio

To really rub in the obsession with everything Man U. they've even moved to Salford so they can be as near as possible.

SS4

Established Member
If Salford get through to the third round and draw Man Utd the BBC sport office will look like a plasterers radio

Perhaps they may "adjust" the draw to make it happen? Just like when we were meant to get Newcastle but instead got Manchester that one year

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Whilst not being a fan of Manchester United by any means, as my past posting record will reveal on this thread, I did have to remonstrate with those geographically-challenged forum members over a two year period, who erroneously used to insist that Manchester United were based in Salford (which unfortunately caused grief in the Salford City Council business tax division but joy in the similar department of Trafford Council).

Now these same forum members actually have a Salford club to write about on this thread..:D
****************************************************************************************************

Spain 2...England 0

Moving from the Euro qualifying group stages with a 100% record saw England play this international friendly against a better team on the night and I wonder how the England team management viewed the performance of some of "the new hopefuls" when pitted against the skill levels of Spain as a benchmark of what to expect in the Euro competition proper once it starts.

richw

Veteran Member
Tuesday's game looking likely to be postponed. Is scheduled to play France at Wembley,

Karl

On Moderation
Tuesday's game looking likely to be postponed. Is scheduled to play France at Wembley,

This game has got to go ahead and with a full 80,000 attendance to show our support against terrorism.

My thoughts and feelings are with the innocent people and their families and all Parisians too.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
This game has got to go ahead and with a full 80,000 attendance to show our support against terrorism.

Don't you also see that this would offer an opportunity for British home-grown Islamic terrorists to both attack the French military stance and to make a warning about any similar British military incusions on "The Caliphate".

This match has been known for some time and how long do you think it would take to vet all the 80,000 attendees you state. This match is naught but a friendly and has no significance whatsoever.

SS4

Established Member
Apparently the friendly is to go ahead although tonight's under 20 match has been postponed

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34129999

England's friendly against France at Wembley on Tuesday will go ahead after a series of attacks in Paris that have killed at least 128 people.

Three suicide bombers died in blasts outside the Stade de France while France played Germany on Friday.

But French Football Federation president (FFF) Noel le Graet said Les Bleus would travel to London.

The Football Association said: "In solidarity with the FFF we fully respect and support this decision."

The FA also said that the England Under-20s match against France on Saturday had been postponed.

familyguy99

Shock result in League One.

Chesterfield 1-2 Oldham

Oldham came from behind to win for only third time this season. :D

We now play three home games in row and given we only won four times at Boundary Park in whole of 2015, I'm hopeful that we changed in next 10 days time.

In a move that will shock absolutely no one the BBC have decided to show Salford live again. What a surprise

No surprise to see BBC going for Salford v Hartlepool match but was surprise to see BT have choice Rochdale v Bury as one of there Round two picking :o I would thought they gone for Welling v Carlisle given is non league teams vs football league team.

backontrack

Established Member
No surprise to see BBC going for Salford v Hartlepool match but was surprise to see BT have choice Rochdale v Bury as one of there Round two picking :o I would thought they gone for Welling v Carlisle given is non league teams vs football league team.

Local derby.

Antman

Established Member

My thoughts and feelings are with the innocent people and their families and all Parisians too.

Really pleased it's going ahead, the result won't matter one iota but the fact it is going ahead is a victory for all concerned, terrorist will never win.

Drogba11CFC

Winchester City 2...Shortwood United 1 (Benham 50, Roberts 81; Staley 32)

Winchester City won again to remain 3rd and record their 6th consecutive win in the league in a rather bad-tempered game. The referee seemed to heavily favour the visitors in the first half, giving out yellows to City players for two mistimed tackles but doing nothing when another City player was poleaxed. Shortwood held the lead at half time but Matt Benham equalised in the second half before each side had a goal disallowed. With ten minutes left, Adam Roberts' cross was helped in by the wind and City held on to remain third. One wonders what Jose Mourinho would have made of it all...

LuSiVe

Shock result in League One.

Chesterfield 1-2 Oldham

Oldham came from behind to win for only third time this season. :D

We now play three home games in row and given we only won four times at Boundary Park in whole of 2015, I'm hopeful that we changed in next 10 days time.

Yet again we were absolutely awful at home. Sitting back on a 1-0 lead and not even attempting to score a second, especially in those conditions with the likelihood of a slip was madness.

I hope the Oldham fan that had CPR and carried away in an ambulance can recover. Not a great day with a minute's silence for Paris, applause for the horribly early death of an ex-player and then the distressing sight of that. Football really wasn't important at all yesterday :(

richw

Veteran Member
I wonder what Midnight Flyer thinks of the appointment of Paul Lambert as the new manager of Blackburn Rovers.

Good appointment if the board don't interfere and give him the support.

Barring villa he has been successful everywhere, even tempted to say he did well at villa for the resources he had and a chairman who's lost interest and won't invest.

96tommy

I've got tickets for England v France at Wembley tomorrow night and have had them for a couple of months now but unsure whether to go or not given the safety threat. Living in Central London it is something I have to get used to but would feel uneasy going tomorrow

Butts

Veteran Member
I've got tickets for England v France at Wembley tomorrow night and have had them for a couple of months now but unsure whether to go or not given the safety threat. Living in Central London it is something I have to get used to but would feel uneasy going tomorrow

Well if you live in Central London that is always going to be more of a target than say Falkirk ......

It's not just Wembley but the whole City.

I suppose you either have to accept it or move out ?