• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Football

Tetchytyke

Veteran Member
Mourinho's blatantly been trying to get himself sacked since at least October. He's due a £30m payoff if he is. Abramovich isn't someone to pay £30m to let Mourinho go manage someone else. It'll be interesting to see who blinks first.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Minilad

Established Member
At last. Salford are out. Luckily for the media they can all move on to Valencia for their "class of 92" fix now
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Mourinho's blatantly been trying to get himself sacked since at least October. He's due a £30m payoff if he is. Abramovich isn't someone to pay £30m to let Mourinho go manage someone else. It'll be interesting to see who blinks first.

I hope someone hurries up and blinks first as I have a £20 bet with a Chelsea fan at work that the "special one" won't be there next season :lol:

Antman

Established Member

But if that's what he is doing would any other club want him?

HMS Ark Royal

Established Member
At last. Salford are out. Luckily for the media they can all move on to Valencia for their "class of 92" fix now

I hope someone hurries up and blinks first as I have a £20 bet with a Chelsea fan at work that the "special one" won't be there next season :lol:

And there is someone here that I have a bet with that he leaves before December 31st

Antman

Established Member
As usual, the draw for the 3rd round of the FA Cup has made for interesting reading. One can but hope for the old shock result occurring.

I'm afraid I struggle to muster much enthusiasm for the FA Cup these days, a shadow of what it once was and I must confess to have taken little more than a cursory glance at the 3rd round draw:(

Cletus

Established Member
Mourinho sacked. Probably lucky to have lasted until now, the way managers are sacked in the current era.

David

Established Member
B****r! That's Scunthorpe United dreams of an upset blown away. Oh well, a hefty payday from a full Stamford Bridge and live TV coverage will have to do ....

Antman

Established Member
Mourinho sacked. Probably lucky to have lasted until now, the way managers are sacked in the current era.

Look how long Wenger has survived, a serial under achiever!

Hopefully one we'll find out what really happened at Chelsea since winning the title last May?

richw

Veteran Member

Hopefully one we'll find out what really happened at Chelsea since winning the title last May?

I would say Wenger has overachieved. Its hard to believe but Arsenal were a bottom half team when he took over (much like Chelsea today). Consistent top 4 with some titles thrown in sounds a good achievement especially considering the clubs low transfer spend.

Minilad

Established Member
I bet Chelsea hammer Sunderland at the weekend now the players are free of the person they obviously wanted rid of.
Jose seems to be continuing his MO of only lasting a few years at a club before he p****s everyone off and makes his position untenable. He is very very epitome of the jam today manager.
I wonder what he would be like if he had to start from scratch at a smaller club build them up and develop them. It's easy to be successful when you start from a high base.

HMS Ark Royal

Established Member
I bet Chelsea hammer Sunderland at the weekend now the players are free of the person they obviously wanted rid of.
Jose seems to be continuing his MO of only lasting a few years at a club before he p****s everyone off and makes his position untenable. He is very very epitome of the jam today manager.
I wonder what he would be like if he had to start from scratch at a smaller club build them up and develop them. It's easy to be successful when you start from a high base.

Make him be the next Manager of Histon

richw

Veteran Member
Complete Irony that Ranieri was sacked in 2004 to bring in Mourinho and now a defeat to Ranieri's Leicester put the final nail in Jose's coffin.

12CSVT

Established Member

Should have happened the day he tarnished the reputation of both his club and the game of football by trying to blame the club doctor for a poor result at the start of the season.

RichmondCommu

Established Member
As a Derby fan it was pretty clear that many of the Chelsea players were not interested in running themselves into the ground for their manager. As a season ticket holder of many years this really gets on my goat, even though I don't support Chelsea. What about all the poor sods who pay out a small fortune for season tickets / match day tickets / travel costs to watch a bunch of lazy gits who don't want to play for the 'manager' The attitude of the likes of Costa and Hazard this season has been nothing short of a disgrace and yet they continue to earn handsome salaries. I'm sick and tired about all this nonsense of not playing for the manager, play for the bloody crowd who turn up to support you.

However if you at the constraints under which he's had to operate he's actually done rather well. They are debt free, have a fantastic stadium and assuming that they get knocked out by Barca may well win the league. I say that because many of their players are now on the way back from injury and their defence is more reliable than Manchester City's.

Last edited: