• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Football

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Well, good riddance to Heckingbottom!
Really?
AIUI Barnsley were mid-table in League One when he took over, he got you promoted and to a decent mid-table finish in his first Championship season despite having most of his players sold from under him. I can understand bitterness for him leaving, especially to Leeds who everyone loves to hate (HIS words, incidentally), but I can't understand the resentment for his time in charge. It's been a tough season for Barnsley on and off the field, but could another manager have done better? I'm not convinced.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Darandio

Established Member
Really?
AIUI Barnsley were mid-table in League One when he took over, he got you promoted and to a decent mid-table finish in his first Championship season despite having most of his players sold from under him. I can understand bitterness for him leaving, especially to Leeds who everyone loves to hate (HIS words, incidentally), but I can't understand the resentment for his time in charge. It's been a tough season for Barnsley on and off the field, but could another manager have done better? I'm not convinced.

I can see both sides to it, he only signed a new Barnsley contract on Friday! It was only a 12 month rolling contract though, despite all of his good work.

1st round of the 2019-2022 Premier League Rights Auction today did not produce any winners - off into a Round 2 on Monday and probable announcement on Tuesday.

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
1st round of the 2019-2022 Premier League Rights Auction today did not produce any winners - off into a Round 2 on Monday and probable announcement on Tuesday.

Hmmm... could this be a sign that the market has peaked? Probably not, but it wouldn't be a bad thing if it had.

After the replay, is there extra time and penalties?
:lol::lol::lol:

Wolves 2-1 QPR - another 3 points on the road back! Goals by Alfred N'Diaye and Helder Costa (his 1st in donkeys) - coupled with other results put us 13 clear of Derby County in 2nd and 15 Clear of Aston Villa in 3rd. I don't think I'll contain myself when the maths confirm it!

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Evo Stik First Division North

Hyde United 1....Colne 0

Unlike some other matches in the area that were postponed, Hyde's match went ahead at home to a good mid-table side that defended stoutly all the game. Hyde scored their only goal in the 12th minute. This result lifts them to second place in the division.

Drogba11CFC

Winchester City 2...Didcot Town 0 (Barron 48, 55 pen, Brice s/o 61; Cattell s/o 54)

Winchester City are back in the top 6 after a hard fought victory. Captain Jamie Barron opened the scoring with a lob from his own half before a penalty doubled the lead, although the dismissal of Adam Brice for a second yellow card made things harder than they needed to be.

Other Results:

Evesham United 2...Cirencester Town 5

Larkhall Athletic 1...Wimborne Town 3

Yate Town 0...Taunton Town 2

League Table:

1. Taunton Town 27/68
======================
2. Salisbury 28/56
---------------------------------------
3. Bristol Manor Farm 28/49
4. Winchester City 29/49
5. Evesham United 29/49
6. Didcot Town 30/49

familyguy99

Blackburn 2-2 Oldham

Oldham were 2-0 at half time but Blackburn fought back in second half to ditch Latics victory at Ewood park. (Still very good point for Oldham knowing they were playing for last 10/15 mins with 10 men) Oldham stay in 21st places and now have big match against MK Dons on Tues night.

Rochdale P-P Fleetwood

No surprise to see this match got call off today and notices Rochdale are planning to relay pitch at Spotland for upcoming FA Cup match against Tottenham next Sunday.

Established Member
A good 2-0 win for Liverpool today, I'm happy with that.

Yet another draw for Sheffield Wednesday, who I still think could get relegated if they don't start winning games very soon.

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
We've finally won a league game this year...!

In other news, Bradford City have named Simon Grayson as manager. Their fans can look forward to hoofball, but fairly effective hoofball when it comes to getting out of League One!

roversfan2001

Established Member
In other news, Bradford City have named Simon Grayson as manager. Their fans can look forward to hoofball, but fairly effective hoofball when it comes to getting out of League One!
That's a great appointment, slightly concerning from our point of view though - we're faltering a bit and there's every chance they could catch us if they went on a run; Grayson knows what he's doing.

Clip

Established Member
Well well well - I cant remember the last time I had such a bum twitching last 5 minutes of a game like that yesterday but well done nufc that was a perfect end to the week

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Bradford Park Avenune 0 v Darlington 1 - Recent form revival continues with a great away win at a play off chasing side. Third win in a row and unbeaten in 5. Darlo are now 5 points above the relegation zone. Next up Brackley away which will be tough.

In other news Simon Grayson continues his tour of Yorkshire League clubs by taking over at Bratfud City!

Drogba11CFC

Winchester City 2...Didcot Town 0 (Barron 48, 55 pen, Brice s/o 61; Cattell s/o 54)

Winchester City are back in the top 6 after a hard fought victory. Captain Jamie Barron opened the scoring with a lob from his own half before a penalty doubled the lead, although the dismissal of Adam Brice for a second yellow card made things harder than they needed to be.

Other Results:

Evesham United 2...Cirencester Town 5

Larkhall Athletic 1...Wimborne Town 3

Yate Town 0...Taunton Town 2

League Table:

1. Taunton Town 27/68
======================
2. Salisbury 28/56
---------------------------------------
3. Bristol Manor Farm 28/49
4. Winchester City 29/49
5. Evesham United 29/49
6. Didcot Town 30/49

And for the record, here's the first goal.

https://twitter.com/fc_video/status/962397348390424576

Old Yard Dog

Established Member
Bradford Park Avenune 0 v Darlington 1 - Recent form revival continues with a great away win at a play off chasing side. Third win in a row and unbeaten in 5. Darlo are now 5 points above the relegation zone. Next up Brackley away which will be tough.

In other news Simon Grayson continues his tour of Yorkshire League clubs by taking over at Bratfud City!

I was impressed with Darlington on Saturday. You had a well-organized defence and your forwards caused us just enough up trouble upfront to warrant your 1-0 win. How on earth are you so far down the league?

DarloRich

Veteran Member
I was impressed with Darlington on Saturday. You had a well-organized defence and your forwards caused us just enough up trouble upfront to warrant your 1-0 win. How on earth are you so far down the league?

Confidence. Unbeaten in the last 5 winning 3 in a row. Before that one win in 12. We couldn't defend and made lots of silly errors.

Karl

On Moderation
I'll have nowt said bad about Simon Grayson! He did more than good at 'North End. He's a proper old fashioned manager and long live his style. Bradford for promotion, no worries!

Established Member
It was nice to finally get a win again tonight, with a 2-0 victory over Derby County.

And for info (even though it's been public for 4 hours): the Premier League Rights Auction has seen:

Sky win 128 matches (+2 games per season) from 4 Packages
BT win 32 matches (-10 games per season) from 1 Package

2 Packages still be sold - of which Amazon are firmly in the running for 40 games which are 4 sets of all 10 fixtures being shown live: 3 Midweek and 1 during a Bank Holiday, with the 5 packages so far being sold for a shade just under £4.5 Billion: a massive fall from the £5.136 Billion got 3 years ago.

Kite159

Veteran Member
Isn't it £4.5 Billion after 5 out of 7 compared to £5.1 after all the packages? So depending how much the remaining two go for could make the difference.

I can see some football fans not being happy if they need to sign up for another provider to get all the games

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Isn't it £4.5 Billion after 5 out of 7 compared to £5.1 after all the packages? So depending how much the remaining two go for could make the difference.

I can see some football fans not being happy if they need to sign up for another provider to get all the games

As long as Radio 5 continue to hold the radio rights there is no need to sign up to anything ;)

Tetchytyke

Veteran Member

I'm pleased, a proven track record at this level and not a complete tactical dunderhead like McCall.

But then I said the same about Peter Taylor...

Clip

Established Member
It was rather agonising being in the stand, I thought that final whistle was never coming

ha ha I bet it was torture. Got a call off me dad just after he left the ground and he was out of breath lol