• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Football

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

fowler9

Established Member
Cheers chaps
it's a shame, I used to like popping to Holly Farm Park to watch South Liverpool. I would stand on the terrace at the far end from the entrance and also watch the trains going through Allerton station which you got an excellent view of. My nan used to live in the flats on Highbank Drive the other side of the Northern Line and from her balcony you got a good view of that end of the ground and also the trains going through Allerton.

familyguy99

FA Cup Second Round
Maidstone 0-2 Oldham

Good win this for Latics and now I'm hoping that Latics can get one of big top 6 teams (or any Premiership club) in third round draw on Monday night.

Iskra

Established Member
Sheff Utd 0 Leeds 1

Great away performance from Leeds, possible playing for a point but gifted all three due to a howler from Sheffield Utd GK Henderson. The same Leeds team last year would have bottled it in the face of the Blades physical approach.

I was in the home end for this one, but nevertheless enjoyed myself.

Creates a bit of gap below us if the Villa-Boro result stays the same.

Also, last time we won at Brammal Lane, we won the league that year...

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Evo-Stik Premier League

Hyde United 3 ... Grantham Town 0

Hyde converted a 3rd minute penalty to give them a good start to the game and then scored a second goal after 29 minutes. Typical mid-table clash to which Hyde then added a third goal late in the second half to produce an excellent result and this win lifts them up to 10th place in the league.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Chester 3 v Darlo 1

Awful. Clueless. useless. Terrible performance followed by an incredible interview where our manager indicated that many of the team were not training. No wonder we are bobbins! Outrageous. We are going down unless something changes.

Established Member
Liverpool 1-0 Everton.

I lost my voice celebrating Divock Origi's 96th minute winning goal.

youngiecj

Chorley 1 Boston 1. Good point away from home. Already used our 40th player of the season. Who promptly went off injured after 20 minutes!:D

greyman42

Established Member
Bet Pickford’s really regretting his tweet saying he wouldn’t make blunders like Alisson.

Womp womp.
I have always thought that Pickford is a couple of inches short for a top keeper and I think that is what caught him out on this occasion.

Established Member
Liverpool's first game in the 2018/19 FA Cup will be an away match against Wolverhampton Wanderers.

I think Wolves are a decent team, so it's definitely not going to be an easy fixture.

fowler9

Established Member
Liverpool's first game in the 2018/19 FA Cup will be an away match against Wolverhampton Wanderers.

I think Wolves are a decent team, so it's definitely not going to be an easy fixture.
Will be interesting, they are a bit short of form as are we.

FGW_Lad

Easy draw for United. Reading have been shocking this season, if we manage to get away without a hammering then we'd have done well!

familyguy99

Oldham got away trip to Premiership side Fulham in Third round ties. Not bad ties that for Latics and sure we probably take few thousand to Craven Cottage.

I see Blackpool or Solihull Moor have got Arsenal at home. it be interesting to see what happens if Blackpool win that replay match as I sure they fans still boycotting home matches at Bloomfield Road so wonder if fans will turn up for Arsenal match or still be boycott the match.