• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Football

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
The other shoe has finally dropped.

Now Garth Crooks has the audacity to question the integrity of our team's performances for the rest of the season... we've been garbage up until now, is he worried we might start winning?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Puffing Devil

Established Member
Oldham 2-0 Grimsby

Oldham first game since Scholes resign and it was good win for Latics which keep them in outside chance of making play offs but probably need to win two games in hand on other teams around them started on Tues night against in form Tranmere.

I was there for the other side... Disappointing performance for the Mariners. Goalmouth scramble for the first and never really in it for the second half, never threatening up front. Well worked corner for your second. Fair result and I'm glad that we put in a decent shift at the start of the season not to be too worried about relegation. Yet.

Same here! In Block 506 and after yesterday has nerves beginning to swarm the soul
Wolves never looked like scoring yesterday. Can see a more shadow squad being utilised Tuesday night. Traore was probably our best player yesterday.
Onwards and upwards....

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Liverpool 2-1 Spurs.

We were very, very lucky to get that result!
Good to see though. Hoping the title race goes your way.

Hope we can play for the rest of the season with a bit of freedom, maybe prove Garth Slug right by winning a few... but I hope you beat us at Anfield if it stops City getting closer to our "3 in a row" club!

Iskra

Established Member
Leeds 3 Millwall 2

It was a fiery and tumultuous encounter against the club who are the closest thing we have to a genuine rival at Elland Road yesterday, which saw Leeds regain the initiative over Sheffield United in the quest for second best. Bristol City deserve some credit for scoring 3 against a Sheffield Utd defence that hadn't conceded in the previous 7 games.

No time for celebrations, 7 games remain. It's going to be interesting...

Established Member
Good to see though. Hoping the title race goes your way.

Hope we can play for the rest of the season with a bit of freedom, maybe prove Garth Slug right by winning a few... but I hope you beat us at Anfield if it stops City getting closer to our "3 in a row" club!

Thanks, hopefully it does. :)

It's a shame to see Huddersfield relegated IMO, hopefully you'll come back up again quickly.

greyman42

Established Member
Leeds 3 Millwall 2

It was a fiery and tumultuous encounter against the club who are the closest thing we have to a genuine rival at Elland Road yesterday, which saw Leeds regain the initiative over Sheffield United in the quest for second best. Bristol City deserve some credit for scoring 3 against a Sheffield Utd defence that hadn't conceded in the previous 7 games.

No time for celebrations, 7 games remain. It's going to be interesting...
Why do you consider a club 200 miles from Leeds as a genuine rival?

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member

It's a shame to see Huddersfield relegated IMO, hopefully you'll come back up again quickly.
I'm not sure I do want to come back, not straight away anyway. Of course I want us to do well but there's a feeling of "been there, done that" about the Premier League now- it isn't a novelty.

Groningen

Established Member
Alfredo Morelos of Rangers picking up his 5th red card for the season. Must be a WC in that category!

Established Member
I'm not sure I do want to come back, not straight away anyway. Of course I want us to do well but there's a feeling of "been there, done that" about the Premier League now- it isn't a novelty.

Yeah, I agree with you there.

I'm hoping my second team, Sheffield Wednesday, get promoted at some point though. They've certainly been playing better football since Steve Bruce took over.

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Yeah, I agree with you there.

I'm hoping my second team, Sheffield Wednesday, get promoted at some point though. They've certainly been playing better football since Steve Bruce took over.
I'll never forgive Steve Bruce for allowing Marcus Stewart to be sold to Ipswich. We could have had our Premier League adventure two decades earlier!

fowler9

Established Member

Yeah, sad to see Huddersfield go down as I like them. Went to see them play Watford a good few years back on the first day of the season. Also met a chap who went on to be the club chaplain in Kefalonia a few years back (I think he still is). Him and his wife were wonderful and drive us around the Island on several occasions in their hire car. Me and the ex don't drive.

Kite159

Veteran Member
Going to be interesting with the battle for 7th Place (that is assuming Man City win the FA Cup and the Europa League spot goes to 7th place) with 5 teams around the same points. The battle for 3rd to 6th will also be interesting for a neutral, all to play for.

I assume Fulham will join Huddersfield in playing in the Championship next season, with Cardiff likely to follow suit

WelshBluebird

Established Member
I assume Fulham will join Huddersfield in playing in the Championship next season, with Cardiff likely to follow suit

I wouldn't be so sure of that with us. Still a little optimistic, especially after our display against Chelsea (regardless of the result and the officiating incompetence that was on show, and how poor Chelsea were, I am very happy with the performance) and we have a winnable game in hand on Burnley (against Brighton, who are themselves falling into the fun at the bottom), and have Burnley themselves still to play. Added to that their run in is ever so slightly harder than ours (though it isn't nice for either of us - and both of us have horrible last games). It is going to be damn close I think!

For the 2ND Time in 17 Days: Wolverhampton Wanderers 2-1 Manchester United!

Just like some of the more struggling teams have discovered our system, we have fully figured out Utd’s, with 2 superb wins in 17 days!

Super goal by Diogo Jota; another 2 assists by Raul Jimenez and a Ref actually giving us some luck at last, with deserved 2 yellows and red for Young.

To Wembley on Sunday!

CC 72100

Established Member
For the 2ND Time in 17 Days: Wolverhampton Wanderers 2-1 Manchester United!

Just like some of the more struggling teams have discovered our system, we have fully figured out Utd’s, with 2 superb wins in 17 days!

Super goal by Diogo Jota; another 2 assists by Raul Jimenez and a Ref actually giving us some luck at last, with deserved 2 yellows and red for Young.

To Wembley on Sunday!

As a United fan I have to disagree slightly with that.

FA cup game - absolutely, we were well beaten and deservedly so.

Last night- not the case for me. United had good, good chances that we really should have scored (Lukaku header early on, Lingard header when we were 1-0 up). For the first 60 minutes or so, United were the better team. Fred giving the ball away (he really is woeful) for your equaliser, Young giving the ball away and trying to make up for it (deserved yellow) for the sending off, and Smalling - who had a poor game - bundling into his own net.

But you've got to score when you have your chances- that is what Wolves were far better at doing last night than us.

In short, result the same but performances very different. Best of luck for the cup semi-final.

Good goal by McTomeny (or however you spell it lol). Got to give credit to Rui Patricio for keeping out four good chances. Three may have been at him, but he still has to keep them out and defence did their job resolutely. He has had some stick recently so glad he had a good game. Once Wolves equalised, United went back into their shell and did not quite know how to break us down. Shame Cav could not have wrapped up a great night again at the end but....

Wemberrlleeyyyyyyy...... Here we come... In force!!

I also believe Wolves are the only team in the semis to have sold out their complete allocation of tickets, including an additional 1300 to the 33000 already sold.

Darandio

Established Member
I also believe Wolves are the only team in the semis to have sold out their complete allocation of tickets, including an additional 1300 to the 33000 already sold.

With four small clubs in the semis this year it's hardly surprising. Brighton are claiming to have sold their main allocation and have been given an additional 1500.