• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Football

Drogba11CFC

I just cant see him being the right " fit" for Spuds. he doesn't prioritise youth, he will want money, he has played a very dour brand of football, buys solid boring players ( like Matic) and not the fancy dans spuds love and will annoy all of the players inside 12 months. Also his approach has been made to look stone age by the likes of Pep and Klopp

he just doesn't seem the right man for that club.

Buzzing for when he parks the bus against Eastleigh in the FA Cup and grinds out a 1-0 win with a full-strength side.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Darlington 0 v Walsall 1

Lost our cup replay ( live on BT sport) but held our own for much of the game and put on a good show. I think the lack of a decent front man hit us hard as we couldn't hold the ball up enough. Midfield and defense looked good but we couldn't take the chances we created.

Anyway the cash and the exposure is the mos important thing in all of this

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Huddersfield Town 1 - 1 Birmingham City

I'd have taken a point before the game, but the performance certainly deserved all three points with Brum being far and away the worst side to appear at the JSS all season (apart from us under Siewert). Two easy chances missed by Elias Kachunga (who can't seem to recapture his form of our promotion season) and some truly bizarre refereeing decisions conspired to restrict us to just the one goal. Their equaliser was as scrappy a goal as you're likely to see this weekend, but if we'd taken just one of those chances we'd have been fine.

Still, I'm sure we'll be fine this season despite our terrible start. Onwards and upwards...

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
BetVictor Northern Premier League

Stafford Rangers 1 ... Hyde United 3

Both sides scored early first half goals, but Hyde pressed home their advantage over bottom-of-the-table Stafford with two second half goals. This win moved Hyde one place up to ninth in the league.

youngiecj

Atherstone Colleries 1 Boston 0. Out of the FA trophy at the first hurdle. Not too disappointed 8 changes and a big match next week.

gnolife

Established Member
Atherstone Colleries 1 Boston 0. Out of the FA trophy at the first hurdle. Not too disappointed 8 changes and a big match next week.
It's not all that long ago that Atherton (and not Atherstone) were playing tier 10 in the same season Boston were playing tier 4...

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Darlington 0 v Walsall 1
Lost our FA cup replay ( live on BT sport) but held our own for much of the game and put on a good show. I think the lack of a decent front man hit us hard as we couldn't hold the ball up enough. Midfield and defense looked good but we couldn't take the chances we created. Anyway the cash and the exposure is the mos important thing in all of this

Your disappointment could be somewhat ameliorated by the latest news from Blackwell Meadows...

F A Trophy...Third round qualifying.

Darlington 2 ... Gainsborough Trinity 1.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Your disappointment could be somewhat ameliorated by the latest news from Blackwell Meadows...

F A Trophy...Third round qualifying.

Darlington 2 ... Gainsborough Trinity 1.

very pleased! i was at the musical Hamilton ( which, I find out, is about neither Lewis Hamilton nor Hamilton Academicals sadly ) on Saturday so had no opportunity to look for the result until after the game. By all accounts we were laboured but got the job done. More cash in the bank ids also a bonus. The draw for the next round should be around 13:00 today.

youngiecj

It's not all that long ago that Atherton (and not Atherstone) were playing tier 10 in the same season Boston were playing tier 4...
Of course Atherton, apologies. Amazing how things changes, nice set up there. Barrow at home is an excellent tie for them.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Of course Atherton, apologies. Amazing how things changes, nice set up there. Barrow at home is an excellent tie for them.

I think that the Wigan Wallgate to Salford Crescent train services pass by the Atherton Collieries ground which gives a good view of the stand and the pitch.

They play in the same league as my favoured team, Hyde United, viz. the BetVictor Northern Premier League. Hyde play away there on 7th December

Last edited:

gnolife

Established Member
I think that the Wigan Wallgate to Salford Crescent train services pass by the Atherton Collieries ground which gives a good view of the stand and the pitch.

They play in the same league as my favoured team, Hyde United, viz. the BetVictor Northern Premier League. Hyde play away there on 7th December
Wrong ground in Atherton - trains pass Atherton LR (of the North West Counties league), not Atherton Collieries

Old Yard Dog

Established Member
Gloucester City 0 Bradford 2 (FA Trophy)

Alleluia - we finally won a game on Sunday despite having to bring two old codgers out of retirement and put a young academy lad on the bench we were so short of players.

But there is something not quite right about watching Bristol City on Saturday, staying the night in a home-brew pub near Swindon and then doing the Swindon & Cricklade railway on Sunday morning as a prequel to a game in the NORTHERN section of the FA Trophy.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
If this man as match commander was not responsible for the death of 96 people who was? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-50592077

BBC said:
Hillsborough police chief David Duckenfield cleared of manslaughter

This quote resonates:

BBC said:
Christine Burke, whose father Henry Burke was killed in the disaster, stood in the public gallery and addressed the judge after the verdict was read out.

"With all due respect, my lord, 96 people were found unlawfully killed to a criminal standard," she said.

"I would like to know who is responsible for my father's death because someone is."

SteveM70

Established Member
Exactly, the buck stops with David Dukenfield and I'm baffled by this verdict.

absolutely. Somebody was trying to defend him on social media last night saying he was an old man and it was bad for his health. And I don’t think they were being ironic either. I wonder how the families of the 96 who never got to get old feel about that

The bottom line is he had responsibility and remuneration, and with that should come accountability

AlterEgo

Veteran Member

DarloRich

Veteran Member
The police were going after him as the fall guy. He had much of the responsibility for the deaths, but his actions didn’t meet the test for manslaughter. A just verdict. The Independent has a good piece:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/hillsborough-trial-verdict-david-duckenfield-not-guilty-why-prosecution-a8840691.html?amp

I disagree. Whilst he should not have been the only person in the dock he was the match commander. He made the decisions.

I ask again: if not the match commander who is responsible for the deaths of 96 people?

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
I disagree. Whilst he should not have been the only person in the dock he was the match commander. He made the decisions.

I ask again: if not the match commander who is responsible for the deaths of 96 people?

He, along with a number of other agencies, is responsible for the deaths - as per the inquest. But he did not commit manslaughter.

SteveM70

Established Member
BetVictor Northern Premier League

Hyde United 0 ... Witton Albion 0

Most unusual to find Hyde in a goal-less home draw, but they would be pleased to keep a clean sheet against a side three places above them in the league.

Get shut of calamity Kelly and keep a clean sheet