• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Football

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SS4

Established Member
Is the draw for the 3rd round tonight? Liverpool or Everton away would be lovely stuff.

You probably already know this but Leeds are away at Newcastle in the next round.

We welcome Tottenham to Villa Park which gives us a good boost if we win but if we don't we've at least lost to a premier league team

Anyway the draw is below

Code:
Manchester United v Liverpool

Sunderland v Peterborough

West Ham v Cardiff

Man City v Wigan

Burnley v Nottingham Forest

Newcastle v Leeds

Southampton v Bristol City

West Brom v Arsenal

Swindon v Chelsea

Tranmere v Stoke

Watford v Norwich

Aston Villa v Tottenham

Hull v Huddersfield

Leicester v Derby

Birmingham v Swansea

Fulham v Everton

Johnuk123

Established Member
Bale on the news again and guess what he still hasn't signed for anybody else, surely this is the most boring football story for a long long time.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Bale on the news again and guess what he still hasn't signed for anybody else, surely this is the most boring football story for a long long time.

I was in Stockport town centre today and passing the Imagine FM radio roadshow when I heard comment made saying that Gareth Bale had agreed personal terms with Real Madrid.

Mind you, Imagine FM radio are not too well known for their "breaking news" sports flash reports.

Liam

Established Member
I was in Stockport town centre today and passing the Imagine FM radio roadshow when I heard comment made saying that Gareth Bale had agreed personal terms with Real Madrid.

Mind you, Imagine FM radio are not too well known for their "breaking news" sports flash reports.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...ale-until-after-tottenhams-derby-with-arsenal

Spurs want to wait until after the north London derby. Are they in danger of putting Real Madrid off finishing the deal? Might put them in a sticky situation having spent all this money they don't yet have.

familyguy99

Oldham best player Jose Baxter have sign for Sheff Utd on three year contract with Oldham might be getting around £300.000 for that deal, not bad for Oldham who got Baxter last September on free transfer :)

Also Oldham have sign Man City midfield Albert Rusnak on loan deal until 5th January so hopefully he can play well for us for 4 months.

Last edited:

richw

Veteran Member
The Bale saga is apparently completed however the 2 sides have agreed not to officially announce it to avoid spurs' targets having their fees inflated when everyone knows how much money Spurs have. The Bale no show story was to make up for him not being in training to cover the above.
It is to be officially announced once Spurs have completed all of their signings.

David

Established Member
Spurs however don't have a big need to dive into the transfer market with the impending depature of Bale, seeing as they signed several players before the rumours started about Bale.

They made require a couple of extra players to bulk out their squad, but that's it, and I can't see them being held to ransom over that type of player.

richw

Veteran Member
Since these posts, this evening at 2138 Spurs announced their signing of Christian Eriksen

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Oldham's best player, Jose Baxter, has signed for Sheff Utd on three year contract with Oldham might be getting around £300.000 for that deal. Not bad for Oldham who got Baxter last September on free transfer :)

Good, financially, as that deal sounds, Oldham Athletic have lost one of their more influential players, on whom their hopes for a more fruitful season needed him to be in their playing ranks.

familyguy99

Oldham 0-1 Tranmere :(

Dull game it was, both team didn't played well and it was looking like it was heading for dull 0-0 score line until we give penalty away in 94th minute which Lowe score and plus our manager get send to stand too after Tranmere score that penalty, not a good day for Oldham.

EDIT: I see Stockport lose again in Skrill conference north division where they lose 3-1 to Harrogate Town mean they have lost four out of five games this season, if it wasn't for Gainsborough who lost all of their games so far then Stockport would been bottom of Skrill conference north division, it look like it going to be long hard season for Stockport county.

Last edited:

12CSVT

Established Member
EDIT: I see Stockport lose again in Skrill conference north division where they lose 3-1 to Harrogate Town mean they have lost four out of five games this season, if it wasn't for Gainsborough who lost all of their games so far then Stockport would been bottom of Skrill conference north division, it look like it going to be long hard season for Stockport county.

Looks like they'll have some local derbies against Ashton United, Trafford and Droylsden to look foreward to next season.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Looks like they'll have some local derbies against Ashton United, Trafford and Droylsden to look forward to next season.

In a sad reflection on football clubs in the Tameside area, if Droylsden do not start improving their results (23rd out of 24) and also my own non-league side Hyde (also next to bottom in the Conference Premiership), then both of these two sides will be looking at lesser-known grounds to be playing at next season...<(
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Curzon Ashton do look good. At least this league has play offs so it isn't top or nothing like the Northern League. We do need to improve, particularly defensively.

For matters of interest with regard to this fixture, Darlington 1883's fixtures with Curzon Ashton are as follows:-

Away : Monday, 14th October at 1945

Home : Saturday, 8th February at 1500

D841 Roebuck

Established Member
I understand Stockport's manager left the club after the defeat at Harrogate.

Did he resign, or did the chairman give Bogie "the flick"?

:)

Chaos at half time at Anfield. Decent game to be fair, Liverpool 1-0 up at HT.

Van Persie who was already booked for scything down Agger then raised his hands to a Liverpool defender. He wasn't sent off however. Big talking point.

Sturridge scores for the 3rd game in a row. Great reflexes as well, how many of those do you see balloon over the bar off a players head

actualy is it 4 in a row?

Last edited:

JoeH

Chaos at half time at Anfield. Decent game to be fair, Liverpool 1-0 up at HT.

Van Persie who was already booked for scything down Agger then raised his hands to a Liverpool defender. He wasn't sent off however. Big talkig point.

The Liverpool defender (Skrtel) appeared to hit Van Persie in the head. Van Persie then gestured this to the referee if that's what you mean by "raised his hands to a Liverpool defender"?

Last edited:
The Liverpool defender (Skrtel) appeared to hit Van Persie in the head. Van Persie then gestured this to the referee if that's what you mean by "raised his hands to a Liverpool defender"?

yes it looked that way. Certainly very lucky to stay on the pitch, Liverpool players and coaching staff furious.

Oh and now Carrick very lucky to stay on. Ref being very lenient to Man Utd here.

JoeH

yes it looked that way. Certainly very lucky to stay on the pitch, Liverpool players and coaching staff furious.

Oh and now Carrick very lucky to stay on. Ref being very lenient to Man Utd here.

So you acknowledge that Van Persie was probably struck in the head and that his only response was to tell the referee about it, but you still think he should have been sent off?

So you acknowledge that Van Persie was probably struck in the head and that his only response was to tell the referee about it, but you still think he should have been sent off?

He pushed out at the Liverpool lad but like you say he appeared to have a stray arm strike him in the jump. Can't raise your hands though. Very lucky but he stays on the pitch, will it be crucial? Man U all over Liverpool here

SS4

Established Member
I was listening to West Brom instead which was a very, very disappointing game for the home team.
Can't raise your hands though.

You can if you're on the special list of players who are not allowed to be disciplined. John Terry heads that list.

richw

Veteran Member
Guess I best support Arsenal now to keep us top of the league for the international break.

I was listening to West Brom instead which was a very, very disappointing game for the home team.

You can if you're on the special list of players who are not allowed to be disciplined. John Terry heads that list.

Yeah poor start from WBA. Remember how well Steve Clarks team started last season.

Another big game coming up.

Arsene Wenger has found his wallet from down the back of the sofa, Ozil on his way to Arsenal for £42 million according to the BBC transfer deadline day page.

familyguy99

I see Man Utd haven't buy anyone just let, I wonder if they are going to miss out on Fellaini and Ander Herrera in this transfer deadline date?

Kaka who I thought Man Utd or even Arsenal will try and buy have move back to AC Milan on free transfer :? if that true that he move back to AC Milan then Real Madrid have waste £56M on getting him back in 2009 then.

Oldham have only sign one player so far, Genseric kusunga for free transfer from FC Basel and he played for FC Basel when they knock Man Utd out of Champion League back in 2011.

Last edited:

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
I see Man Utd haven't buy anyone just let, I wonder if they are going to miss out on Fellaini and Ander Herrera in this transfer deadline date?

Marouane Fellaini put in a formal tranfer request late on in the day to Everton and the BBC News website now states that he has signed for Manchester United for a fee of £27.5 million.

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Marouane Fellaini put in a formal tranfer request late on in the day to Everton and the BBC News website now states that he has signed for Manchester United for a fee of £27.5 million.

Cracking piece of business by Everton that, he's worth about 27.5 Clubcard points. It strikes me as almost blind desperation by United here, why would you miss a chance to buy him for about £4m less under his old contract and be guaranteed the sale? Surely if they wanted him they'd get him early on, for much less, and not leave it until half an hour before the window closes?

David

Established Member
Having looked at the last minute deals, I think Everton have done best out of the Premiership clubs. They've sold Fellaini and Anichebe, but replaced them with McCarthy (from Wigan), Gareth Barry and Lukaku (the latter 2 on loan for the season), making a big profit in the process.

Oh, good luck to all of Arsenal's opponents this season, a midfield and attack compromising of Ozil, Rosicky, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Walcott, Arteta, Cazorla, Giroud and Podulski is a frightening prospect!