• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Football

Busaholic

Veteran Member
Should be a lot of happy passengers on the Overground southbound from Whitechapel this p.m. following Palace's away win against the Hammers.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CC 72100

Established Member
Sounds like the referee has sent of the wrong Sunderland defender at Old Trafford, sending off Brown instead of O'Shea.

Changes nothing that it was a 'stonewall penalty' that Rooney scored according to Paul Merson on SSN.

familyguy99

Oldham 0-4 Preston :-x

From start to finish Oldham were crap and we didn't even had shot a goal until 91st mins but fair play to Preston they were better team and after watch them today I do think they will go up to Championship.

To make it worse Barnsley beat Gillingham 1-0 and move above us in table. (Lee Johnson will be happy person tonight)

Gainsborough Trinity 3-3 Hyde

Hyde are now unbeaten in two matches and if it wasn't for Forrest scoring 90th mins equaliser for Gainsborough Hyde would probably won that match.

Kite159

Veteran Member
Hopefully those Southampton fans who were trying to get to West Brom this morning made it in time for the game after going via Swindon (Transwilts Dog-Box to the rescue!)

Although not the best score for Southampton.

Antman

Established Member
Should be a lot of happy passengers on the Overground southbound from Whitechapel this p.m. following Palace's away win against the Hammers.

And another nail in the Big Sam coffin? He suggested that Glen Murray should have been sent off before scoring twice and Jedinak should be hearing from the FA about his elbow incident.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Only the normal three, but it does wonders for a teams confidence and goal average :p

Indeed so. Most clubs would be very happy with a goal difference of +57 at this stage of the season.

********************************************************************************************************

Meanwhile, matters of crisis seem to be on a conveyor belt over at Rangers, where the chairman, David Somers, had tendered his resignation less than a week before the Extraordinary General Meeting that takes place at Ibrox on Friday of this week.

Last edited:

richw

Veteran Member
Only the normal three, but it does wonders for a teams confidence and goal average :p

The goal average and difference might come in handy.... If hearts have a collapse in results, unlikely looking at them play though.

Aggregate scores of the matches involving the teams I follow (Reading, Slough Town and Cowdenbeath): 0-17 :shock:

Still, looking forward to a trip to Bradford for the FA Cup Quarter Final next weekend with Reading (not necessarily looking forward to the match at the moment though :))

Scotrail84

Established Member

Goal difference doesn't matter when you're twenty points ahead. A red card and three penalties? Yet hearts fans claim they get nothing from refs..........

Clip

Established Member
Very happy with the win against Villa. Would be perfect if they went down this year as its about time.

Clip

Established Member
I'm sure SS4 would disagree with those sentiments.

How do you feel with John Carver as Manager of "The Toon" :p

Physically sick if Im honest.

As for the first sentence - memories last a long time in football - especially when we went down ;)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Oh dear just heard that Adam Johnson has been arrested for allegedly having sex with a minor.

Butts

Veteran Member
RIP Dave Mackay........one of the real hard men

Agree with that great Hearts stalwart before joining Spurs, when both were a force to be reckoned with.
Physically sick if Im honest.

As for the first sentence - memories last a long time in football - especially when we went down ;)
Oh dear just heard that Adam Johnson has been arrested for allegedly having sex with a miner.

:p:p:p

Are there still some left !!!

ExRes

Established Member
I should imagine so, as it was supposed to be Solihull Moors who they were supposed to be playing....:shock:

Still, I will settle for the three points....:D

:oops:

Mind you, I thought Solihull Moors played in the Spanish leagues, I'm sure I've seen highlights on Granada TV ..........

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Port Vale 0....Oldham Athletic 1

Just the tonic that Oldham needed after the home defeat last weekend by Preston North End....and a clean sheet as a bonus.
:oops:

Mind you, I thought Solihull Moors played in the Spanish leagues, I'm sure I've seen highlights on Granada TV ..........

Hyde are quite happy playing anyone from anywhere providing there is a chance of a win. They did have a pre-season friendly "played abroad" where they beat Prestatyn Town 8-2.

Now three league games undefeated...:D