• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Football

richw

Veteran Member
I wonder if the Chelsea fans continued support of "The Special One" could be Chelsea's undoing. They seem to be totally behind the manager at the moment and this could be the one thing stopping Abramovich pulling the trigger.
Something seems to be very wrong at the club at the moment and it seems to me it all stems from the manager and his increasingly erratic and paranoid behaviour.
Maybe a change there will benefit everyone in the short and long term

He lost his mum in the summer. I wonder if that's behind his behaviour this season. Grief does things like this to some people. Some form of depression potentially.
If it is the case he needs support not sacking.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

backontrack

Established Member
Kit Symons has been sacked by Fulham after their 5-2 defeat by Birmingham City at Craven Cottage. The team are now eight points adrift of the play-off places.

Minilad

Established Member
Remi Garde has done more with this team in 3 days than Sherwood the Charlatan did in 7 months. Play your best players in their best positions it's not rocket surgery FFS
Vive le revolution

Antman

Established Member
He lost his mum in the summer. I wonder if that's behind his behaviour this season. Grief does things like this to some people. Some form of depression potentially.
If it is the case he needs support not sacking.

The support he has had from the Chelsea faithful has been remarkable, has any other manager had such support in the circumstances?

12CSVT

Established Member
F A Cup (1st round)

Bury 4...Wigan Athletic 0

The heady days of winning the F A Cup as recently as 2013 must now seem a lifetime away for Wigan Athletic.

In the 1980s there was an even shorter time lapse between Coventry City winning the F A Cup (May 1987) and being knocked out of the cup by Sutton United (January 1989).

DarloRich

Veteran Member
FA Cup draw:

Salford v Hartlepooh - sigh - monkey murderers v plucky cup underdogs bankrolled by a billionaire and a number of former footballers who are now millionaires. Winners to meet Manure. Guess who will be on TV again?

If they were playing in my garden i would draw the curtains (apologies: B Shankly)

Last edited:

backontrack

Established Member
*sighs*

If Salford get through and beat Manure (nice name BTW) than we'll have endless media nonsense about the 'Class of '92/'15/imbeciles' (delete as applicable - only the latter is).

Last edited:

familyguy99

I see Mansfield/Oldham will take on Sheff Utd in R2 of FA Cup, Oldham do have good record against Sheff Utd at Bramall Lane (plus Latics haven't lost away match this season) but can they beat Mansfield in replay next Tuesday night?

Aldershot/Bradford City v Chesham United
Barnet v Brackley Town/Newport County
Stourbridge v Eastleigh
Northampton Town v Northwich/Boreham Wood
Exeter v Port Vale/Maidenhead United
Grimsby v Shrewsbury
Welling United v Carlisle
Colchester United v Altrincham
Salford City v Hartlepool
Dagenham & Redbridge/Morecambe v Whitehawk
Braintree/Oxford v Forest Green

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34762819

^^ Not bad draws for non league team but no doubt Salford v Hartlepool tie will be show on TV.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I see Mr Moyes is seeking employment.

Any suitable vacancies here?

Wasn't rumours of Moyes taking Chelsea job before Mourinho got appoint? I wonder if Chelsea will give him the job if they do sacked Mourinho knowing Moyes record in last few years haven't been great.

David

Established Member
Leyton Orient vs Scunthorpe .... I would have preferred another home tie, especially as Orient are having a decent season. I think this could be moved to be one of the Sunday 2pm kickoffs as there is the potential for a bit of an upset there.

Shrewsbury's reward for beating Gainsborough is another trip to the area to take on Grimsby Town, another contender to be moved as Shresbury are 17th in L1, and Grimsby 9th in the National League, but scoring quite freely (+19 GD).

Carlisle United must feel that the cup gods have deserted them, as they have another lengthy away trip, this time to Welling Utd. At least it isn't away to Whitehawk though! :lol:

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Wasn't rumours of Moyes taking Chelsea job before Mourinho got appointed? I wonder if Chelsea will give him the job if they do sack Mourinho, knowing Moyes record in last few years haven't been great.

Just had a look at the respective league tables:-

La Liga
Real Sociedad...P11...9 points...16th position

English Premiership
Chelsea.....P12...11 points...16th position

Amberley54

Macclesfield Town 3
Altrincham 0

After Saturday's freak results, normal service resumed. :D

And I had the honour of picking the Man of the Match this evening. :)

lazydragon

Gutted that my Irons have lost Payet for three months after a ridiculous challenge in the Everton match over the weekend. Payet has been a complete revelation so far this year, and firing us into European contention has been down to him in no small measure.

McCarthy should have been red carded for that, and although tackling is a part of the game, there are lines that have to be drawn.

Drogba11CFC

AFC Totton 2...Winchester City 5 (Edwards 55, Knight 79, Knight m/pen 78; Bentley 9, Basker 25, 47, Fay 81, Roberts 87)

Winchester City comfortably beat their local rivals to reach the third round of the Southern League Cup. City went ahead in the first ten minutes when Warren Bentley put them ahead and then Halem Basker scored on his debut midway through the half. Basker doubled City's lead just inside the second half before Edwards seized on a mix-up between the keeper and a City player to pull a goal back. With less than 15 minutes to go, Totton were awarded a penalty, but Knight saw his spot kick saved. However, he headed in the resulting corner. With 10 minutes left, Harrison Fay restored City's 2-goal cushion with his first touch of the ball before Adam Roberts put the icing on the cake with three minutes left.

HMS Ark Royal

Established Member
My mighty and beloved Hull United, the subject of the celebrated and widely lauded thread entitled How I stopped Worrying and learned to love the Replacement Taxi played their first home game at their new home ground with a 2-1 victory over Bottesford Town. Because we now play at a rugby stadium, we now have the second biggest non-league stadium capacity at 12-15,000 people and, according to the league, the only non-league team that has its own radio commentary for home matches. North Ferriby, a few leagues above us are sometimes on Radio Humberside but not all the time...

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
I wonder if the Chelsea fans continued support of "The Special One" could be Chelsea's undoing. They seem to be totally behind the manager at the moment and this could be the one thing stopping Abramovich pulling the trigger. Something seems to be very wrong at the club at the moment and it seems to me it all stems from the manager and his increasingly erratic and paranoid behaviour.

Well, we are less than one-third through the English Premiership season and the FA coffers are swelling nicely thanks to Chelsea and their manager. The fifth and latest fine by the F A has now seen a total of £205,000 in fines imposed by the F A this season on them.

HMS Ark Royal

Established Member
Well, we are less than one-third through the English Premiership season and the FA coffers are swelling nicely thanks to Chelsea and their manager. The fifth and latest fine by the F A has now seen a total of £205,000 in fines imposed by the F A this season on them.

Indeed...

Personally, I am hoping he goes before Christmas - because if he does and Chelski get relegated, a charity is getting £20 from another member from here

Want to put your money where your mouth is?

£20 says we won't, loser donates a score to a charity of their choice.

Last edited:

Antman

Established Member
Indeed...

Personally, I am hoping he goes before Christmas - because if he does and Chelski get relegated, a charity is getting £20 from another member from here

And if not then presumably a charity will be getting £20 from you?

SS4

Established Member
Chelsea, in the first 12 Premiership matches of this season have now lost 7 of these and lie in 16th position with only 11 points.

Oh boo hoo. Feel free to swap places with us Chelsea :lol:

Remi Garde has done more with this team in 3 days than Sherwood the Charlatan did in 7 months. Play your best players in their best positions it's not rocket surgery FFS
Vive le revolution

Here's hoping he can turn us around, I'm going to reserve judgement for now though. If we can take 4 points from Everton and Watford it'll be a welcome relief, for the most part I don't think we've played badly but lost concentration at key moments

Last edited:

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Vive le revolution

Always thought Sherwood came across well in interviews both at Villa and previously at Tottenham. Then again the same could be said of Chris Powell, Kit Symons, and Gary Bowyer who've all recently received their P45s. Just goes to show, in football even more than in other arenas, that fine words butter no parsnips!