• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Football

familyguy99

Shock result in League One today.

Oldham 2-1 Gillingham

Oldham beat 2nd place Gillingham 2-1 to win they only second league home match of season :D I didn't att match but I have hear Gills goal was wonderful strike by loft and one to watch on goal rush later.

Massive win that for Oldham as Chesterfield and Fleetwood both won mean Oldham are four points behind 20th place Fleetwood but win on Tues night against Peterborough can see us move point behind them in table.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RichmondCommu

Established Member
Good performance from Derby today and a much needed win. Not only that but Griffin Park is only 5 miles from home! And eight shots on target which for us is remarkable!

What happened to Chris Brunt at Reading today is a disgrace and I hope the WBA supporters who saw what happened do the decent thing. That kind of thing should not be happening at football matches.

Minilad

Established Member
What happened to Chris Brunt at Reading today is a disgrace and I hope the WBA supporters who saw what happened do the decent thing. That kind of thing should not be happening at football matches.

For the second year running Tesco fans act disgracefully in the FA Cup. They got lucky last year in that the media chose to highlight a celebratory pitch invasion instead of their fans disgraceful behaviour. Hopefully this year someone will get the book thrown at them

Drogba11CFC

Macclesfield v Dover Athletic P-P :(

Too late in the morning for the 'Dover train army' who carried on & are drinking in Macclesfield.

In the Southern League today, Cinderford's game against Taunton got called off at 2:23pm, Weymouth was called off at 2:45 due to safety reasons and Chesham vs Histon got called off at 2:50pm.

Meanwhile...

Winchester City 6 (SIX)...Burnham 1 (Glasspool 3, 37, Feeney 9, Bentley 19, 40, Barron 26; Ally 89)

It really was a game of two halves at Winchester as the hosts hit Burnham for six. Zach Glasspool found the net from a free kick just three minutes in, then Feeney and Bentley both rounded the Burnham keeper before Jamie Barron volleyed home from 20 yards. Glasspool then got his second before Warren Bentley found the top corner for his 30th league goal of the season. The second half was far less eventful (largely due to the linesman believing every call by Burnham for offside) before the visitors got a very late consolation. Burnham turned up with the attitude of a pub team, which would explain why they're second from bottom.

League table:
1. Winchester City P29 64pts
-----------------------------------------
2. Cinderford Town P26 62pts
3. Swindon Supermarine P28 61pts
4. Banbury United P29 60pts
5. Taunton Town P26 57pts
6. North Leigh P30 54pts
7. Shortwood Utd P29 52pts

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
In the Southern League today, Cinderford's game against Taunton got called off at 2:23pm, Weymouth was called off at 2:45 due to safety reasons and Chesham vs Histon got called off at 2:50pm.

Meanwhile...

Winchester City 6 (SIX)...Burnham 1 (Glasspool 3, 37, Feeney 9, Bentley 19, 40, Barron 26; Ally 89)

It really was a game of two halves at Winchester as the hosts hit Burnham for six. Zach Glasspool found the net from a free kick just three minutes in, then Feeney and Bentley both rounded the Burnham keeper before Jamie Barron volleyed home from 20 yards. Glasspool then got his second before Warren Bentley found the top corner for his 30th league goal of the season. The second half was far less eventful (largely due to the linesman believing every call by Burnham for offside) before the visitors got a very late consolation. Burnham turned up with the attitude of a pub team, which would explain why they're second from bottom.

League table:
1. Winchester City P29 64pts
2. Cinderford Town P26 62pts
3. Swindon Supermarine P28 61pts
4. Banbury United P29 60pts
5. Taunton Town P26 57pts
6. North Leigh P30 54pts
7. Shortwood Utd P29 52pts

Good to see my "second" team in the play-off places, hope they can sustain it until the end of the season.
In other news, Huddersfield Town resume their status as a "bogey team" for Wolves, beating them 1-0 in a hard-fought but quite entertaining game with a late goal from Nahki Wells. Two successive wins now and two successive clean sheets, glad that performances are finally starting to be matched with results!

Antman

Established Member
For the second year running Tesco fans act disgracefully in the FA Cup. They got lucky last year in that the media chose to highlight a celebratory pitch invasion instead of their fans disgraceful behaviour. Hopefully this year someone will get the book thrown at them

I rather get the impression that it was a very small number of Baggies fans that disgraced themselves?

andrew bell

FA Cup

Arsenal 0 - 0 Hull

Due to UEFA rules about clashing matches, the first chance for a replay would be March 7th - terrible for Arsenal as it would be just 60 hours after Arsenal play at Spurs

UEFA rules only state if it's a televised clash it can't be played at same time as their competitions, Hearts and Hibs had that problem last week, and they decided to not have game televised and kick off as normal at 7:45. They could play it on Tues March 8 but kick off would need to be 4:30pm at the latest if it's a TV game

HMS Ark Royal

Established Member
Ha ha ha ha ha...

We held them to a draw

Or, as Kirk would say

"We played it once your way, Khan - are you game for a rematch?"

Our advantage is that its a home fixture and we can relax and train hard - whilst Arsenal will be worn out and battered due to their fixtures

Established Member
Captain Kirk, plays for the Star Trek XI......... ;) Sorry - and I hate sci-fi, Googling tells me Khan was also a Star Trek character apparently, probably played right back.

Meanwhile on planet earth Millwall's keeper Jordan Archer made a remarkable save from a 30 yard back pass yesterday, by heading it over his own crossbar. Sky's Goals on Sunday has it as the opening item.

And while we're here, a joy to watch West Ham this afternoon, even if Blackburn gave them too much space. Just hope Big Sam gets the respect he deserves for putting the club on a stable footing next Saturday at Upton Park. It wasn't pretty, but without that we could still be in the Championship.

Last edited:

backontrack

Established Member
Fixed that for you. ;)

Yes, I know they weren't ALL youngsters, but a limited number of over age players are allowed in youth competitions anyway.

I think they failed massively on their team selections. I understand Faupala, Celini, M. Garcia, U. Garcia, Adarabioyo and Iheanacho, but why would anyone pick Fernando, Demichelis, Kolarov and Caballero? :lol:

It wasn't the youth picks that showed us how Man City are ignoring the cups, but the rest of the team.

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
I think they failed massively on their team selections. I understand Faupala, Celini, M. Garcia, U. Garcia, Adarabioyo and Iheanacho, but why would anyone pick Fernando, Demichelis, Kolarov and Caballero? :lol:

It wasn't the youth picks that showed us how Man City are ignoring the cups, but the rest of the team.

Good point. I didn't think that they were devaluing the cup by picking the kids, in fact was rooting for them because it's about time these rich clubs started producing their own players.

Speaking of youth teams, Huddersfield Town U-21s are in the semi-finals of the youth FA Cup having beaten a few big names in recent weeks, including Southampton who have had a big hand in creating the current England side. A few of them are starting to get regular Championship games now, too.

HMS Ark Royal

Established Member
Captain Kirk, plays for the Star Trek XI......... ;) Sorry - and I hate sci-fi, Googling tells me Khan was also a Star Trek character apparently, probably played right back..

What I was attempting to say was that despite Arsenal's best efforts, they could not beat the Tigers. Hence, why there is a replay where we should have both match, ground and strength advantages

fowler9

Established Member
Captain Kirk, plays for the Star Trek XI......... ;) Sorry - and I hate sci-fi, Googling tells me Khan was also a Star Trek character apparently, probably played right back.

Meanwhile on planet earth Millwall's keeper Jordan Archer made a remarkable save from a 30 yard back pass yesterday, by heading it over his own crossbar. Sky's Goals on Sunday has it as the opening item.

And while we're here, a joy to watch West Ham this afternoon, even if Blackburn gave them too much space. Just hope Big Sam gets the respect he deserves for putting the club on a stable footing next Saturday at Upton Park. It wasn't pretty, but without that we could still be in the Championship.

Blimey mate, trying to look cool on a Railway forum by knowing Captain Kirk, not knowing Khan and then knowing Milwalls keeper! :D

Established Member
Blimey mate, trying to look cool on a Railway forum by knowing Captain Kirk, not knowing Khan and then knowing Milwalls keeper! :D

8-) looking cooler now.

Blimey mate? Didn't realise you scousers were muli-lingual :)

As for Millwalls keeper, no never heard of him before, but the save was somewhat unorthodox.