• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Football

Butts

Veteran Member
I have always liked Ryan Fraser as a footballer and, as a fairly frequent visitor to Goodison Park, I am glad he is reportedly signing for Everton.

However his decision to walk out on Bournemouth in their hour of need, just to protect himself from injury by all accounts, is disgraceful. It is disloyalty of this sort turns that people against "prima donna" footballers. No doubt there will be a others like him.

Have you not just contradicted yourself by welcoming him to Goodison Park and at the same time castigating him for his behaviour in leaving Bournemouth ?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Old Yard Dog

Established Member
Following their defeat in court against the "nulling and voiding" of the NPL season, South Shields now face an extra £200,000 bill as they have been ordered to pay the FA's legal expenses.

What does this say about the legal profession? Presumably some fat-cat lawyer must have told them they had some chance of winning otherwise they would never have taken the matter to court. The lawyers pocket their fees, win or lose.

Is the law really so ambiguous that a trained practitioner could not have worked out that South Shields did not have a case, advised them accordingly, and thus saved the club a great deal of money?

Hearts and Partick Thistle seem intent on pressing ahead despite the South Shields verdict. Yes I know Scottish and English laws are different.

richw

Veteran Member
If Liverpool win the Premier League tonight, will they be - at the same time - the earliest (in terms of games played), and also the latest (date)?

scotrail158713

Established Member
If Liverpool win the Premier League tonight, will they be - at the same time - the earliest (in terms of games played), and also the latest (date)?
I don’t know for definite however I reckon it’s highly likely - it’d certainly be a great statistic if true.
EDIT - it seemed to be confirmed on the news tonight that 7 games to spare is a record

Last edited:

Old Yard Dog

Established Member
Its like plot night and New Years Eve rolled into one in Ellesmere Port tonight as red fans celebrate by letting off fireworks and scaring our cat. It would be churlish to say they don't deserve it.

From a purely selfish point of view, let's hope they now take their eye off the ball and drop a point in their last few home games to preserve Bradford (Park Avenue)'s all-time record of 25 successive home wins, set in D3N between 1926 and 1927.

Jamesrob637

Established Member
Yeah City didn't do us (Manc) Reds any favours as I was (still am) hoping for fourth!

Karl

On Moderation
Congratulations Liverpool. Well deserved...... but please shut the **** up!!! The radio 5 Live is unbearable. Love from Preston North End ;)

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Sorry to hear the news today regarding the sad passing of 1966 World Cup winner Jack Charlton, aged 85.

How many of the 1966 England World Cup final team are still around?

Iskra

Established Member
An absolutely massive late win for Leeds United this afternoon against Swansea City, courtesy of Pablo Hernandez. A nice bit of revenge for when they did the same to us early in the season and celebrated like they had won promotion.

Surely, even Leeds couldn't mess this up now.

Puffing Devil

Established Member
Manchester City have won their appeal against a European ban and will be free to play in next season’s Champions League.

83G/84D

Established Member
Surely, even Leeds couldn't mess this up now.

Sadly not, never forget my teams last gasp defeat from the jaws of victory at Elland Rd partly thanks to a diabolical refereeing decision. December 2004 was the date if you want to look it up.

Last edited:

Iskra

Established Member
Sadly not, never forget my teams last gasp defeat from the jaws of victory at Elland Rd partly thanks to a diabolical refereeing decision. December 2004 was the date if you want to look it up.

I was at that game! I always liked Plymouth, we tended to do pretty well against you.

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Does anyone know whether the Cheshire Senior Cup 2019-2020 has been declared null and void. Just before the embargo, it had reached the semi-final stage matches:-
Chester v. Hyde United
Nantwich Town v. Warrington Town
According to a statement on the Cheshire FA website dated 31st March 2020 (you'll need to scroll down for the relevant section), the Senior Cup competition has been expunged and free entry given for season 2020/21 for teams that entered the competition in 2019/20.

I type here as a LIVID Wolves fan, after Mike Dean thought, that Matt Doherty protecting himself - from what could have serious face injuries, is deemed as handball!

Our top 4 hopes are dead, Spurs and Arsenal winning to place more pressure on us and 2 such crucial points lost!

The best case for us; finish 6th and win the Europa League to silence the establishment.

Bald Rick

Veteran Member
I type here as a LIVID Wolves fan, after Mike Dean thought, that Matt Doherty protecting himself - from what could have serious face injuries, is deemed as handball!

Our top 4 hopes are dead, Spurs and Arsenal winning to place more pressure on us and 2 such crucial points lost!

The best case for us; finish 6th and win the Europa League to silence the establishment.

Not a good call by Dean. Although the fiver on a draw with three minutes to go helped to dull the pain.

Last edited:

scotrail158713

Established Member

I’m a ref myself and I have to agree. However I’m a member of a refereeing forum, and there’s a thread discussing it. Opinion on it is split - some of us think the free kick should have been given, whilst others are in agreement with giving a penalty.

Here’s the link if anyone is interested:

SteveM70

Established Member

Sorry, but from this angle Doherty is in no danger of Wood kicking him. It’s still probably dangerous play, and so VAR should have overruled Dean as Wood’s offence happened first

694B15CC-6B20-40A9-951F-5F6E875CE7C1.jpeg

Tetchytyke

Veteran Member
Mike Dean thought

Mike Dean is incapable of sentient thought, the mussels I had for tea last night had more intelligence than Dean. How he's become one of the top refs in the country is quite beyond me.

Trouble is, the VAR refs are unwilling to ever argue it's a clear and obvious error.

I'm still shaking my head at how Arsenal managed to win last night. Any other day and that would have been a 4-0 thumping.