• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Footex Gerald goes to Wembley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

barrykas

Established Member
One fairly obvious difference between the FootEx and the W&S timings is that the FootEx is routed via Oxley (Stafford Road Junction), Wolverhampton North Junction and Dudley Port instead of via Tame Bridge Parkway.

Having done some digging on TRUST, the Up train is showing as operated by ATW, and the Down train by Chiltern!

Chester025

Very many thanks Jordy, appreciate your assistance,non soccer types also on board, with a foot . of snow in Wrexham Gerald, is the way to travel on Sunday .where i Live we have 15 foot drifts on the drive due to wind,worst in 40 years up here,wont get out for days.

I was informed that when a 'crank' did try and purchase a ticket at the booking office they were told that a ticket for the match was required to purchase a ticket for the train?

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
Anyone got the route for Sundays Footex from Wrexham to Wembley? will the stock be stabled in Chester tonight.

Bob
Route from Wrexham to Wembley via Shrewsbury, Birmingham New St, Solihull, Banbury and Chiltern Line.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
We seem to have people posting on this today on two separate threads.

The Planner

Veteran Member
:D:D Adds to the list of a lazy schedule, that is changing it's timing load then as someone couldn't be bothered to put the proper running times in, no other reason for it to stop there....

Chester025

The train may be shown to stop at Tyseley, but will not be stopping, traincrew relief is at Birmingham New St. Train wil also be booked top and tale due to no GSMR radio fitted to the DVT.

In that case I assume it's 001 and 002 top and tail then.

merlodlliw

Established Member
Wrexham/ Denbighshire /Flintshire triangle
I was informed that when a 'crank' did try and purchase a ticket at the booking office they were told that a ticket for the match was required to purchase a ticket for the train?

I have also heard that,a few of my colleagues,who make up the 20K travelling
are supporting the team in the final & relishing travel on Gerald, however nothing on the ATW posters says you must have a ticket to the match.

DaveHarries

Established Member
Been looking on OPen Train Times. The train codes for the extra workings appear to be:

1P52 0915 Wrexham General - Wembley Stadium
via. Shrewsbury, Birmingham NS, Tyseley, Banbury, High Wycombe & Ruslip
Timings based on a Class 15x DMU.

5Z52 1256 Wembley Stadium - London Marylebone (Plat 1)
via. Neasden South Junction

5Z50 1737 Wembley LMD - Wembley Stadium

1Z50 1741 Wembley Stadium - Wrexham General
Timings based on a Class 158 DMU

Some possible confusion over operators as well I think. 1P52 (code error: perhaps showld be 1Z52?) is shown as operated by ATW but the remaining 3 are shown as Chiltern Railways workings.

As a note it was said that the train home would be later in the event of extra time / penalties. In connection with this there is a train shown at Wrexham General as:

1Z54 1841 Wembley Stadium - Wrexham General

which is also shown as a Chiltern Railways working.

HTIOI,
Dave

tnxrail

1P52 Was 2x67 and DVT (67001, 67002 & 82306 I believe) with coaching stock passed though Solihull on time not to long ago.
Video Here not best quality but got what it could: http://youtu.be/AVwJDmfpkNw

Last edited:

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
Been looking on OPen Train Times. The train codes for the extra workings appear to be:

1P52 0915 Wrexham General - Wembley Stadium
via. Shrewsbury, Birmingham NS, Tyseley, Banbury, High Wycombe & Ruslip
Timings based on a Class 15x DMU.

5Z52 1256 Wembley Stadium - London Marylebone (Plat 1)
via. Neasden South Junction

5Z50 1737 Wembley LMD - Wembley Stadium

1Z50 1741 Wembley Stadium - Wrexham General

Some possible confusion over operators as well I think. 1P52 (code error: perhaps showld be 1Z52?) is shown as operated by ATW but the remaining 3 are shown as Chiltern Railways workings.

As a note it was said that the train home would be later in the event of extra time / penalties. In connection with this there is a train shown at Wrexham General as:

1Z54 1841 Wembley Stadium - Wrexham General

which is also shown as a Chiltern Railways working.

HTIOI,
Dave

There are probably no timings available for 67 between Shrewsbutry and Birmingham, so would have to be timed for something where speed would be compatible.

gazthomas

Established Member
I was there and it was absolutely freezing! First half was terrible, that's why they're not in the league proper I guess. Good result in the end for Wrexham though. Shame there was only 1 train when (I hear) 160 coaches made the trip from North Wales.

merlodlliw

Established Member
I was there and it was absolutely freezing! First half was terrible, that's why they're not in the league proper I guess. Good result in the end for Wrexham though. Shame there was only 1 train when (I hear) 160 coaches made the trip from North Wales.

correct that number of coaches was about correct,it was a Sunday and in my opinion ATW did what they could with their resources.

They lost league two due to a property developer making the racecourse go bust, dont forget Swansea were in the same trouble a few years ago.

Bob

Tracky

correct that number of coaches was about correct,it was a Sunday and in my opinion ATW did what they could with their resources.

ATW went far beyond what many expected.

The day showed great teamwork between two TOC's which while part of the same group are separate and so there were challenges to overcome. I hope that ATW management will be satisfied by positive publicity and some profit and will look at providing similar additional services for future events.

peter166

Realtime Trains shows this service as running more or less to time until Shrewsbury which it passed 10 mins late but then arrival at Wrexham is shown as 65 mins late. Does anyone know the reason for the late running from Shrewsbury?

Also does anyone know anything about 1Z99 20.49 Manchester P to Wrexham operated by WR?

robschopper

1Z54 was diverted via Crewe due to a failed train somewhere near Chirk. The Crew on the failed train were due to operate the Chester - Crewe shuttle which was then cancelled. 1Z54 stopped in p12 at Crewe to collect a many passengers as it could take that were waiting for the Chester service. It then made an additional stop at Chester, arriving into Wrexham about 23:30.

High Dyke

Established Member
Realtime Trains shows this service as running more or less to time until Shrewsbury which it passed 10 mins late but then arrival at Wrexham is shown as 65 mins late. Does anyone know the reason for the late running from Shrewsbury?

Also does anyone know anything about 1Z99 20.49 Manchester P to Wrexham operated by WR?
1D19 1907 Birmingham to Chester reports that brakes are stuck on at Chirk station. 1Z54 was held at Shrewsbury due to this. 1D19 BHAM INTL 19:07 Termin'd CHESTER 23:43 134 min late

1Z99 (Not sure what the motive power on this was - and timings didn't work on paper)
Code:
 1Z99 MANCR PIC 20:49 WREXHMGEN 23:36 
 1Z99 WREXHMGEN 22:30 WREXHMGEN 23:55 
 1Z99 WREXHMGEN 00:01 SHREWSBRY 00:39 
 1Z99 SHREWSBRY 01:00 CREWE     02:13

merlodlliw

Established Member
ATW went far beyond what many expected.

The day showed great teamwork between two TOC's which while part of the same group are separate and so there were challenges to overcome. I hope that ATW management will be satisfied by positive publicity and some profit and will look at providing similar additional services for future events.

Indeed they did,having Gerald packed to Capacity both ways on Sunday was a first, we've got the FA Trophy & two chances to get into league two now.
Mike Bagshaw(ATW Director) told us a lot of effort was being made to run the Footex, involving Nat Rail/Network Rail & Chiltern. I am sure they knew it would be filled.
Pictures of Gerald on his way to Wembley will be on North Wales rail forum on Tuesday.

Tracky

Pictures of Gerald on his way to Wembley will be on North Wales rail forum on Tuesday.

Excellent. Positive publicity is key to the efforts being made.

It is a shame the return ran late but I suspect those on board didn't mind too much.

Boothby97

Established Member
By my calculations 47760 should have been on 1Z99 as that was what the loco was working to all day (1Z99 for each move). It was on snow clearing duties

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.