• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

For you Sound Experts....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guinness

Established Member
I recently reinstalled Windows using my Step by Step guide provided by Compaq. I have a bit of a problem however....

My sound is too high pitch sounds quite wrong. This seems to be when I play music and not playing Games (Mainly Locomotion). I've tried altering the settings in Sound Control or what ever its called. I've tried the Compaq website, but there are thousands of 6xxx models. (I've tried this)

I've had no luck. :(

I'm running Soundmax Version 5.12.1.3044 Driver if it helps. Oh and my speakers are integrated into the monitor - Same for the soundcard.

Any help welcome :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jd

Is the driver you're using the correct one for your speakers?

Guinness

Established Member
jdan said:
Is the driver you're using the correct one for your speakers?

Yep

Cockfosters said:
Try updating the drivers, may help.

Can't figure out my Model Number so I cannot update/reinstall the correct driver. :(

T

Tom

Open up the machine, the model number will be on the card unless its integrated, in which case, you need the AC97 Audio Codec driver.

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
yep most onboard seems to be AC97 these days.... if you are using windoze xp I'm surprised it didn't recognise it all automatically! When I installed my sound under windoze server 2003 I had to find the driver myself which took some time but using some numbers printed on the card itself it wasn't long before I was listening to me tunes!

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
intel maybe... but I have two motherboards with it - one having a SiS chipset and the other having a via chipset. the via board having a creative sound card anyway - onboard sound is crap! unfortuantley the via board has gone to heaven!

Status
Not open for further replies.