• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Forced Re-boot after playing BVE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gareth Hale

Hi, Every time I go on BVE, and when I quit it, I get the Windows XP Blue Screen of Death and I have to do a forced reboot, is there a way to stop this?

Cheers

Specs

AMD Sempron 64-bit 3100+
1GB PC3200 Memory
nVidia 5700+ 256MB
Windows XP Home Edition
74GB S-ATA 10,000RPM hard drive

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

T

Tom

I would think its generally because your processor is working too fast for itself. A slow (remember, the 3100+ has a clockspeed in the 2.4GHz region) processor and big RAM alloc tied with a really fast non-integrated system can mess up your system.

devon_metro

Established Member
Sometimes happenes on my p4 3Ghz :o
I Click close in the BVE Menu, press ctrl alt delete, go onto 'processes', find bve.exe and end it! Works fine without an anoying blue screen and re-boot! Hope this helps

My computer reboots automatically all the time if i close BVE in the correct way, and is rather annoying, so i have to use ctrl and Esc, then ctrl alt del, and end it manually

Chris

Did older versions of BVE4 not do this? I seem to remember gatting rather annoyed with it. Make sure you have Version 4.2.1947.25355, available from the original BVE website on:

http://mackoy.cool.ne.jp/.

It may even be worth re-installing, make sure you back up your railway and train folders though!

Gareth Hale

Thanks, it works with the CTRL+ALT+DEL. It just never happened when I had a Sempron 2800+ and my Celeron 700MHz.

Coxster

Established Member
43103 said:
My computer reboots automatically all the time if i close BVE in the correct way, and is rather annoying, so i have to use ctrl and Esc, then ctrl alt del, and end it manually
I got that. Upgrading the Graphics Drivers solved it.

Tom B

Established Member
I've had it happen before on another machine - upgrade sorted things. You could as suggested press CTRL+ALT+DEL, then click "Task Manager" to bring up task manager and kill it from there.

"kill -9 needs no justification" :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.