• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Forders sidings (Stewartby)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladder23

Established Member
As previously used for waste trains, its been closed now for some time (I can't be date specific I am not aware) but its looking like its due to re open once again with the new incinerator stationed close by.

Rumour is trucks will drive to and from the site to the incinerator.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Aictos

Established Member
Been told that 6 trains containing contaminated spoil departed last year for Basford Hall Crewe and that the next trains to and from Forders Sidings will be household rubbish once the power station at Stewartby opens.

Ladder23

Established Member
Been told that 6 trains containing contaminated spoil departed last year for Basford Hall Crewe and that the next trains to and from Forders Sidings will be household rubbish once the power station at Stewartby opens.
Thanks for that I wasn’t aware!

have you any additional info about where the waste will come from?

DarloRich

Veteran Member
I have noticed a couple of Bow > Forders runs in the system for stupid o'clock. I don't think they have run yet

I thought the spoil trains were worksite waste not waste from Forders.

Ladder23

Established Member
I have noticed a couple of Bow > Forders runs in the system for stupid o'clock. I don't think they have run yet

Yes I’ve found one! Around 2/3am! Interesting..

Aictos

Established Member
Thanks for that I wasn’t aware!

have you any additional info about where the waste will come from?
No idea, sorry.

No idea, it's just what I was told.

Dunfanaghy Rd

I always wondered about TC. It got added to some of our sites on the Southern. I always associated it with traffic from the western (spit!).
Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.