• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Forgot to ask for my railcard to be added to my Oyster Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrh2254

Not travelled to London for a while and I used my Oyster card without first asking at the kiosk to have my railcard added (doh!).
I realised after I exited the tube station and immediately went to the kiosk and had it added.
The person on the desk said that no refunds for the journey I had already undertaken before I had it added.
I just wondered if this was actually the case?
I expect it is!
Thank you.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Not travelled to London for a while and I used my Oyster card without first asking at the kiosk to have my railcard added (doh!).
I realised after I exited the tube station and immediately went to the kiosk and had it added.
The person on the desk said that no refunds for the journey I had already undertaken before I had it added.
I just wondered if this was actually the case?
I expect it is!
Thank you.
Yes, there are no refunds for journeys already undertaken, but the cap will be reduced at that point so all travel that day counts towards the discounted cap.

jrh2254

Thanks for your reply. I had not appreciated the daily discounted cap point - pity I did not exceed it (I think) as I spent £2.90 out and £1.90 back ,so £4.80 in the day. Thanks.

infobleep

Veteran Member
Yes, there are no refunds for journeys already undertaken, but the cap will be reduced at that point so all travel that day counts towards the discounted cap.
In sure when I had my gold card added after making a journey it adjusted later on but maybe I hit some cap. It wasn't recent journeys.

Status
Not open for further replies.