• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Form help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave A

Wondering if anyone here could help.

I've got two forms, the same page but in different cells. One is a login form, the other a search form. For some reason every time I submit the login form, it directs to the search form? Cany anyone help me?

Search form:

Code:
<FORM METHOD="GET" ACTION="/search/search.php" name="Search">
Search<INPUT NAME="q" TYPE="text" class="searchform" id="searchform">
<INPUT TYPE="submit" VALUE="Go" class="searchbutton" id="searchbutton">

Login Form:

Code:
<form action="/login.php" method="POST" name="Login">
<input type="text" name="username"><br />
<input type="password" name="password"><br />
<input type="submit" value="login" name="login">

Also, while I'm on the subject, does anyone know how to make a log in form dissapear, after the form has been submitted?

Thanks in advance :)

P.S. No comments pls about how messy it is ;)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

T

Tom

Not done forms for a while, but you haven't closed the </form> to the search.

Dave A

Oh dear... How embarassing... I feel like a complete and utter wally :confused: :boxing: :sleepy3:

Edited (by doublepost prevention system):
OK, I have searched for a solution for hours and to no avail. What I'm trying to do now is get the form to redirect back to the page I used log in, as at the moment, its going to the default page on the forum (sharing the database), as its set to do.

HTML:
<form action="/forums/login.php" method="post"><table>
<tr><td><input type="text" class="loginbox" name="username" size="12"></td></tr>
<tr><td><input type="password" class="loginbox" name="password" size="12"></td></tr>
<tr><td><input type="submit" value="login" class="submit" name="login"></td></tr>
</table>
</form>

I'm also trying to get the logout action to stay on the same page when logging out:

PHP:
<?php
$u_login_logout = '/forums/login.'.$phpEx.'?logout=true&sid=' . $userdata['session_id'];
$logout = append_sid($u_login_logout);
?>
<div id="logoutback"> 

<span class="menulinks">     <a id="logoutbut" href="<?php echo $logout ?>">Logout</a></span>

<?php  
}
?>

If anyone knows any way of doing this, it would greatly be appreciated :D

Status
Not open for further replies.