• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Former Calverton Colliery Branch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kneedown

Established Member
I've noticed a fair bit of track removal taking place only recently, and there is now work of some kind underway on the overbridge spanning the B683 between Bestwood Village and Papplewick.
Does anyone know whats going on? Are they removing the bridge completely or doing it up for potential future use?

Regards,
K'down.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ole man

Have a look at this

itsacr02a.nottscc.gov.uk/apps/ncc/declogs/ddr3.nsf/.../sp2114.pdf

Im not very good a doing links, bascically Notts CC have purchased it to build on

Kneedown

Established Member
Have a look at this

itsacr02a.nottscc.gov.uk/apps/ncc/declogs/ddr3.nsf/.../sp2114.pdf

Im not very good a doing links, bascically Notts CC have purchased it to build on

Thanks for the reply.
I'm afraid i can't get the link to work but i get the jist of it.
Sadly it looks like another nail in the coffin of future reopening/new footpaths.
Found an ecology report for the area on the Council website and afraid there's no Great Crested Newts to save the day, although they are doing a second survey on Lizard and Grass Snake populations, so fingers crossed!

Status
Not open for further replies.