• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Formula 1

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

HOOVER29

The only good part of the Cricket was the super over.

Don’t you mean when it finished!!

I often pass by the lads playing cricket down the ground on a Sunday on the way to the pub.
Admittedly I often look over in their direction.
Then carry on just walking by.

JamesT

Established Member
I saw Chris Grayling was actually doing something useful at the Grand Prix yesterday. :)

DarloRich

Veteran Member
The final lap of the 2008 Brazilian Grand Prix.

Agreed. That was a while ago mind!

Your loss, it was an action packed race. Hamilton Vs Bottas, Leclerc Vs verstappen, the safety car period, Mclaren Vs Renault, Vettel rear ending verstappen. The only good part of the Cricket was the super over.

I will watch the GP on playback tonight and let you know.

HOOVER29

They should give Messers Hammy & Bottyass a one lap penalty st the start of the race & make sure Verstappen & Leclerc start every race side by side.
Then pair up every other loony on the F1 grid.
Bring back slicks, refuelling & skinny wings oh & manual gearbox changes plus take away traction control & every other modern device but leave safety related items as they are.
Oh one more thing. Get rid of the poxy sounding 1.6 engine & bring back the screaming V10’s.
I know Johnny polar bear & every tree hugger in the world won’t like it but at least it’ll be exciting.

Oh damn I’ve woke up.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
we might have a decent F1 race on our hands here due to the rain - it has gone full on wacky races!

Last edited:

LOL The Irony

On Moderation
Both Alfa Romeos were handed 30 second time penalties for having suspected launch control.
I just saw. F1 has it as a "clutch irregularity" but it promotes Hamilton to 9th so it's not all lost for Merc. The irony of this (:p;)) is that I was watching videos over the weekend that mentioned Option 13 a lot.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
The thought occurs to me - is this the first time that someone has crossed the line in 11th place but still ended up increasing his advantage in the points over the second placed driver in the championship?

Geezertronic

Established Member
You've got to give it to Vettel, 20th to 2nd at his home race should give him a massive boost for the rest of the season now, particularly as the qualifying issues were not his fault

DarloRich

Veteran Member
You've got to give it to Vettel, 20th to 2nd at his home race should give him a massive boost for the rest of the season now, particularly as the qualifying issues were not his fault

he didn't seem bothered by the race for most of it and only came second because everyone else crashed into the scenery! It wasn't a drive like the one he did in Brazil or Abu Dhabi in 2012. At least Ferrari got the strategy right this time!

HOOVER29

People underestimate just how much a drivers home race means to them. Look at Hamilton at Silverstone. It brings the best out of him. You could see the massive disappointment on Vettel’s face when his car malfunctioned on Saturday just as you could when he binned it in the kitty litter at Hockenheim last year. To say he wasn’t bothered is claptrap. He wanted to win.

Geezertronic

Established Member
he didn't seem bothered by the race for most of it and only came second because everyone else crashed into the scenery! It wasn't a drive like the one he did in Brazil or Abu Dhabi in 2012. At least Ferrari got the strategy right this time!

I guess when the pressure is off, that is when Vettel excels. That seems to be a common theme for him, even back in his Red Bull / Championship days when he knew he had the fastest car. But when the pressure was on at Red Bull, he didn't seem to handle it

DarloRich

Veteran Member
I guess when the pressure is off, that is when Vettel excels. That seems to be a common theme for him, even back in his Red Bull / Championship days when he knew he had the fastest car. But when the pressure was on at Red Bull, he didn't seem to handle it

In those two races above the pressure was absolutely on. Brazil he was spun round by Bruno Senna and ended up last. He drove through to 6th to win the championship.

LOL The Irony

On Moderation
In those two races above the pressure was absolutely on. Brazil he was spun round by Bruno Senna and ended up last. He drove through to 6th to win the championship.
He couldn't pass the oldest driver on the grid or worse still, get close enough to pass. If so many people didn't have incidents, he could've easily finished behind Kimi.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
He couldn't pass the oldest driver on the grid or worse still, get close enough to pass. If so many people didn't have incidents, he could've easily finished behind Kimi.

agreed - he seems a bit down cast at present. Perhaps he has had enough and/or has lost the "fire"