• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Forth Bridge Experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeGJ1984

I've heard of plans to allow people to walk the Forth Bridge and seen the site http://www.forthbridgeexperience.com/ but it hasn't been updated since 2017. Anybody know of its status/developments? I also thought they wre going to add a bridge climb similar to the Sydney Harbour Bridge.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

InOban

Established Member
So far it's only been open for charity on a few weekends.

Highlandspring

Established Member
My understanding of the situation is that funding and central support for the visitor centre project was suddenly withdrawn soon after NR became a direct part of the DfT in September 2014. Seperately the North Queensferry centre plans came under fierce and sustained resistance from local residents who were concerned about the impact the site would have on the village. The plans for the south side visitor centre/climbing experience continue to be developed with a degree of support from the Scottish Government, though I don’t know whether they have actually provided any any financial backing...

Status
Not open for further replies.